Dog Schedule For Working Dog Owners
In this modern day and age, people are just so busy that they can rarely find time to take care of their dog. This is a sad reality because having a pet pooch is just like having kids. It takes time and a whole lot of commitment.
However, it’s definitely possible to have a dog despite having a full-time job. The key is to manage your time well.
Here’s an ideal schedule to follow when it comes to juggling work and taking care of your dog.
- 07:00 AM - Dogs normally go to the toilet the moment they wake up, so take your pooch with you in the bathroom as you wake up. After that, leave your dog to play with some toys as you go on with your business. Give it toys that will keep it entertained so you will not be distracted.
- 07:30 AM - After you take a bath and get dressed, it's time to feed your pooch its breakfast while you prepare your meal. If you’re going to feed your pet twice a day, then this would be your dog’s first meal.
- 08:00 AM - After you and your dog finish your meal, it’s time to go out for a brisk walk. This is also another opportunity for your pooch to pee. So before going out, take it to the toilet. Dogs normally pee 10 to 30 minutes after eating, although adult dogs are better at holding it in. But this does not apply to small pups.
- 09:00 AM - After your walk, let your dog settle. Perhaps, you can place it on a crate with its toys. That way, you will be able to prepare for work as well. If you’re confident about leaving your dog in the yard, then put it there so your pet can freely explore while you get some things done.
- 01:00 PM - Consider going home for lunch so you can spend more time with your pooch. Your pet would love for you to go home at this time so you can bond and play around. Also, take this opportunity to take your pet to the toilet. If you are raising a puppy, then feed your pooch its midday meal.
- 01:30 PM - Before you leave for work, change the water of your pet. Also, take your dog to the bathroom.
- 05:00 PM - When you get back from work, give your pet fresh and clean water, along with its evening meal. Right after your pup finishes eating, take it out for a walk. This is also the most suitable time to potty train your dog.
- 07:00 PM - Make sure to take your dog to relieve itself before bedtime. But avoid playing at this time because if your dog gets too excited, you’ll have a hard time making it sleep. Maintain a calm behavior with your pooch so when you take it to sleep, it will be much easier. Crate training is one of the most effective ways to teach your active dog to stay calm and prepare itself for bedtime.
For busy pet parents, an automatic dog feeder will surely be a great help. With this device, you don’t have to worry about your dog missing a meal. You can set this feeder to a particular time or frequency where it will release food for your pooch to eat.
Even if you’re not around, you can be sure that your beloved pet will not be hungry. It’s very convenient and a great purchase for pet owners that have to juggle with a full-time job and take care of their pooch at the same time.