If you’re reading this, you’re probably feeling undecided about which option to pick between dog steps/stairs or ramps. If you’ve never tried one of these options before it can be difficult to figure out which one would be a good fit for your home and your dog. That’s why we prepared a guide that’ll help you decide based on the advantages of each option while taking your needs and the needs of your dog into account.
What To Choose (Dog Stairs Vs Dog Ramps)
Every dog owner has a unique set of requirements based on the design of their home and the needs of their canine companion. That means there’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to pet products.
But, it’s understandable that most pet parents can’t tell the difference between dog stairs and steps. That’s because these two words have the same meaning, and are often used interchangeably, which is what we’ll be doing in this article.
Pros Of Dog Stairs Over Dog Ramps
There are many benefits of using dog stairs or steps instead of dog ramps, such as the following:
- Dog stairs are compact, and they don’t take up much space. Yet they’ll help your pet reach the same height as a dog ramp. You can easily place the dog steps next to your bed or any tight space.
- Dog steps have an ergonomic design that makes it easier to store them when not in use.
- Stairs enable your dog to climb up and down the stairs safely regardless of their age or health condition. That’s why dog steps come highly recommended for elderly dogs or young pups that are still getting used to climbing stairs.
- Dog stairs are versatile enough for outdoor use, and you can easily store them next to your car, in your garage or next to an outdoor deck.
- It’s easier to find customized pet stairs when compared to dog ramps. That’s because manufacturers are always interested in customizing pet stairs and cater to unique customer needs and specifications. All you have to do is provide the manufacturer with your specific dimension, and they’ll give you a quote of how much it’ll cost to customize the dog stairs.
- Dog stairs typically cost less than dog ramps because they’re cheaper to make. This makes them an ideal option for anyone that’s shopping on a budget.
Cons Of Dog Stairs Over Dog Ramps
Dog Stairs vs. Ramps: Which Do You Really Need?
There are also quite a few disadvantages worth mentioning when comparing dog stairs to dog ramps.