Dog Chocolate Toxic Calculator
Try our Dog Chocolate Toxic Calculator Tool to quickly calculate the toxic level of chocolate that your dog has consumeFor a quick approximation, 0.5 ounce of baking cocoa, 1.5 ounces of dark cocoa, 3.5 ounces of milk variety, or 47 pounds of white variety can cause harm to a 10 pound dog.
Protect your beloved pets without breaking the bank
- Unlimited video calls & texts with vets
- Available 24/7
- Annual $3,000 emergency fund
- LIMITED TIME - 7 DAYS FREE trial
- SPECIAL OFFER - 20% OFF 1st month
- Flexible coverage
- Hassle free claims
- Multiple pets family plan
27 Toxic Foods To Dogs
Chocolate is not the only food that is poison to dogs, although it sure is heavenly to humans. Learn about 26 more toxic dog foods you should absolutely keep away from your pooches by clicking the button below.Learn the 26 Other Toxic Foods For Dogs
How Much Chocolate Is Toxic For Your Dogs?
Research says that consuming approximately one pound of cocoa can be harmful to your dog. For those of you who did not know that chocolate in large amounts is toxic to your dogs, this article is a must-read.
What factors determine the level of toxicity?
How dangerous consuming sweets can be is determined by the:
- Weight of your dog
- Amount consumed by your dog
- The type that has been consumed by your dog. Here the rule is that more the percentage of the cocoa present more is the harm. The white varieties are however less dangerous, almost non-hazardous.
What happens if it is consumed in large quantities?
Large quantities can lead to:
- Stomach upsets
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Other serious medical problems such as seizures, muscle tremors, internal bleeding, irregular heartbeats or even a heart attack
What contributes to the level of toxicity in your dogs?
The following components are what makes it deadly:
How to get the cocoa out of your dog's system?
The best way to get anything harmful out of your dog's body is to encourage them to puke or poop. You can achieve this by giving one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, sold at 3% concentration, mixed with water. You can try mixing it with vanilla ice cream if your dog does not drink it otherwise.
Alternatively, you can take your dog for a walk or engage your dog in some physical activity.
In the worst-case scenario, please seek help from your veterinary doctor.