Whether you are a professional groomer or a pup parent keeping your pooch looking sharp at home, there is no downplaying the value of good tools. This is what will help you tame that wild mane or achieve the adorable teddy bear look for your pooch. Whatever it is you are going for, you need to choose the very best clippers on the market. In this case, you can never go wrong with Andis clippers.
The best Andis dog clipper models are the Andis Excel Pro-Animal, Andis Pulse Zr II, and the Andis Detachable Plus Speed 2 Model AG2. Here is more about these and 9 other models that should be on your radar.
12. Andis Excel Pro-Animal
- Powerful, rotary motor clipper for complete animal grooming
- Variable, 5-speed clipping
- Detachable blades for easy changing and detachable blades for easy changing and cleaning
The Andis Excel Pro-Animal is easily one of the best dog clippers on the market and the best of all the Andis dog clippers models. It has a 5-speed setting which is particularly handy in a professional setting where groomers handle dogs with all sorts of coats.
It is also designed for maximum comfort during use with its ergonomic handle design and anti-slip grip pads on the sides of the handle.
11. Andis Pulse Zr II
- Now with a removable battery for quick and easy replacement. Improved run-time of 3-hours on a single charge
- Lithium-ion power mated with powerful rotary motor to cut any hair type
- 5 speeds: adjustable from 2, 500 to 4, 500 strokes per minute
Cordless clippers offer a lot of freedom. Unfortunately, not many have long run times which means you are always on a tight clock. That is not the case with the 3 hour clipping time you get from the Andis Pulse Zr II.
It also stands out in terms of flexibility with the 2-speed settings. The 2500 strokes per minute is awesome for small dogs or those with smooth coats especially when you want to avoid overheating. The 4500 strokes per minute on the other hand offer a faster and cleaner shave if you are ready to deal with the overheating.
10. Andis Purple Galaxy
- Includes: Charger stand Charging adapter Ceramic Edge #10 blade Hard storage case Additional blade drive Blade oil
- Made in the US
- Package weight : 3.5 pounds
When it comes to functionality, the Andis Purple Galaxy is quite similar to many other premium models from the brand. It has a 5 speed system, high quality ceramic blades, and a long battery time of 3 hours.
Where this model stands out the most is in the aesthetics. It features a beautiful, colorful finish that is ideal for groomers and dog owners who want a bit of flair with the awesome functionality.
9. Andis AN-79000 Supra ZR
- The heavy duty Supra ZR detachable blade clipper delivers corded power in a cordless design. The voltage for Charger...
- Detachable blade design provides greater versatility from multiple blade options
- Lithium-ion power mated with powerful rotary motor to cut any hair type - wet or dry
When it comes to dog clippers, whether or not a set is corded is a very important factor to consider. One of the best cordless Andis dog clippers is the AN-79000 Supra ZR.
This model runs on a lithium-ion battery that offers a 2-hour run time on 2 hours of charging. This is not the longest run time but it is more than enough for one clipping on small to medium dog breeds or even large breeds with manageable coats.
8. Andis 63700 BGRC Hair Clipper
- Rotary motor for heavy-duty use; Delivers power for removing weight and bulk.
- Convertible to cordless using the BGR plus battery pack and charger (sold separately).
- 20% lighter, 10% smaller and 15% faster than traditional clippers.
A little versatility goes a long way which is why this particular Andis dog clipper model is such a hit. What is so special about it is the fact that it can be used both as a corded and as a cordless set of clippers. This is ideal if you want flexibility on when and where you can use the model to groom your dog.
As a cordless dog clipper, it offers about 2 hours of clipping at a speed of 2900 strokes per minute which is ideal for both coarse and smooth fur.
7. Andis UltraEdge Super 2
- 2-SPEED ROTARY MOTOR: The Trimmer contains a super two-speed rotary motor that cuts hairs at 3400-4400 strokes per...
- DETACHABLE BLADE: You can easily attach & detach the blade with the help of the metal clips present in the clipper. This...
- LESS NOISE: Pets or animals won’t feel irritated or get hurt while cutting their hair. The trimmer runs with low or no...
The Andis UltraEdge Super 2 has 2 speed settings which is fantastic both in professional and non-professional dog grooming settings.
The 3400 strokes per minute speed is more than enough for the at-home groomer no matter what coat type you are working on.
The 4400 strokes per minute on the other hand is ideal for professionals as they offer a faster shave allowing you to go through more dogs in less time. However, at this speed overheating is more likely.
6. Andis 63965 Ceramic BGRC
- Powerful rotary motor for heavy-duty use
- The clipper is 20% lighter and 10% smaller with its heavy duty high speed motor
- Includes #1 CeramicEdge blades
The Andis 63965 Ceramic BGRC is popular for its lightweight design. It is actually 20% lighter than other models which makes a huge difference when it comes to handling and using it for dog grooming purposes.
This will come in very handy when you are grooming large dogs or dogs with problematic coats. The last thing you want is to be holding a bulky and heavy set of clippers while simultaneously controlling an almost inevitably restless dog
5. Andis 1705 Black Master Limited Edition
- High speed magnetic motor
- Best suited for all around cutting and tapering
- Electro-Glide Technology Blade finish for faster, smoother cutting
This is yet another limited edition model from Andis that may be simple in design and functionality but is actually quite reliable.
The Andis 1705 Black Master Limited Edition stands out with its magnetic motor capable of 14000 strokes per minute. This is one of the highest clipper speeds on the market let alone from the Andis brand. It is a great investment mainly for professional groomers for this very reason but could also be used in domestic settings.
4. Andis ProClip AGC
Overheating is a common issue with dog clippers as the blades operate. Lubrication alone is never enough to stop this which is why the self-cooling design on this set of Andis clippers, the Andis ProClip AGC, is such a big deal.
This design allows you to use the clippers for longer without experiencing overheating. The fact that there are no vents also means you do not have to worry about fur getting stuck there and clogging up the cooling system.
3. Andis Detachable Plus Speed 2 Model AG2
- A powerful clipper specifically designed for fast, smooth grooming of heavy coats.
- At high speed this gets the job done while keeping the animal comfortable. Volts - 120 V
- Cool-running smart design eliminates fans and vents that can become clogged with hair.
This is another 2-speed Andris dog clipper but the Andis Detachable Plus Speed 2 Model AG2 has a lower range with 2700 and 3400 as the available clipper speeds. This makes it appropriate for pet owners interested in DIY pet grooming. It is also awesome for professionals looking for a reliable set of clippers.
The corded model also stands out with its 14 feet long cord. This is ideal for grooming dogs that have a history of restlessness. With this much range, you can keep up with them both indoors and outdoors and get the job done.
2. Andis 22340 ProClip AGC2 Speed
- ROTARY MOTOR: The trimmer's powerful two-speed rotary motor clipper with 120V voltage performs on par with that of pros....
- COMPATIBLE: For all livestock and breeds, the trimmer is ideal. Additionally, it has an animal-compatible enclosure with...
- LOW NOISE: The animal cutter makes relatively little noise while operating. Low noise won't frighten your pet, and...
Whether you are a professional groomer or just a DIY dog grooming enthusiast, you want to invest in something that will last long and give you great service. That is exactly what the hardy frame on the Andis 22340 ProClip AGC2 Speed dog clippers promises.
This heavy-duty build, however, is also quite heavy measuring in at 2 lbs, making it one of the heaviest Andis dog clippers models.
1. Andis 05110 T-Outliner
The Andis 05110 T outliner is a unique set of clippers and was released as a limited-edition model. The sleek, black clippers are ideal for beginners and for non-professional dog groomers.
With its basic one-speed functionality, the Andis 05110 T-Outliner works really well especially with dogs that have manageable and generally unproblematic coats.
In addition to being pretty reliable and easy to use, this model is also designed for the user’s comfort with the ridged surface that offers great grip.
Is Andis A Good Brand? Andis is a good brand of dog clippers. They are known for their high quality models made with durable materials. They also have a wide variety of clippers to choose from based on your dog’s specific grooming needs. The variety also caters to your individual convenience and efficiency needs as the user.
Why Do Andis Clippers Get Hot? Andis clippers can get hot when the blades dry up and the clipper runs for long periods of time. Ideally, the clippers should be lubricated every 10 minutes. This is important as it helps to avoid friction especially at high clipper speeds which is the main cause of overheating with these grooming tools.
How Do You Oil Andis Clipper Blades? In order to oil Andis clippers, you must first turn off the blades and clean them using a clipper brush. Once the blades are cleared of any remnants of fur, you will then proceed to apply the clipper oil or whatever other lubricant you are using whether spray or liquid. Once you’re done just turn the clippers back on for about 10 seconds for the oil to spread out over the blade.