The best automatic dog water dispenser is Fairy Tale Automatic Pet Water Dispenser.
No matter how busy you’re during those fun summer days, make sure that your doggie drinks at least an ounce of water for every pound it weighs, if you don’t want your pooch to dehydrate. However, with the best automatic dog water dispenser, you can readily manage that and not have to fret about it.
#1 hipidog Automatic Food Feeder And Waterer Set
Manufactured by Fairy Tale, this set of gravity-based food and water dispensers from hipidog doesn’t require any source of energy like electricity, etc to run. Its non-skid rubber feet ensure that it stays in place when your dog attempts to drink water.
It implements a well-thought-out design and provides easy-to-carry side cut-out handles for extra portability. Owing to its compact size, it is very convenient for traveling, parties, and other outdoor activities.
The plastic material employed in its manufacturing is eco-friendly and free of harmful chemicals such as BPA which is capable of disrupting your pet’s normal metabolic functions and can even induce cancer.
hipidog Automatic Waterer is the ultimate dog water dispenser you’ll find in terms of convenience, portability, design, and build quality, and thus the best option on this list. It comes with all the handy features, with our favorite one being its separable barrel and chassis, allowing you to clean it with ease. If you ask us, we’d say just go for it blindfolded and thank us later.
- Doesn’t run on electricity to operate as it uses gravity to dispense food and water for your pups, which is a great way to keep their meals fresh.
- Easy to move around as it has side cut-out handles and can be placed firmly on the ground, thanks to the non-skid rubber feet.
- The dispenser is safe and environmentally safe for your furry friends as it is made of 100% BPA-free food-grade plastic.
- It is easy to clean and maintain as it has a wide mouth bottle and can easily be unscrewed for proper cleaning.
- The containers can hold 3.8 liters of feed or water, and this can last up to a week for smaller pups or three days for the larger dog breeds.
- The food and water portions may not be dispensed accurately, which results in your pup overconsuming or becoming hungry and thirsty.
- Water can seep into some parts of the dispenser’s mechanisms during cleaning, and this can cause molding, which is dangerous for your pup’s health while consuming contaminated water.
#2 Automatic Capacity Replendish Gravity Waterer
This automatic gravity-based waterer comes with a whopping 1-gal capacity water tank, making it easy for you to keep your beloved pet hydrated even if you are gone for a couple of days.
The signature secure twist-lock opening ensures that there’re no occasional leaks. It comes with a see-through barrel allowing you to know the time to refill the tank.
There’s a superiorly designed, thick pet water bowl in place with can be easily cleaned by wiping with a wet towel or cleaning in the dishwasher.
You’re getting a full-fledged pet water dispenser with all the necessary features such as a high-capacity tank, leakproof technology, high-quality dog water bowl, and much more at a groundbreaking price tag. We wouldn’t want anything more from an automatic dog water dispenser than we’re being offered in this package.
- Pets can use it with minimal supervision as it holds up to 1 gallon of water which only needs to be refilled every four days for pups under 30 lbs.
- It doesn’t need electricity and relies on gravity to refill, cutting down on utility costs.
- The water remains clean and safe for drinking in this see-through dispenser thanks to the installed charcoal filter.
- Made of easy-to-clean BPA-free plastics, making it safe for storing potable water and eco-friendly when discarded and disposed of.
- The secure twist-lock prevents any accidental leakage so that the waterer does not create a mess each time it is topped up with water.
- Not suitable for larger dogs because they can easily knock down the waterer or chew through the plastic.
- The bottle cap can be challenging to remove at times, especially when you need to refill the bottle with water.
#3 Ancaixin Automatic Gravity Dispenser
This dog water dispenser is known for its high-capacity one-gallon water tank, supplying enough water for 3 to 4 pets throughout a week. A self-cleaning slicker brush is provided to be used to clean the tank fittingly.
It has been manufactured from BPA-free, non-toxic plastic, safe for your doggie and our ecosystem. BPA is a harmful agent which messes up the hormonal balance in your pet’s body and can cause life-threatening medical conditions.
The bottom portion of this gravity waterer is built of anti-slip rubber material which keeps the water bowl firmly attached to the ground. There’re side cut-outs in place for easy lifting and cleaning purposes.
Our team has a crush on this one because of its 100% refund policy for the first 30 days, a two-year assurance, and lifetime customer service. Besides that, it can store a gallon of water which makes it an irresistible deal.
- Comes with a self-cleaning slicker brush to keep the tank clean regularly.
- Does not require electricity to operate, and can be used anywhere, thanks to its gravity-based mechanism to fill up the feeder.
- Made of BPA-free plastic which is safe for your pets and the environment.
- Comes with an anti-slip bottom to keep it from moving when placed on the ground, and it also comes with side handles for easy transportation.
- The feeder holds up to 1 gallon and can feed smaller pets for up to a week and larger ones for a few days.
- The dispenser is reported to possibly malfunction and not drop food or water, so a backup is necessary, in the event that you will be away from home for a few days.
- Larger dogs may break the dispenser due to the use of its low-strength plastic material.
#4 PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station comes in 3 sizes; Small with a 64-oz capacity; Medium with 128-oz capacity; Large with a 320-oz capacity.
It comes with a stainless steel water bowl instead of a plastic bowl. Stainless steel bowls last longer, discourage bacteria, and do not leach chemicals when exposed to heat or sun. They are also more hygienic and easy to clean as compared to plastic bowls.
Being a gravity-based dog water dispenser, it doesn’t require electricity to run and thus can be taken to any place or placed anywhere. Besides that, this automatic waterer has been designed in a compact and modern style, thus suitable for any room setting.
Being responsible pet owners, we’d prefer our pets to drink water from a stainless steel bowl instead of a plastic one. And for our convenience, an automatic dog water dispenser with a wide reservoir would be awesome because it makes cleaning the water tank very easy. So, we’d definitely buy it for these two reasons.
- Available in different capacities which are 0.5, 1, or 1½ gallons to suit the needs of pets of all sizes.
- Comes with a stainless steel feeding bowl which is more hygienic for your pups as it is easy to clean and wipe.
- Comes with a durable plastic tank or reservoir that easily locks into place, preventing spilling accidents.
- Operates on gravity and refills when needed, which means your furry friends can eat or drink around the clock.
- This water station has a carbonated water filter (sold separately) which ensures your pets are always drinking clean and safe filtered water.
- The water station is reported not to continuously dispense water at times, which means your pups may get thirsty and agitated if you leave it unattended for a few days.
- The metal feeding dish may suffer scratches from your pets over time.
#5 Petmate Pet Cafe Waterer Cat And Dog Water Dispenser
The Petmate Pet Cafe Waterer is an automatic-refilling water dispenser designed to ensure that pets have access to fresh, drinkable water at all times.
Water hoppers can automatically fill this Petmate dispenser reservoir when water levels get low, and the inverted nature of the dispenser ensures water constantly remains in the water bowl.
To ensure easy maintenance, the wide-mouth bottle of the Petmate waterer, featuring a screw design, can be removed and cleaned.
Easy-grab cutouts located at the sides of the waterer base make it possible for pet parents to lift and relocate the waterer without spilling water across the floor of the home.
Concerns about the flimsy nature of the Petmate water dispensers cover lids abound, but overall, this is a great product for busy pet parents looking to ensure that their pets continuously have access to work while they are away at work.
- Continuous dispensing of food and water can hold up to 0.25 gallon, perfect for smaller dog breeds.
- Can be used anywhere and is easy to move thanks to the cutout design on the side, which allows you to move the dispenser with no spills.
- Easy to clean thanks to the PET plastic material and the wide hopper opening, which can easily be cleaned with a soft brush.
- Requires no power, which is energy saving, and instead relies on gravity for refills.
- Uses a modern design that comes in multiple colors to suit your preference and your home decor.
- Instead of HDPE, the water dispenser lid is made of low-quality plastic, which means that it can degrade with time and leak contaminants into the drinking water, deeming it unsafe for your pets.
- Its bottle poses a couple of challenges that include its deformed shape after leaving it for a wash cycle in a dishwasher and its hard-to-screw lid due to the cross-threading opening.
#6 Amazon Basics Self-Dispensing Gravity Pet Waterer
This automatic dog water dispenser by Amazon provides a durable framework, with its PP top lid and transparent PET storage hopper making it easy for you to check its water level.
It comes with an extra-wide-mouth water reservoir aided by removable parts ensuring that cleaning the water dispenser doesn’t have to be a burden on you.
The side handles are integrated, making it easy for you to lift the dispenser from one place to another. Owing to its non-skid rubber feet, the dispenser doesn’t scooch across the floor when your pet is trying to drink water.
When it comes to its build quality, you can’t mess with the line of products from Amazon Basics and that’s what makes this product a super worthy offering on this list. Other than that, a feature worth paying for in this package is its innovative connector which prevents leakage of water, and of course, Amazon Basics backed one-year warranty makes it a delightful deal.
- Purchasing the waterer is a great deal at a fantastic price point, as it comes with both the waterer and feeder.
- The feeder can hold up to 12 lbs of pet food, while the waterer can comfortably hold up to 1 gallon of water.
- Refills food and water using gravity, which means you do not need electricity or batteries to operate.
- Made of durable plastic and it can withstand impact or regular cleaning.
- Convenient design with the cut-out handles for easy movement as well as the anti-skid rubber feet to hold the dispenser in place.
- The waterer is reported to have a leakage issue due to defects, so it is best to use it outside or on a designated mat to prevent problems like slip-and-fall accidents.
- Does not come with a secure lock for the feeding dispenser, which means spillage is likely during refill.
#7 Old Tjikko Dogs Water Dispenser
Old Tjikko Dog water dispenser comes equipped with a water tank capacity of one gallon, made of BPA-free, non-toxic PET plastic material that is safe for drinking purposes.
Flaunting an anti-skid silicon film at the base, this water dispenser can withstand forceful tugs, therefore, making it suitable for dogs of all sizes and ages.
Its thoughtfully designed system ensures that no water spillage takes place at the time of refilling or replacing the water reservoir.
It’s a cost-effective, safe and secure dog water dispenser to keep your dogs water-fed for 3-4 days without having to worry much. So, we recommend you to buy the product right away if it’s matching all your requirements.
- Large enough to feed your small pup for up to 3 days as it takes up to a gallon of water.
- No spillage when unscrewing and refilling the waterer and only resumes the water supply once screwed back in.
- Uses gravity to refill the waterer and needs no electricity or batteries to operate, reducing utility costs and removing the need for battery replacements.
- Easy to clean bucket since it is made of BPA-free plastic and also detaches from the dispenser.
- The dispenser is able to stay in place, thanks to the anti-slip silicon covering at its bottom.
- Regular refilling of the water tank is necessary if you have purchased this dispenser for your large furry friend, and this can be viewed as an inconvenience.
- Mold can form inside the dispenser if not properly cleaned and dried, and it can contaminate your pup’s water the next time you top up the dispenser with water.
#8 Veken Pet Fountain Water Dispenser
The Veken water dispenser is a 95-oz plastic construction that is designed to offer a constant supply of water for pets. The dispenser features food-grade, BPA-free plastic construction. This, along with the inclusion of a triple filtration system, helps ensure that water in the dispenser remains healthy for pets to consume.
Additionally, the dispenser’s innovative water level window makes it easier for pet owners to keep track of how much water their pets drink and when the dispenser is due for refilling. And with the two flow methods available with this Veken dispenser, pet owners can easily draw their furry friends’ attention and encourage their pets to drink.
The dispenser also boasts a smart water pumping system that automatically turns off when the fountain runs dry, along with a handy LED light that alerts users when water levels run low. The Veken dispenser’s low-energy pump makes little or no noise while in use, making it quite suitable for indoor use.
Several intuitive and user-friendly features make the Veken 95-oz fountain water dispenser the product to buy if what you seek is equipment that’ll constantly keep your pet hydrated. The durable plastic construction ensures you’ll get years of use with this dispenser and the inclusion of a filtration system to help keep water free of contaminants is a nice touch.
- Unique design which includes a water fountain with 2 modes which are flower waterfall and gentle fountain.
- Its water capacity holds up to 95 fl oz, an amount which is ideal for smaller dog breeds like Dachshunds.
- You can tell when you need to refill the dispenser thanks to the water window on the side and LED light.
- Has a triple filter system which includes activated carbon layer, ion exchange resin and thick non-woven fabric, and this keeps the water clean and safe for your pet.
- Operates with an electrical cord and as an ultra-quiet pump to keep the water circulating and can serve you for up to 2 years.
- The motor for the pump starts making loud noises after months of frequent use, and this calls for a pump replacement.
- The length of the pump’s electrical cord is a little short and may not be suitable for all spaces.
#9 Flexzion Pet Water Dispenser Station
Flexzion Pet Dog water dispenser flexes a gravity-based watering system that’s capable of automatically replenishing your pet’s supply every time it becomes low.
Its anti-microbial material ensures that the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria stays in check. It is the most suitable option for multi-pet households because it houses an extra-large 3-gal water reservoir, although available in the 1-gal capacity as well.
It comes equipped with wide-angle, large area feet that flaunt anti-slip rubber padding capable of withstanding forceful tugs and pushes.
You’d love this automatic pet water dispenser, especially if your dog is a mess-maker because its rubber padded feet are extremely stable and there’s no chance of water spillage. We’d highly recommend this for pet owners because we’re in love with its feet.
- Made of antimicrobial non-toxic plastic that prevents bacteria and bad odor, and this means that your pets enjoy clean uncontaminated water.
- Has non-slip rubber feet which prevent the dispenser from moving around or scratching your floors.
- There is a 1-gal and 3-gal dispenser option that uses gravity to keep the water flowing, even when you are away.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors as it is easy to move around thanks to its recessed side handles.
- Easy to clean and the refill cap prevents any water spillage during water replacement.
- The station cannot withstand heat and may deform, meaning that it cannot be sent for a wash cycle in a dishwasher.
- The plastic bottle can be dented if mishandled by you or your furry friend, so care must be taken when handling this dispenser.
Automatic Dog Water Dispenser Buyer’s Guide
If you’re confused about which type of automatic dog water dispenser to buy for your pet, this buyer’s guide is mainly dedicated to responsible pet owners like you. Let us help you buy your pet the best gravity waterer.
Major Benefits Of Automatic Dog Water Dispensers
- They can provide your pet with a continuous supply of clean water for days when you’re not at home.
- Water dispensers operate based on gravity and don’t necessarily require any form of energy to work, so no water connection is required.
- Dispensers are very portable systems as they can be easily displaced from one place to another.
- Some dispensers also come with extra filtering technologies allowing your doggie to drink clean water.
Things To Consider When Buying An Automatic Dog Water Dispenser
The Capacity Of The Dog Water Dispenser
These automatic water dispenser systems are a convenient way to keep your pet hydrated in the scorching heat of summer days. However, these water stations aren’t universally suitable for all occasions. If you’ve got a single pet, you’ll be looking for a low-capacity waterer that can keep your pet hydrated.
In contrast, owners with multiple pet dogs need to buy a water dispenser with a considerably higher capacity. If you intend to let the water dispenser keep your pet hydrated for more than 2 to 3 days, you’ll need to buy a dispenser with a capacity of 3 to 4 gallons.
In case, the water quality of your area is troubling you, then you’ll need to consider buying a water station that has an activated carbon filter or antibacterial materials to keep the stain and odor-causing bacteria at bay. If you can’t refill the water reservoir all by yourself, you’ll need to consider buying the one which can be refilled via the top lid.
Ergonomics Of The Dog Water Dispenser
There are several things that you’ll need to take into consideration when it comes to the ergonomics of a dog water dispenser. Firstly, you should look for how convenient it is to refill the reservoir. It’s easier to refill the storage hopper via the top lid as compared to the bottom valve.
Another thing to consider is how handy it is to carry the dispenser from one place to another. Most of the dog water dispensers are provided with double-sided cutouts which make them very portable.
If your pet dog is aged or is suffering from arthritis, you’ll want to buy an automatic water dispenser with a stand. It is because your pet dog won’t have to bend down for drinking water, thus giving him relief from stiff muscles and sore joints by the reduction in stress on its neck, hips, and shoulders.
Lastly, you should go for the waterer which has some kind of padding at the feet such as rubber or silicone padding because the dispenser should be stable enough to withstand tugs and pushes by dogs.
Build Quality Of The Dog Water Dispenser
There’re some very essential things to consider in this section before buying a gravity waterer. The lid and the storage tank should be manufactured from non-toxic materials such as PET, PP plastic material, stainless steel, etc.
PET and PP are usually coupled together as lid and storage hopper material for a dispenser respectively because these materials make a safe combination for water storage. Several water dispensers some with stainless steel bowls, since stainless steel is more effective against bacterial growth, rust-free, and can last much longer.
The most important thing to consider when buying a plastic manufactured dispenser is the fact whether it is BPA-free or not. BPA is a very harmful chemical because it can disrupt normal life processes and is carcinogenic.
Ease Of Cleaning
You should also consider the fact that not all dog water dispensers are dishwasher-friendly. Some materials get damaged in the dishwasher while some materials get harmed when you wash them with hot water. So, always look for these things when buying an automatic dog water dispenser.
There’s no doubt that all of the dog water dispensers listed above are great products that deserved to be put to use. However, it would be best if you went for what we would go for, i.e., our top pick.
We feel that an ideal water dispenser, besides fulfilling its basic functionality, should be structurally stable to avoid unnecessary spillage and water mess when knocked or being pawed at, and should have a reservoir made from non-toxic, BPA-free, eco-friendly plastic material to safeguard your dog’s health and show our care for the environment.