In a world where there are uncertainties regarding the effectiveness and safety of using cannabidiol or CBD for treating pet ailments, the Canna-Pet brand is doing well to allay customer fears. It does this by constantly churning out high-quality, nutritious, and natural CBD-based pet treats and products.
The general curiosity about CBD-based treatment methods and consumables for pets is greatly reflected in Canna-Pet’s social media presence, with a strong 35,000 followers on Instagram at the time of writing. Additionally, the Canna-Pet brand has been featured in notable online publications, such as the New York Times and Newsweek.
That said, this review article focuses mainly on how Canna-Pet utilizes CBD to formulate effective treatment options for pets, its various products available for pet parents to try out, the safety of its products, and comprehensive competitor analysis to see how the brand stacks up against other rival brands in the hemp-based treatment market and other relevant information.
Overview Of Canna-Pet
Founded in 2013, the Canna-Pet brand is a pioneer in CBD and hemp-based treatments for pets. Based in Seattle, Washington, Canna-Pet produces organic, ethically sourced, and non-genetically modified organism products intended to assist our furry friends with leading healthy lives.
The Canna-Pet brand specializes in producing hemp-based supplements for pets, and its manufacturing process is backed by intensive research, which is powered by advanced scientific and technological methods.
Apart from its work in calming anxious pets, Canna-Pet is also involved in several charitable activities. The most notable involvement is the offer of 50% off on its products to animal rescue organizations. The brand is collaborating with several animal charities, such as Animal Hope and Wellness, Harlee’s Angel, and The Beagle Freedom Project, among others.
Additionally, the Canna-Pet brand is notable for its role in lobbying for and helping to draft the 2018 Farm Bill, which is intended to assist hemp farmers nationwide. The company has also donated over $1 million to aid the study of hemp products as viable treatment methods for pets suffering from cancer, anxiety, and pain.
- Products are available for shipping outside the United States.
- Offers product discounts to animal charities.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Mild-tasting products that pets will ingest without objection.
- Canna-Pet CBD products are covered by major insurance providers such as Petplan and Trupanion.
- Canna-Pet products are manufactured in cGMP laboratories based in the United States.
- Each Canna-Pet CBD product is devoid of animal products, preservatives, wheat, and other food substances that typically trigger allergic reactions.
- Lack of a phone number to contact customer care.
- Canna-Pet products are expensive.
- Lack of detailed product testing results on the company or third-party websites.
How Does Canna-Pet Work?
Production of activated hemp CBD products begins with the harvesting of organic biomass from the hemp plant.
The process of extracting CBD used for formulating Canna-Pet products from raw hemp typically involves harnessing an extraction machine that freezes and compresses carbon dioxide or CO2 into a supercritical liquid form, of which it is allowed to pass through the base plant to extract its CBD content.
The CBD production process also involves extensive testing procedures before, during, and after the extraction procedure to ensure consistent CBD, 9-delta-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabichromene (CBC), and cannabigerol (CBG) concentrations.
THC is toxic to pets in significant amounts. Hence, Canna-Pet assures customers that the concentration of this substance is kept at a minimal level below the dangerous toxicity levels.
Canna-Pet produces CBD-based products for dogs, cats, and horses, with the varying potency of each product perfectly suiting each pet’s individual needs.
Canna-Pet CBD products for dogs are typically available in the form of:
- Advanced formula small and large capsules containing a wide spectrum of CBD oil which is derived from hemp extracts, such as cannabinoids and flavonoids.
- Advanced MaxCBD capsules and liquid containing a much higher concentration of CBD oil both provide improved absorption and bioavailability.
- Canna-Pet biscuits.
- Advanced formula small capsules for cats.
- Advanced MaxCBD capsules for cats.
There are different methods of administering each Canna-Pet product, but the most common methods include opening and sprinkling the contents of a capsule into the pet’s food, hiding capsules among the pet’s food, or directly dropping the liquid products into the pet’s mouth.
Canna-Pet orders are usually processed within a day, but delivery times may vary. They are also largely influenced by where the order for the Canna-Pet product has been placed from.
Products from Canna-Pet are available for delivery around the world except for certain countries, such as Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia, all of which have strict CBD regulations in place and have been omitted from the list of available delivery locations.
The full-spectrum hemp extract used in formulating Canna-Pet products is typically sourced from Oregon, Colorado, Kentucky, and North Carolina. Canna-Pet’s product formulas emphasize whole-plant, full-spectrum CBD extracts to produce the maximum therapeutic effects for pets.
Canna-Pet biscuits for dogs are produced from organic ingredients without any wheat, corn, and soy, making them safe to consume for pets with allergies. Additionally, Canna-Pet products are devoid of active THC ingredients, thereby making them safe to use on pets.
That said, Canna-Pet products are mainly produced for use in dogs, cats, and horses, but they are equally safe to use for pets of different species and sizes.
The Canna-Pet website contains an instruction guide that shows pet parents exactly how to administer Canna-Pet products and the recommended dosages. The company’s website is a research-based treasure trove of information for pet parents looking to learn more about CBD treatment for their pets.
Orders are processed and delivered in a timely fashion, and customers can also take advantage of a refund policy to return products that don’t work for their pets.
How Long Does It Take For Canna-Pet To Work?
The effects of Canna-Pet products are swift and usually noticeable within 45 minutes after being used on a pet with intermittent health issues such as anxiety.
For pets with persistent health issues, the effects of using Canna-Pet CBD oil products usually take longer to kick in, and these effects are typically noticeable between hours to a few days after usage.
Suppose results still aren’t noticeable after one week of appropriately administering Canna-Pet oil to pets, customers can contact the Canna-Pet customer service either for guidance on the expected results or to return the product in question.
Do Vets Recommend Canna-Pet CBD Oil?
Canna-Pet CBD oil products are typically recommended and approved for use by vets in select states across the country, with a few handful veterinary clinics even offering Canna-Pet’s oils, capsules, and treats for sale. Regardless, it is advisable to consult with a vet before administering Canna-Pet’s CBD oil to your pet.
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, vets are generally prohibited from administering, dispensing, prescribing, or recommending the use of cannabis and related products on animals.
This is largely due to the dearth of true scientific data on the implications of the use of CBD oil for dogs. However, there is every possibility of this law changing in the future for the sake of the pets’ health.
How Much CBD Is In A Canna-Pet Biscuit?
According to information available on the Canna-Pet website, each of its CBD products has been extensively tested for potency, among other properties, to determine the cannabinoid content of the product in question.
That said, the final specifications of Canna-Pet hemp products, which are based on the results of clinical trials with the Clinical Pharmacology Department at Auburn University’s School of Veterinary Medicine, are summarized below:
- Canna-Pet Advanced Dog Biscuit: 2.4mg of CBD per serving and 91.2mg of CBD per box (unit size is one biscuit)
- Canna-Pet MaxCBD Biscuit: 8.4mg of CBD per serving and 319.2mg of CBD per box (unit size is one biscuit)
- Canna-Pet Small Capsules (30ct): 4.0mg of CBD per serving and 120.7mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is one capsule)
- Canna-Pet Small Capsules (60ct): 4.0mg of CBD per serving and 241.4mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is one capsule)
- Canna-Pet Large Capsules (30ct): 8.5mg of CBD per serving and 255.0mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is one capsule)
- Canna-Pet Large Capsules (60ct): 8.5mg of CBD per serving and 510.0mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is one capsule)
- Canna-Pet Max Capsules (10ct): 30.2mg of CBD per serving and 301.8mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is one capsule)
- Canna-Pet Max Capsules (30ct): 30.2mg of CBD per serving and 905.3mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is one capsule)
- Canna-Pet Max Liquid (10ml): Between 6.8 to 10.2mg of CBD per serving and 675.9mg of CBD per bottle (unit sizes vary between 0.1 to 0.15ml of Max Liquid)
- Canna-Pet Max Liquid (120ml): 34mg of CBD per serving and 811.0mg of CBD per bottle (unit size is 0.5ml of Max Liquid)
Who Is Canna-Pet For?
Canna-Pet offers a variety of products that are suitable for use in cats, dogs, and horses. CBD, contained in Canna-Pet products, is used to alleviate symptoms of pain, anxiety, and seizures that are typically observed in cats, dogs, and horses.
That said, Canna-Pet products are also suitable for use with other pets of different sizes, although it is strongly recommended to consult a vet before administration.
Canna-Pet CBD products for dogs are mostly available in the form of advanced small and large formula tablets, as well as MaxCBD products for pet parents that desire the highest, most effective, and safest levels of activated hemp extract for their pooches. Canna-Pet CBD treats, in the form of biscuits, are also available for dogs.
CBD products for cats are available as advanced small formula capsules containing a wide spectrum of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. And the Canna-Pet hemp CBD Liquid Max product is also available for use in horses.
Comparison: Canna-Pet VS Charlotte’s Web
Canna-Pet’s groundbreaking work in the field of pet CBD treatment has encouraged the development of companies looking to tap into the vast potential of the hemp treatment industry, and one other brand that can be regarded as a pioneer in the CBD industry is Charlotte’s Web.
Founded in 2013, Charlotte’s Web started out as a company with a mission to create whole-plant hemp supplements for humans, and along the way, the brand began to produce CBD oils for dogs.
The quality of Charlotte’s Web canine CBD oil is guaranteed by the fact that the company uses human-grade hemp to manufacture its products targeting dogs.
Additionally, Charlotte’s Web products, just like their Canna-Pet counterparts, typically undergo potency and purity tests to check for and eliminate heavy metals, residual solvents, and pesticides.
To assist you in making an informed decision on which CBD brand is best for your furry friend, we’ve summarized key similarities and differences between both the Canna-Pet and Charlotte’s Web brands below:
- Both Canna-Pet and Charlotte’s Web products contain minimal amounts of THC (less than 0.3%) that are safe for pets to consume.
- Both brands offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on some of their products.
- Canna-Pet and Charlotte’s Web both utilize a CO2 extraction process for manufacturing their products.
- Canna-Pet caters to a wide variety of pets, including cats, dogs, and horses, while Charlotte’s Web hemp extract drops are mainly intended to be used by dogs.
- Canna-Pet CBD products are available in different potencies, while Charlotte’s Web hemp extract for dogs is available in just one potency.
- Charlotte’s Web CBD oil for dogs is typically available in liquid form, as chews or balms; In contrast, Canna-Pet CBD products come as capsules, liquids, and treats.
- Charlotte’s Web products are manufactured with industrial hemp with organic practices on the company farms located across the United States. On the other hand, the hemp used in manufacturing Canna-Pet products is sourced from high-quality, third-party American farms.
How Much Is Canna-Pet?
Compared to other CBD products available on the market, prices of Canna-Pet products are on the high side, but this is to be expected considering the exceptional quality of these products.
Canna-Pet products vary widely, and the price of each product differs from the other. The list of products numbers in hundreds, and it’s impossible to include all products, along with their prices, in this article.
Consequently, we’ve collected some of the most popular Canna-Pet products from each category, and information on their prices can be found below:
Canna-Pet CBD For Dogs
- Advanced Formula Small Capsules – $29.99 for 30 capsules and $57.99 for 60 capsules
- Advanced Formula Large Capsules – $33.99 for 30 capsules and $64.99 for 60 capsules
- Advanced Max CBD – $39.99 for 10 capsules and $99.99 for 30 capsules
- Advanced Max CBD Liquid (10ml) – $79.99
- Canna-Biscuits for Dogs: Advanced Formula (Organic and Vegan Peanut, Butter, and Apple) – $16.99 per pack
- Canna-Biscuits for Dogs: Advanced Formula (Organic Turkey) – $16.99 per pack
- Canna-Biscuits for Dogs: Advanced Formula (Organic Maple Bacon) – $16.99 per pack
Canna-Pet CBD For Cats
- Advanced Formula Small Capsules – $29.99 for 30 capsules and $57.99 for 60 capsules
- Advanced MaxCBD Capsules – $39.99 for 10 capsules and $99.99 for 30 capsules
Canna-Pet CBD For Horses
- Advanced MaxCBD Liquid (120ml) – $799.99
To save money and get better deals, customers can also purchase any of the various Canna-Pet packages, typically consisting of a group of the best-selling Canna-Pet products.
NOTE: Prices provided in this section are correct at the time of writing this review article, but there’s every possibility of price changes in the future.
Canna-Pet Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
A product review isn’t complete without customer testimonials, and to further gauge the effectiveness of Canna-Pet CBD products in tackling pet anxiety, we combed through hundreds of customer feedback, and their reactions are summarized below.
The Canna-Pet website is host to well over a thousand testimonials, with the majority of the customers lauding the quality and effectiveness of the Canna-Pet products. An average rating of 4.9/5 stars from over 6,000 customer reviews available on the Canna-Pet site is a clear indicator of the quality of the products provided by this brand.
In the words of a satisfied fur parent, the “Canna-Pet Full Spectrum CBD supplements were of tremendous help to their pup, Jeremy, that had been diagnosed with hip dysplasia since he was a puppy.” Similarly, a pet parent remarked that “Canna-Pet capsules have helped their large senior dog stay limber and fit.”
Two users have gone onto Facebook to share positive reviews about the extension of their ailing dogs’ lives with the help of Canna-Pet’s products. One said that the treatment had helped with “reducing cancer tumors” and “giving her dog an appetite,” while the other claimed that the treatment had “dealt with several inevitable symptoms” of Cushing’s disease.
Negative reviews for Canna-Pet products are few and far between, but some disgruntled customers have bemoaned the “insufficient customer support service.” A pet owner also remarked that the “Canna-Pet treats were not soft enough for his pet with dental problems to comfortably chew.”
Is Canna-Pet Worth It?
Whether or not you’re an advocate of using hemp-based CBD products to treat medical conditions in pets, the efficiency of Canna-Pet products in relieving pet anxiety and dealing with other specified ailments is undeniable, and the thousands of positive customer feedback is clear proof of this.
The quality of Canna-Pet CBD products is guaranteed by the use of proprietary hemp extraction and formulation technology to create effective pet product solutions. Additionally, Canna-Pet products are created from organic ingredients that are safe for use on dogs.
The CBD oil used in formulating these products contains trace amounts of THC, thereby helping to prevent psychoactive effects on pets.
Surprisingly, the most noticeable red flag about Canna-Pet is the lack of a direct phone line to reach customer care support. And while the brand offers accurate dosing information and specific product recommendations to tackle ailments, the lack of test results from third-party labs casts doubts on the quality and safety of Canna-Pet products.
In conclusion, the Canna-Pet line of products is worth trying out, and we recommend that you get the appropriate Canna-Pet products if your furry friend is struggling with anxiety and other related health conditions.
Canna-Pet Promotions And Discounts
As a way of ensuring the continued welfare of pets, Canna-Pet offers a 50% product discount to animal rescue charities, fosters, and shelters across the United States.
Pet parents, who have shared their testimonials on the Canna-Pet website, are eligible for a 25% product discount and are further rewarded with a one-off 30% discount upon subscribing to the Canna-Pet newsletter.
First-time Canna-Pet customers can get 15% off their initial purchases by entering the discount code, ‘firstorder15’. And signing up for the Canna-Pet subscription service for auto-shipping of products comes with a 10% discount on the regular prices of Canna-Pet products.
Regarding orders delivered to locations within the United States, they are eligible for free shipping via US Postal Service. In addition, Canna-Pet offers its customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on purchased items, although this is only valid for the first purchase.
Where To Buy Canna-Pet
To buy any of the Canna-Pet products, pet parents simply have to access the company’s website. On the home page, click on the ‘shop’ option to reveal a drawdown menu that contains various product categories.
Customers can then proceed to click on the desired product category, add the product(s) of their choice to the cart, and then proceed to checkout. Apart from purchasing products one time, customers can also subscribe to monthly or bi-weekly Canna-Pet product shipments.
Alternatively, Canna-Pet products are available for sale at local retailers and veterinarians in select states. That said, the Canna-Pet website contains a comprehensive list of partner retailers and local vets across the country where their CBD products can be purchased.
Is Canna-Pet Safe For Pets With Food Allergies?
Canna-Pet products are free of animal products, preservatives, wheat, sugar, and dairy. Therefore, they are mostly safe for pets with food allergies to consume.
Do Canna-Pet Products Make Pets High?
Canna-Pet products are not psychoactive, and as a result, they don’t get pets high after use. That said, pet owners may observe their furry friends acting with a bit more enthusiasm after the use of Canna-Pet products, but this doesn’t mean that the pet in question is high.
Are Canna-Pet Products Available For International Shipping?
Canna-Pet products are available for shipping around the world with only five exceptions – South Korea, Australia, Canada, Singapore, and New Zealand. That said, each international order is typically accompanied by a customs declaration letter to ensure that there are no issues with delivery.
How To Contact Canna-Pet
For enquiries unrelated to this Canna-Pet review, you can contact the company via:
Email address: email@example.com
Social media platforms: