Whether for aesthetic or protective purposes, there are different types of dog clothes for your beloved pooch. Need a winter outfit for dear Fido? Perhaps some kind of a shedding-control vest? Or what about a post-surgery protection? There are dozens of options for your pup!
For instance, a dog anxiety jacket can help comfort your pooch from external triggers. There’s also a post-surgery recovery suit that prevents your pooch from licking his wound. And of course, every pup needs a fun costume for the holidays. The list goes on!
So if you’re a pup parent in search of the perfect – and functional – clothing for your canine, this list is for you. Here are 18 types of dog clothes that rightfully belong in your pet’s wardrobe closet.
18. Dog Anxiety Jacket
- HELPING MILLIONS OF DOGS: With over an 80% success rate, ThunderShirt is recommended by thousands of vets, trainers, and...
- ORIGINAL DOG CALMING WRAP: The patented ThunderShirt design applies gentle, constant pressure to calm anxiety, fear, and...
- DRUG-FREE CALMING: Effectively eases anxieties during fireworks, thunder, separation, travel, vet visits, and much more...
We recommend: Thundershirt Classic Dog Anxiety Jacket
Does your dog get anxious and fearful when out and about? A dog anxiety jacket may just be the thing for your pet. It helps to calm your dog by providing constant and gentle pressure on his body. This works during travel and when your pooch is exposed to various environmental triggers.
Help your pooch feel more at ease outside and let him enjoy himself more with a calming jacket. It’s cozy, comfy and perfectly calming in a completely natural and effective way.
17. Dog Post Surgery Surgery Recovery Suit
We recommend: HEYWEAN Dog Surgical Recovery Suit
Looking for a more comfortable alternative to a traditional Elizabethan collar? A post-surgery recovery suit is a smart choice for fur parents. This works just as great as a collar by preventing your pooch from licking his wound.
A recovery suit is a versatile type of clothing. It prevents your pup from itching and scratching, and it works for road rash and hot spots, too. A truly functional item worth investing in for a quicker, healthier recovery.
16. Dog Sweater
- 【 AWARD WINNING BRAND 】America's Best Petcare Brands 2022 & 2021 Award by Newsweek Magazine and Statista
- 【 SIZE 】Back Length 22", Chest Girth 30.25"-33", Neck 21"; Measure your dog from the base of the neck to the base of...
- 【 MATERIAL 】Made of soft and comfortable 100% acrylic material
We recommend: Vintage Holiday Reindeer Dog Sweaters
Cool and classy, that’s what your canine’s going to be while donning a fancy dog sweater. But don’t just get him any sweater… Make sure it’s a cozy and sturdy one. For instance, acrylic is a fine choice of material as it’s durable and comfy at the same time.
You should also check the design carefully. A reasonable size of hole for the leash or harness makes things easy when you leash up your pooch. And of course, cute prints all over the sweater lets your four-legged friend strut his stuff in style.
15. Dog Parka
- The Classic Metallic Winter Dog Coats features High-Grade 3M Thinsulate Insulation Technology for exceptional Warmth and...
- This Dog Jacket features a Water-Resistant Polyester Exterior Shell and Inner-Lined with Polar Fleece for added warmth...
- Zippered Faux-Fur Removable Hood, track zippers roll off smoothly and effortlessly in a matter of seconds
We recommend: Metallic Fashion Pet Parka Coat
When the weather is chilly, a dog parka should keep your pooch nice and warm. It’s even better with a fleece material on it combined with a plush lining. These features keep your canine plenty cozy all the time.
Want some added protection from the cold? Consider getting a parka with a zippered hood. You can walk in the cold weather with your pooch without causing him to freeze. Lastly, never underestimate the beauty of a Velcro closure. This makes putting the jacket on and taking it off your pooch struggle-free. Easy-peasy!
14. Dog Windbreaker
- Includes a large half collar and harness hole
- 0g: This deluxe lightweight coat will keep your dog warm and cozy during most fall/autumn days
- Waterproof: Made with a 420 denier showerproof outer shell to ensure your dog stays dry
We recommend: Weatherbeeta Windbreaker 420D Deluxe Lite Dog Coat
Perfect for fall, winter, and just about anytime it’s cool outside, your pup will feel warm in a classic windbreaker. Make sure it’s waterproof, too, which is great for walking in the rain or snow. All of these, combined with a breathable outer shell, this should help wick away moisture.
Want it tight or loose? Consider getting an adjustable design for a windbreaker. We recommend a full belly wrap that you can tighten or loosen if need be. This should be great for cooler months when your canine needs extra warmth.
13. Dog Reflective Jacket
We recommend: Pet & Protect Premium Dog Reflective Vest
Planning to walk your dog at night? Be sure to put a reflective vest on to your pooch before you head out. A reflective jacket adds visibility to your pet when you’re out and about at dark or low-light environments. Great design options include something neon or bright for the trimming, so your pup would be impossible to miss.
Next up, think about the material. Check for durability, which is what you can get from Oxford fabric combined with PU coating. Since these materials are water-repellent, it should keep dear Fido dry and cozy, too!
12. Dog Waterproof Jacket
We recommend: Tellpet Dog Fleece Jacket
Cold weather, no problem! A cozy, waterproof dog jacket will make sure no frigid weather can ever cramp your canine’s style. It’s a must-have for those cold months when you want to go on an adventure or walk your pooch outside.
But don’t just get any jacket – make sure it’s got the right features, too. Just a few of these essential features include fleece lining, reflective trimming, and an adjustable closure for your dog’s ease and comfort.
11. Dog Raincoat
- EASY TO TAKE ON AND OFF - Zipper design from neck to belly and highly adjustable belly strap design to keep dog safe and...
- HIGHLY WATERPROOF - The dog raincoat with hood & Transparent Brim, Transparent Brim will not block the view.and the...
- REFLECTIVE STRIP DESIGN - Added reflective strip,provides extra visibility in the rain pets and even can be seen at...
We recommend: okdeals Dog Raincoat
Who says only humans need a raincoat? Dogs could use one, too! With a waterproof coat, you and your pooch can head out even when it’s pouring outside – and stay nice and dry!
Choose a raincoat that does more than basic rain protection. A reflective strip on the edges is perfect for boosting visibility at night. And you may want to get a zippered design to adjust the tightness of the coat in seconds. This makes things more convenient for you and your pooch.
10. Dog Winter Coat
- 【HIGH QUALITY THICKEN FABRIC MACHINE WASHABLE】The dog outfits are made of premium thicken polar fleece composition,...
- 【HIGH COLLAR DESIGN AND MAGIC STRIP】The high collar makes additional weather protection when the strong wind kicks...
- 【REFLECTIVE STRIPES AND IPX 5 WATERPROOF MATERIAL】Dog winter coats concluding new upgrade bright reflective stripes,...
We recommend: SCPET Dog Winter Coat Cozy Waterproof Windproof Vest
Enjoy the cool weather with your pooch by giving him a custom-fit winter coat. If your pooch gets cold easily, it should help keep him cozy and warm even when out and about.
Consider getting a winter coat with these essential features – waterproof design, soft lining, and a reflective stitching. Not only do these features add to the aesthetic of the coat; but these also serve a purpose of keeping your dog warm, secure and safe.
9. Dog Snowsuit
- Full bodied Outer shell features a remarkable heating system that is waterproof and windproof
- Inner-Layer features very thick anti-static fleece and outer-lined with 3m reflective technology
- Can withstand hurricane force winds and the most extreme weather conditions and frigid temperatures
Let your pet romp around in the snow or join you in adventures while in a comfy snowsuit. A good snowsuit for dogs should be windproof and waterproof. Combined with a thick lining and a rugged outer layer, this should withstand harsh weather conditions and subzero temps.
Don’t forget to get one with a zipper closure. This makes it easy for you to put this snowsuit on your pooch and take it off. Plus, it prevents you from accidentally pulling your canine’s hair.
8. Dog Insect-Repellant Coat
We recommend: Insect Shield Insect Repellant Breathable Mesh Tank
Keep those pesky bugs at bay with an insect protection coat for your pooch. If you are going hiking or camping with precious Fido, this is a fine piece of dog clothing to get. It protects your pet against mosquitoes, ticks, and several other insects in the wild.
With a dependable insect shield, your pup stays comfortable all the time. It can also prevent nasty diseases or discomfort that these bugs can bring.
7. Dog Cooling Coat
- Long Lasting, Cool And Comfortable: Simply wet, wring and then fit the multi-layer cooling jacket to your pup. The...
- Cool in Summer or Warm in Fall/Winter: The triple layers include a middle insulation layer which provides light warmth...
- Easily adjustable sizing for doggos of all sizes and shapes: This versatile summer or winter dog jacket comes in Extra...
We recommend: DOGZSTUFF Dog Cooling Vest
If it’s sweltering hot outside, a cooling coat is a must-have for your pet. The tech behind it is simple – wet the vest and fit it on your dog. Then, this immediately absorbs and pulls out excess heat off of your pooch, so he stays cool.
Be sure to check some other cool features such as a breathable material and a sun protection. These are all perfect for a hike in the summer or a play date at the park when it’s hot and humid.
6. Dog Hoodie
- Size Medium, fits 12" back, 16" chest. Recommended for Bichon, Fox Terrier, Jack Russel, Scottie
- Backside & Chest: 95% Polyester, 5% spandex. Hood and Sleeve: 100% Cotton. Breathable, stretchy, and comfortable.
- Easy on and off in pullover style
We recommend: Fitwarm Pet Clothes Dog Hoodies
Go matchy-matchy with your pooch while donning a super cool hoodie. It’s excellent to wear on cooler months or just when you want to go out in style with your furry pal. And best of all – there are various designs to choose from. The sky’s the limit for a dog hoodie design!
We recommend that you get a breathable and stretchy material as these add to your dog’s comfort while in a hoodie. A pullover style makes things easy, as well as elastic leg openings for maximum comfort.
5. Dog Fleece Vest
- Keep your dog warm all winter long - When the cold weather hits, make sure your dog isn’t shivering and stays warm...
- Super Stretchy Fleece Fits Dogs 100+ lbs. - Imagine this your outside it’s snowing and freezing and your dog HAS to...
- Style Meets Functionality - This isn’t your typical Gooby strech fleece vest for dogs or cats. Choose from over 15...
Never let your canine shiver when romping around on the cold weather. A dog fleece vest keeps the cold and moisture out and locks the warmth in. Thus, it is a perfect protection for your pooch during the freezing climate.
Another feature to check is the design. You should consider a pullover style that lets you take it off or put the vest on to your pooch. Since there are no zippers or Velcro, you can easily slip it on or off with ease and zero struggle.
4. Dog UV Protection Shirt
- ULTIMATE UV PROTECTION: Safeguard man’s best friend when dressing him in this sun shield dog tee that blocks over 98%...
- PET ANXIETY RELIEF: Keep your pet calm, comfortable and relaxed with this easy to fit and practical sun shield tee.
- MADE WITH RECYCLED MATERIALS: Go green when outfitting your small breed puppy or large dog in this sun shield dog tee...
We recommend: Gold Paw Sun Shield Dog Tee
Certain breeds like the Chinese Crested and other hairless or super short haired dogs need excellent protection from the sun. So, if you’ve got such a pooch, then you need to give him a sun protection shirt.
With a superb UV protection shield, you can walk or play with your pooch under the sun without any problem. Additionally, it can help with pet relief by adding a sense of comfort to your precious furry buddy.
3. Dog Costumes
- SANTA DOG COSTUMES :Dressing up your pet puppy cat with this cute dog Christmas holiday outfit in Christmas season, your...
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL:The Dog saddle costume made of breathable,soft and skin-friendly cotton and polyester fiber,they...
- CONVENIENT & ADJUSTABLE: Design of saddle shaped clothes,can fit most sizes pets,easier to wear for your furry...
We recommend: Kyerivs Dog Christmas Costume
Dress your pooch up with a fun costume during parties or just about any time you want. These dog costumes add an element of cuteness to your dog while providing the comfort he needs.
Great for photo shoots, play dates, and outdoor adventures, there are plenty of dog costume designs to choose from. Just make sure it fits well and comes with a soft and breathable material for optimum ease and comfort.
2. Dog Pullover Pajamas
- UNLIKE OTHER BRANDS Tooth & Honey designs original clothing specifically for REAL pit bull type dogs. Our fit is custom...
- AMAZING FIT, soft, thoughtfully designed & high quality fabrics make our pajamas so cozy. Great for surgery recovery,...
- WE GIVE BACK to animal rescues and shelters. Every purchase helps dogs in need. We donate boxes of clothing and...
We recommend: Tooth and Honey Pitbull Pajamas
Give your pooch a cozier snoozing experience with dog pullover pajamas. With great-fitting PJs that’s ultra soft, comfy, and warm – it’s the perfect combo during those chilly nights. But that’s not all – PJs also help with shedding, anxiety, surgery recovery, and so much more!
So not only are Pajamas cozy; then also support your pooch who’s going through a tough time. It hits two birds in one stone for sure!
1. Dog Onesie
- Contains Shedding: The patent pending Shed Defender bodysuit is a dog onesie that contains the dog’s hair within the...
- Reduces Anxiety: The dog onesie’s snug fit applies gentle pressure, making dogs feel more calm, confident and secure....
- Dog Recovery Suit: The jumpsuit can be used to replace the bulky, uncomfortable medical cone, E-collar; covers hot...
We recommend: Shed Defender Original Dog Onesie
Do you wish you could get your pup’s shedding under control? If you’re a busy folk who has no time to clean up dog hair every now and then, it’s time to get your pooch to suit up! A dog onesie is a miracle shedding controller.
With a dog onesie, this keeps all that hair right inside the suit, so your couch, rug, and literally every single thing at home is spared from pup hair. Plus, it’s comfy for your pooch, so it won’t be a struggle to get him in it. Now, that’s a win-win!
Should Dogs Wear Clothes? Dogs should only wear clothes when it is absolutely necessary. If your dog gets cold easily, you should give him a coat or vest before heading out. However, they should not wear thick clothing when inside the house to prevent them from overheating.
Do Dogs Like Clothes On Them? Overall, dogs are not a huge fan of wearing clothes on them. While some owners prefer to put costumes and clothes onto their dogs, these canines are not exactly thrilled about dressing up. But functional clothing during extreme weather can help to keep your pooch warm and dry, so these are a good choice when absolutely necessary.
Why Doesn’t My Dog Move When I Put Clothes On Her? Dogs find it unnatural to wear clothes, which causes them to not move and be still when you put them on. However, they can get used to clothes but expect the first few occasions to be uneasy for your canine. Thus, be sure to give comfortable and well-fitting clothes that are easy to take off and put on.