The best automatic fetch machine for dogs is iFetch Interactive Ball Launcher for Dogs.
Any vet or pet specialist would advise you to make time to play with your dogs and you know how much dogs love playing fetch. Having time to play fetch with your dog is an important factor that improves their growth and social development, it’s just as important as their health and hygiene.
Your dog should never miss playtime. Experts would recommend a couple of hours a week of fun time to help your dog with its development. There might be situations where you won’t have that much time to spend playing around, but who says you can’t get some work done while simultaneously letting your pet get its fair share of fun.
Also, Throwing a ball around for your dog to play fetch with might get problematic for your shoulders, especially if you have an injury history. That’s exactly where these best automatic fetch machines for dogs come into play. They offer you an alternate option that’s fun and a lot less stressful and we’re here to review 7 of them. You’ll want to read every bit of this.
#1 iFetch Too Interactive Ball Thrower For Dogs
- Interactive, on demand ball launcher that lets dogs play fetch to their hearts' content
- Runs on a built-in, rechargeable battery
- Comes with three 3 non-abrasive, pet-safe tennis balls
In a simple sentence, I’ll tell you why you’re going to like iFetch Too – it’s dynamic. With this machine, you can teach your dog to play on its own or you can be there to make the experience more memorable. It comes in two different sizes; one for small dogs and the other for medium and big dogs. It can also be used with the standard tennis balls and even comes with three free branded tennis-sized balls of its own.
This product can be used both indoors and outdoors. It has three settings that determine the range with which the ball will be projected into the air. The first setting ensures that it can be used in the house without causing any damage. It’s rechargeable and on a full charge will launch the ball about 300 times, which means your dog can play for hours. The smaller version of the machine also comes with the option of dry cell battery use.
This brand of fetch machine was the first to revolutionalize the way dog owners played fetch with their pets. And this machine is a product of years of research and improvements made on previously existing ones, which makes it a great product for you and your dog to use.
- Based on your pup’s size, you can opt for one of its two size options, Small and Large, each of which comes with 3 matching balls.
- Depending on the ball size and whether it is being used indoors or outdoors, the iFetch Too is capable of launching at great distances between 10 and 40 feet with the help of a distance launcher.
- Its rechargeable battery allows up to 300 ball launches in a single charge, perfect for creating awesome playtime for hours.
- The device employs a sleek, modern design such that it can fit in a range of aesthetics found in most home décors.
- Dog owners can have peace of mind while purchasing the launcher, knowing that it comes with a 1-year warranty and readily available customer support.
- Its Small size launcher can cause injuries to smaller dogs upon impact at close range due to the launching force.
- Puppies with chewing tendencies tend to damage and wear out the external parts of the launcher, especially when they are trained to operate the ball launcher by themselves.
#2 iFetch Frenzy Fetch Toy For Dogs
- BRAIN GAME: The iFetch Frenzy is not a launcher; it's a game. Your pup drops the ball into the top and scrambles to find...
- MINI TENNIS BALLS: Comes with 3 non-abrasive miniature tennis balls (1.5" diameter) and a hidden ball storage...
- NO DIETING NECESSARY: The Frenzy is the only brain game that does not use a treat as a reward – the ball is the...
This brand will be perfect for you if you have a small dog that loves playing around your home. The iFetch Frenzy comes with three branded small-sized tennis balls that can be conveniently stored under the machine itself. It has one inlet where the tennis ball goes in and three different outlets where the ball may come out. This fetch machine is designed to provide much more fun for your furry friends with an increase in suspense.
Because of the way this product is made to function, it is best used in the house within an area of tiled or wooden flooring. When you slide a ball into this toy, it rolls out of one of the three outlets with just enough speed to have your little pooch excited enough to run after it. With proper training, you can have your dog playing fetch on its own while freeing up your time. And the best part is that this 3-pound toy comes at a very affordable price less than $50.
This product is not only ideal because of its price. It doesn’t come with batteries, which means it can be used at any time without having to worry about a source of power. It’s a contraption that will keep your small-sized dogs engaged for hours on end and give you the chance to do whatever you want.
- Employs a unique game design, in which the dog drops the ball from the top and tries to figure out which of the three chutes it will exit from.
- Trained pups do not need human supervision while playing with the toy.
- Does not need batteries or an external power source to operate, cutting down the e-waste generated from battery replacement and AC adapters.
- The iFetch Frenzy features great ease of portability as it is very compact in size and does not require an external AC adaptor.
- Each purchase comes with 3 small balls measuring 1.5 inches in diameter, and the device has a hidden storage compartment at the bottom to keep these balls from getting lost.
- Not suitable for large dogs as the risk of choking on the small-sized balls is exigent.
- It is not considered a conventional launcher because the balls simply roll out on the ground at a low speed.
#3 Franklin Sports MLB Electronic Baseball Pitching Machine
- 7 second pitches: This electronic pitching machine for kids is a great way to encourage them to practice their batting...
- Flashing indicator: A flashing red indicator light shows when the ball pitches, making it easy to prepare in your...
- Height adjustment: The height of this baseball pitching machine is adjustable, making it a great option for developing...
I know what you’re thinking. “But this is a baseball pitching machine, what’s it doing on this list”? But here’s the deal, why limit the use of such a wonderful machine when it can serve the same purpose you want it to? This machine comes with 6 plastic balls, more than enough for your dog to play with.
It has a dimension of 7.75 inches long by 9.5 inches wide by 9.87 inches tall, making it a portable choice for comfort. It’s best suited for use outdoors and can project balls long distances for your dog’s maximum enjoyment. Its height can be adjusted, and so can the speed and angles with which the balls can be projected. It even has a light indicator so you will know when the balls are about to come out.
This machine is an excellent choice for your dog. The way it’s designed to work, it shoots out each ball at intervals of 7 seconds. This gives your pooch the chance to have fun and stay occupied.
- This launcher is designed for use by kids and pups both as a pitching machine and a pup ball launcher with a launch rate of 7 seconds.
- Comes with 6 plastic balls that are uniquely designed for this launcher, and the ball chute can hold up to 9 balls.
- Thanks to the 3-angle adjustment feature, the launch height is adjustable to provide a challenge for both dog owners and dogs.
- The red light indicator on the pitching machine will flash to indicate its next ball launch, helpful for users to prepare for the launch.
- As approved by the Major League Baseball with its official logo on the machine, this product is the ideal product for MLB fans and their pet dogs.
- Requires six D batteries to operate, of which are sold separately and require periodic replacement.
- Despite configuring the desired height settings, the ball launch is not always accurate, causing the balls to land all over the place and a messy situation to be in.
#4 IDOGMATE Interactive Ball Launcher For Dogs
- 🐶Made for small Dogs and Puppies-- ball thrower for dogs is made for medium Dogs and Puppies under 14Kgs(30Lb),...
- 🐶DISTANCE:DISTANCE: Several speed options , Random Distance Setting Available. Interactive, on demand ball launcher...
- 🐶Reduce the noise and not jammed easily：Durable, arced wheels to prevent a wet or slobbery ball from being stuck...
This brand of dog fetch machine comes in two different variants; one for the 1.5-inch tennis balls and the other one for the 2.5-inch tennis balls. Both the versions can project the tennis balls in any of the four distances set to. It also has an extra setting which lets it picks at random any of the distances to propel the ball. This product is suitable for use both indoors and outdoors.
The small version of this product comes with 1.5-inch balls while the larger one comes with two types of balls, the small-sized and regular-sized tennis balls for small, medium, and large-sized dogs respectively. The machine even comes with a remote control for added convenience. So you can sit inside your home and still use the machine outside if you want.
The launcher from IDOGMATE has varieties that are suitable for any size of dogs you might have. It’s very easy and safe to use and because of that, it encourages a fun time with your furry friend whether you’re inside or outside.
- Perfect for small and medium pups of up to 30 lbs and comes with 3 tennis balls.
- Operates either with an AC adapter or rechargeable battery which offers up to 250 launches with a single charge and also has a built-in sleep mode to save power.
- Has not only 4 distance settings between 10 and 35 feet but also allows for variable settings to pose a great challenge for dogs.
- The launcher’s design comes with two handles for easy movement and a compartment for ball storage.
- The device can be operated using a remote control, so you don’t have to be physically next to it to tune its launch settings.
- The device may need to be anchored down as it does not stay in place when turned on.
- This device is not suitable for large dogs or aggressive chewers because you may need to replace its balls on a regular basis.
#5 Franklin Pet Supply Ready Set Fetch Launcher
- READY SET FETCH: This automatic tennis ball launcher is built to provide your dog with continuous interactive play even...
- POWER ADAPTER INCLUDED: Play with no end in sight. No batteries needed, just plug and play! This launcher also features...
- SAFETY: When the ball is preparing to fire there is a safety alert buzzer to let your pet know the ball is about to...
One thing I ensure you will enjoy about this brand of dog launchers is its simplicity. It’s designed is such a way that makes it simple and efficient in ensuring your pooch gets the best playing experience. It has retractable legs that help set the height of the machine and hence the height the balls can reach in the air.
With a knob on its side, you have the flexibility of setting the distance you want the ball to get to, up to 40 feet. It’s a rechargeable set but also has the option to be used with 8 D-cell batteries so a power source is the least of your worries.
The way this brand of machine is setup makes it really easy to be operated. It can even be used with all types of standard-sized tennis balls. You can also set the angle at which the ball comes out of the machine.
- Comes with a battery compartment to accommodate eight D batteries so that it can be deployed outdoors or in remote locations like a dog park.
- Has configurations for three launch angles and adjustable launch distances between 10 and 40 feet, making it an ideal challenging launcher for dogs of all sizes.
- Easy to use as it comes fully assembled and has an internal launch mechanism with an optional warning sound before it launches.
- Comes with one tennis ball and can accommodate any type of tennis ball available.
- The device does not launch balls if they are wet or dirty; hence, it does not work well if your dog happens to be a breed that drools a lot.
- Its motor can generate some level of noise when used indoors.
#6 PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher
- Automatic Ball Launcher plays fetch with your dog; interactive features aid in training
- Pet receives plenty of exercise chasing launches between 8-30 feet; 9 settings; 6 angle settings
- Multiple safety sensors keep people and pets safe; MOTION SENSOR on the front protects dogs and people from launched...
Like other machines, this one has the capability of allowing you set the distance and angle with which the ball is propelled. However, it has some unique features you will definitely like. For safety purposes, it has a sensor in front of it which prevents the launch of the ball when it notices an “obstacle” in the ball’s path.
This machine is setup to create a rest period for your dog. After 15 minutes of functioning, it goes into sleep mode to allow your dog rest and recoup its energy. It comes with a rechargeable battery and also has the option of use with dry cell batteries.
This brand of fetch machines is particular about safety and this product is one of the few on the market that is designed with a sensor. This dog toy also fosters easier machine-dog communication with the tones it produces when your dog plays with it.
- The device operates with either an AC adapter or six D batteries such that it can be deployed almost anywhere.
- With a configuration of 9 distance settings, 6 angle settings, and various tones, this ball launcher from PetSafe is perhaps an ideal fitness device for training and stimulating your pup.
- Has integrated a 15-minute rest setting to stop your pup from overusing the launcher, letting it understand that it’s time to rest.
- Employs a motion sensor that detects nearby pets or people within 7 feet of the launcher, at which it pauses the launch for 5 seconds as a safety feature against accidental launches.
- Comes with two tennis balls and can be used indoors or outdoors.
- The device may not be ideal for large dogs as its maximum launch distance of 30 feet is not considerably far for them.
- Not advisable for pups with anxiety issues because of the noise generated when switched on and the displacement of the launcher while operating.
Best Automatic Fetch Machines Buyer’s Guide
You know how important it is for your dog to have an automatic fetch machine. Now you’re interested in getting one because you’re aware of the benefits it brings you and your furry friend. But you can’t just go to the nearest pet supply store and pick one up. There are certain things you need to be informed about before making the right choice. We’re here to talk about those things so you won’t have any regrets later.
The Size Of Your Dog
Not a lot of people know this but it’s a very important factor to consider, especially for safety reasons. A lot of fetch machines are usually small-sized and they function with mini-sized golf balls which are about 1.5 inches in diameter. If you have, for example, a German Shepherd like what the 46th POTUS has, you may want to stay away from any type of machine that works only with small ball sizings, as these ball sizes can seriously pose a choking hazard for your big dog.
In contrast, if you have a small dog and buy a fetch machine that works only with big balls, your little Chihuahua will find it relatively hard to have a fun time grabbing a 2.5inch tennis ball with its mouth.
Multiple Settings For Distances And Angles
I’m sure you want your dog to have as much fun as possible while playing fetch, right? So you will definitely want to buy a product that makes the experience a lot more dynamic. One of the best ways to do this is by choosing a product that has a wide range of options when it comes to propelling the ball. There are products that launch balls at varying angles, distances, and heights. And these are the options you should be looking at.
Nobody wants to get hurt while having fun, and I’m sure you don’t want that for your dogs as well. That’s why you can do your best to prevent accidents from happening by choosing a product that will ensure the safety of anyone who uses it. There are fetch machines that have sensors to prevent accidents from happening while playing. If you’re particularly concerned about the state of your pooch, getting one of these types will be of the greatest benefit.
Ease Of Use
Getting your dog used to playing with a machine isn’t so easy. It takes a lot of practice for your furry friends to finally wrap their heads around its functionality. But the good news is, some of these machines take into consideration this factor and help make the job easier. Some of these toys have features such as various sounds they make or the design of their hopper to make your dog’s experience easier.
You want the best for your dog because you love it. You want to ensure that when you pick out a fetch machine, you pick one that suits its every need.
With all the options you have to choose from, it can become very confusing but that’s why we have the buyer’s guide to put you through in making the right choice. However, we’ll like to recommend our top pick as this is the best option available in the market right now.