The best dry shampoo for dogs is Paw Choice Dry Dog Shampoo.
You know the importance of taking a bath from time to time, don’t you? It helps you get rid of all the dirt and muck that your skin might be carrying, keeps germs at bay, and also prevents that foul smell that comes as a result of the accumulation of layers of sweat. Just as you need to keep your body tidy, your dogs need this too.
As rampant as they may be, if you’ve ever tried using any type of liquid or bar soaps to bathe your dog, then you would also know the challenges that come with it. Asides from the fact it’s really hard to get the soap to seep past the thick coating of your pooch and unto their skin, there’s also the challenge of using so much water to wash it off afterward. Not to mention the feeling of uneasiness that comes with seeing so much dog hair on a bar of soap.
Dry shampoos are the future of dog grooming. These types of shampoos are advantageous in the sense that they save you time and prevent the waste of water. And the results they provide are just as good as, if not better, than when you use a regular type of soap/shampoo. And we’ll be taking a look at the best dry shampoos for dogs the market has to offer you.
#1 Paw Choice Naturals Waterless Dog Mousse Shampoo
- NATURAL COCONUT DERIVED FORMULA. Our dry shampoo for dogs is mild, safe and good for sensitive skin. No harsh chemicals...
- CAN’T DO A FULL BATH? USE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Quick, easy and perfect for between baths, active or smelly dogs,...
- BETTER THAN WIPES AND SPRAYS. More economical and environmentally friendly than wipes and isn't a scary spray bottle....
This product is a naturally formulated shampoo made from coconut oil. It’s great for use for your dog even if it has sensitive skin because it has a gentle action that works wonders even on your dog’s fur. This product is made in the USA and was recently named ahead of other products listed as the Top Pet Odor Eliminators in the Canine Journal. This product comes in one of two scents – Lavender Chamomile and Mango Pomegranate.
Using this product is very easy. All you have to do is spray a bit of the mousse-like substance on the portion of your dog you want to clean, rub it in with a massage, and then you can either air-dry or towel-dry. It will interest you to know that this shampoo doesn’t just mask bad odors as colognes do. It gets to the root of where these odors are and fights it from there.
This product gets rid of the bad odor and cleans out your dog’s coat without damaging the essential oils needed for its nourishment. It’s an easy-to-use product and saves a lot of time, energy, and even water. Using this product doesn’t leave your dog’s coat sticky or greasy.
- It’s a waterless foam shampoo
- It’s easy to use on your dog
- It fights odors, cleans and conditions coat
- Made in the USA without harsh ingredients
#2 Burt’s Bees All Natural Waterless Shampoo Spray For Dogs
- DON'T HAVE TIME OR SPACE TO BATHE YOUR DOG? This no rinse dog shampoo is perfect for quick refreshes between baths or...
- No. 1 PET GROOMING BRAND IN THE USA* - Join the millions of pet parents who can't get enough of Burt's Bees for Pets by...
- MADE WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY 99.7% NATURAL INGREDIENTS -Burt's Bees dog spray is formulated with 99.7% natural...
This brand of shampoo also requires no rinsing when used. It is free of sulfates and any form of colorant and is made with naturally occurring ingredients, apples, and honey. It’s formulated with a balanced pH which means it works perfectly for dogs that have sensitive skin.
It removes odors, moisturizes the skin, gives your dog’s coat a distinct shine, and strengthens its hair follicles without the risk of drying out the structure of its hair. It comes in a bottle with a spray mechanism which makes it very simple to use. Just spray the liquid content on the area of your dog from behind its ears to prevent trace amounts from getting into its eyes. Then massage into its coat and then towel dry. The best part of this product is that you can get it for far less than $10.
The main ingredients in this brand have specific functions that are extremely beneficial to your dog – they regulate and retain moisture in its hair and strengthen hair follicles for healthy growth. This product is great for spot cleaning and muddy paws. It’s a product that provides quality results without putting a strain on your pockets.
- Made from naturally occurring ingredients
- It’s formulated to be pH-balanced.
- It’s an easy-to-use product
- Made with 97% natural products
#3 Wahl Deodorizing And Refreshing Pet Deodorant For Dogs
- Made in the USA - Our eucalyptus & spearmint plant derived pet deodorant is pH balanced, alcohol free and paraben free...
- Deodorizing & Refreshing Formula – This eucalyptus & spearmint scented animal deodorant is great for deodorizing and...
- Quick & Easy – Simply spray our doggie deodorant on any pet that needs a refresh between baths, and it will help...
You must have heard about the company Wahl before, right? It’s a company that has been in service for over 50 years and has ample experience with grooming practices. They manufactured this product specifically for pet owners who want to keep their dogs clean and smelling fresh in between lengthy routine baths.
Although not an adequate substitute for bathing your dog, this product will clean your dog’s coat, eliminate odors and moisturize its skin. It’s made from plant-based ingredients and has no alcohol or paraben. It has a balanced pH for dogs with sensitive skin. It’s also an easy product to use as it comes in a spray-enabled plastic container.
This product is free of substances like paraben and alcohol, which are harmful to your dog. Instead, it’s made with natural plant-based ingredients that are beneficial to the health of your furry friend.
- It’s quick and easy to use
- Made from ingredients like Eucalyptus and Spearmint
- Made in the USA
#4 Lillian Ruff Waterless Dog Shampoo
- Daily Pet Care - Washing your pet doesn’t have to be a chore. The Spruce’s Waterless Pet Wash is made from carefully...
- Cleaning & Moisturizing - Now more than ever make sure your pet is clean. Ideal for cleansing and conditioning pet’s...
- Waterless Pet Wash - Despite our best efforts to make bathtime fun, our pets don’t always love to hop in the tub. The...
Your dog doesn’t need to have a bath every week, but it does need to stay clean and smell fresh regardless. That’s where this product comes to play. It’s formulated to keep your dog looking and smelling great in between baths. This product comes in an easy-to-use spray bottle and, unlike other products, doesn’t need to be wiped off when sprayed.
This waterless shampoo is made with ingredients like lavender and coconut oil, which are naturally known and used for repelling fleas and ticks. It even contains aloe, which provides adequate moisturizing for your dog’s skin and coat.
This product gives off a lasting fresh smell when used on your pooch. It also ensures your dog maintains a clean and healthy body between its routine baths. It’s effective in keeping some parasites away from your dog’s coat and skin.
- Maintains freshness and cleanliness of your dog
- Prevents ticks/fleas from your dog’s coat
- Effectively moisturized your dog’s coat and skin
#5 Bodhi Dog New Waterless Shampoo
- FAST YET EFFECTIVE CLEAN: No time for a bath? No problem! Our waterless shampoo gets pets clean quickly, leaving fur...
- FORMULATED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Our dry pet shampoo is extremely gentle making it an excellent shampoo for animals with...
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE QUALITY: Our Lavender Waterless Shampoo offers safe professional quality for dogs, cats, puppies,...
This brand of dry shampoo comes in two scents; lemongrass and lavender. If you’re interested in making your pet’s coat soft and maintaining its shine, you should consider the Bodhi Dog Shampoo. Its gentle formula is perfect for spot cleaning and is formulated to work excellently well with dogs that have skin sensitivity issues.
This brand of shampoo is made from an all-natural, plant-based formula that’s gentle on all skin types. It’s a non-toxic detergent that has no alcohol present in it. To apply, just spray the area to be cleaned and let the liquid sit for a minute before rubbing with a towel. To restore the luster and shine, you can brush your dog’s coat after application.
If your aim is to keep your pet’s coat shiny, soft, and smelling fresh and clean in between baths, you would want to hop on this product. It’s very easy to use and super effective too.
- It cleans fur quickly and effectively
- Made with a hypoallergenic and non-toxic formula
- Formulated to be used on gentle skin
#6 Wags & Wiggles Anti-Itch Relieve Waterless Dog Grooming Spray Shampoo
- CALMS AND ALLEVIATES DRY SKIN - Wags & Wiggles anti-itch dog spray alleviates your pet's dry and irritated skin, putting...
- MADE WITH HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS - This dry shampoo for dogs uses the benefits of calming aloe, peppermint, and tea...
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DOGS - This pet shampoo spray is specifically formulated to be pH balanced for your pet's skin, making...
Wags & Wiggles are a well-known group responsible for manufacturing a series of grooming tools and substances for pets. This product is one of them. This dry shampoo comes in an easy-to-use container which makes its application easy and unmessy. If you’re looking for a way to make grooming a lot more fun and effective for your pet, you need this product.
When you apply this shampoo to your dog’s coat, it works by alleviating dry, irritated skin that may result due to allergies and sensitive skin. It cleans out the coat while at the same time moisturizing the skin and providing essential oils and nutrients to it. After use, it leaves your dog looking and smelling fresh for a long time.
When used, its effects are long-lasting. This means your dog has the opportunity to maintain a lustrous-looking coat and keep a fresh scent between periodic baths on a regular basis.
- It repairs dry and irritated skin
- Has a long-lasting effect after use
- Has a gentle and balanced pH formula
#7 BioSilk For Dogs Moisturizing Dog Shampoo
- BEST WATERLESS DOG SHAMPOO - Natural moisturizers nourish your dog's skin and coat while eliminating odors. This dry dog...
- MADE IN THE USA - Made in the USA with the same classic ingredients as the original BioSilk line for humans. BioSilk for...
- EASY TO USE - Great for in between baths and as a spot treatment to clean fur, muddy paws, and dirty face. Simply spray...
Are you the kind of dog owner who loves it when other dogs and dog owners look at your dog in envy? Then this is the right product for you. With this product, you can have your furry friend looking like it just finished its appointment at the pet spa. Using this product makes your pooch grab the attention of everyone and everything in its path.
With no water needed, this shampoo cleans your dog’s skin, moisturizes its coat, and gives your pup a luxurious look. So you have little to worry about when trying to maintain the look and hygiene of your dog between baths.
This product is Paraben and sulfate-free. It has a balanced pH formula that will have your dog looking and smelling great for a long time. It’s even encouraged to be used in the treatment of tropical fleas and ticks.
- Made from natural and healthy products
- Suitable for dogs with skin sensitivity
- Made in the USA
Best Dry Shampoo Buyer’s Guide
Keeping your dog groomed is a very important thing if you want it to stay healthy and live a long and prosperous life. Grooming helps in maintaining proper hygiene and also gives your pet an attractive look. One thing that can never be overlooked in the process of maintaining and even improving the hygiene of your dog is a good shampoo.
Gone are the days when you had to give your dog a bath every other week. With the inception of the use of dry shampoos, you can help with cleaning out your dog’s body and also help maintain a fresh and lustrous look between routine baths. Let’s take a look at some important factors you will need to consider when trying to select an appropriate dry shampoo for your dog.
Some dogs are more active than others. You need to be aware of how much activity your dog engages in regularly in order to help determine the type of shampoo to get. This is because the more active your dog is, the more prone it is to get dirty and sweaty. This, in turn, will encourage you to get a brand of shampoo that would be effective in getting as much stain and sweat as possible off your pooch.
Health History Of Your Dog
Some dogs are naturally prone to be “healthier” than others. For example, some breeds are known for shedding their fur at an easier and faster rate than other breeds do. Taking that fact into consideration, it would be best for you to know what your dog’s health history is. I say this because there’s a probability that your dog might be allergic to a certain ingredient that might be contained in the shampoo you want to get. Being informed about these types of things will go a long way in influencing your choice of shampoo to purchase.
Process Of Application
This is really important as nobody wants to be stressed. Picking a product that comes in a convenient container and dispenses easily is something you won’t want to overlook in your process of picking the right shampoo. You would notice that the easier it is for you to use a product, the better your life becomes. Generally, there are two types of shampoos when it comes to the method of application, namely the foam and spray types.
While I would advise you not to completely replace regularly bathing your dog with the process of dry shampooing, it’s still a great way to maintain the health of your pooch in cases where you can’t afford to bathe them as often as you’ll want to. If you want the best option when choosing a perfect dry shampoo for your dog, look no further than our top pick. You won’t regret it!