The best dog calming treat is GOODGROWLIES Calming Hemp Treats.
Are you having a hard time disciplining your boisterous dog? Remember that there are many reasons why your dog is acting unruly.
The most common reason is that your dog is probably suffering from anxiety. Maybe your dog knows that you’re going to take it to the vet, and this can be a scary experience for it. Another reason is perhaps your dog is threatened by the presence of a new dog in the family.
It can be hard to handle a dog that’s suffering from anxiety. You’ll find it barking and howling excessively, cowering, chewing stuff, hiding, and showing other strange behaviors. The solution is to use a dog calming treat.
As the name suggests, these treats are meant to calm your dog whenever they are feeling anxious and acting strange.
Here’s our review of the best calming treats for dogs.
#1 GOODGROWLIES Calming Hemp Treats
- Natural and Effective Calming Support - Our soft chews are formulated with effective ingredients like valerian and...
- One Treat for All Breeds and Sizes - where your pet is a Shih Tzu or a 90lbs labrador, our hemp calming treats will work...
- Health Treat Dogs Actually Love - We not only created natural and effective calming treats - but we also made sure that...
Our top pick is the Calming Hemp Treats from GOODGROWLIES. Made from organic hemp formula, this treat is nutritious and delicious enough to keep your pooch calm. It also provides relief from pain so it’s a great choice for dogs that are suffering from inflammation, which may be the reason behind its strange behavior.
Dubbed as the primal mobility formula, this treat is made from Organic Hemp Seed Oil that’s loaded with fatty acids, nutrients, and proteins. This treat will not only calm your pet but will also help to keep it healthy and strong.
Dog experts consider this treat as the complete dietary supplement for dogs since it helps support their immune system and keeps their skin and coat healthy and shiny. These treats are manufactured in an FDA-approved facility, which means that they are totally safe for your pooch to consume. With this treat, you get to choose from the duck and chicken flavor.
- We like this treat because it’s made from organic hemp that’s effective in keeping dogs calm. The taste is also favorable for pets.
- Sugar-free and dairy-free.
- Contains chondroitin sulfate that promotes a proper structure of the cartilage and joints.
- Produced in a FDA-approved facility.
#2 VetIQ Supplements For Dogs
- Contains No wheat, Corn or Soy
- Helps to Manage Normal Stress
- Helps to Promote Relaxation
Yes, dogs need some supplements for their overall well-being. VetIQ Supplements for Dogs is a collection of supplements, each with a helpful purpose for your dog.
There are soft chews for digestion, coat and skin, multivitamin, and for improving both hip and joint health. They come in chicken and hickory smoked flavors. We will focus on the calming supplement.
This hickory smoked, calming supplement soft chews are perfect for your dog. They are natural and contain no wheat, corn, or soy additives. It helps to calm your pet, keeps them feeling relaxed, and also helps to manage their stress levels. The pack is 11 oz and comes with 90 soft chews. It is proudly made in the USA, and satisfaction is guaranteed.
The soft chews from VetIQ are great for any type of dog. We like that there is a safe supplement for keeping my dog calm, relaxed, and stress-free. The hickory flavor means that they will enjoy the supplements. There are no traces of soy or wheat, so it is safe for your dog.
- A calming supplement that helps your dog to relieve stress and relax.
- An 11-oz pack containing 90 soft chews.
- Hickory flavored.
- Contains no soy, corn, or wheat additives.
- Proudly made in the USA.
#3 MAX Calming Treats
- MAX Concentration for MAX Calming Support - 9 Active Ingredients to promote calmness: Hemp Seed Powder & Oil 250 mg,...
- Vet Formulated & Advanced Hemp Calming chews to soothe situational anxieties and support managment of occasional stress...
- Helps with Occasional Hyperactive & Aggressive Behavior - Many dogs get upset and display disruptive behaviors like...
If your dog is feeling anxious all the time and gets frightened easily by loud noises, new people, and the presence of other animals, the MAX Calming Treats is the perfect solution to calm your pet. When you feed your dog with this treat, you’ll notice an improvement in its behavior. Your dog will no longer be scratching, licking, chewing, or barking excessively.
It works by soothing the nerves of your dog, making it feel relaxed. As such, you’ll enjoy a quiet moment for yourself without getting disturbed by the constant barking of your unruly pet.
Made from Advanced Calming Formula that consists of nine soothing ingredients, including hemp seed powder, hemp oil, chamomile, melatonin, and passionflower, this calming treat can help to effectively relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety in your canine friend.
Furthermore, these soft chew treats are low in sodium, allergen, and calories.
- We like these soft chews because they are low in sodium, low in calorie, and low in allergen. Plus, it comes in cheese flavor, which dogs love!
- Great value for money.
- Impressive formula.
- Made in the USA.
- Treats aggressive behavior.
#4 NaturVet Quiet Moments Calming Aid Dog Supplement
- HIGH-QUALITY HEALTH SUPPLEMENT FOR DOGS: Bring your friendly pup the calm he needs during separation, storms, grooming...
- PET SUPPLEMENTS FOR ANXIETY: Ensure that your canine companion receives the support needed to reduce stress and tension....
- WHOLESOME DOG SUPPLEMENTS FOR NERVOUSNESS: Each dog soft chew in this NaturVet Calming Aid dog supplement is enhanced...
NaturVet Quiet Moments Calming Aid is a dog supplement that contains melatonin and is wheat-free. It has been in the market for over 20 years and is perfect for dogs aged 12 weeks old and above.
The supplements contain ginger, L-Tryptophan, thiamin, and melatonin. It comes in soft chews and is perfect for daily use.
You can give these chews to your pet to keep them calm and stress-free, especially during thunderstorms or fireworks. You can also give them when you’re traveling or visiting the vet, or during grooming sessions.
The 6.4 oz pack is a 30-day supply and contains 70 chews. They are also great tasting, so that is a plus for your dog.
If you want to keep your dog calm and anxiety-free during fireworks and storms, keep a jar of these around. They taste great and are wheat-free. They stay fresh thanks to the re-sealable jar. We like that it comes with a 30-day supply of soft chews.
- Comes in a 6.4 oz pack.
- Seventy soft chews in a resealable jar.
- Suitable for dogs over 12 weeks old.
- Contains ginger, L-Tryptophan, thiamin, and melatonin.
- Helps keep dogs calm and stress-free during storms and fireworks.
- Helps with separation, vet visits, and grooming sessions.
- Great flavor and taste.
- Made in the USA.
#5 PREMIUM CARE Calming Treats
- ✅ 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐒 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃...
- ✅ 𝐕𝐄𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘...
- ✅ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃...
Another hemp-based dog treat that can help calm your unruly dog is this PREMIUM CARE Calming treats. This is the best solution for dogs that tend to suffer from separation anxiety whenever their pet owners leave them. Available in duck flavor, which is different from the other calming treats in this list, your dog will definitely not have issues in eating this treat.
It is the hemp oil in this product that can help to effectively calm down your anxious dogs. Other calming ingredients in this treat are chamomile, organic passionflower, valerian root, and ginger root. This calming treat for dog relies mostly on plant-based ingredients in calming your pet while the hemp helps to make it even more effective.
- We like that this dog treat comes in a pack of 175 capsules, which is truly a great value for your money. This edible stress remedy is truly the best in the market.
- 100% safe and natural ingredients.
- Made in the USA.
- Offers good value for your money.
#6 Pet Naturals Calming For Dogs And Cats
- JUST THE GOOD STUFF: Calming bite-sized chews are free of corn, artificial ingredients and wheat that may cause...
- CALM DURING THE STORM: Calming is recommended for travel, boarding, trip’s to the veterinarian, fireworks,...
- PROVEN CALMING INGREDIENTS: Calming is not a pharmaceutical. It includes ingredients that are extracted from nature:...
How can you tell your pet is anxious? Symptoms can include a loss of appetite, diarrhea, aggressive behavior, whining, barking, scratching, and isolation.
This is why you should consider getting Pet Naturals Calming supplements. These are not only for dogs but also cats. It helps to manage stressful situations and should be taken at least 30 minutes before such a situation.
It comes in chicken liver flavor and contains no wheat, artificial additives, herbal ingredients, corn, or L-tryptophan. You can give your furry friend a double or triple dosage, and its effects last up to 4 hours.
These supplements are certified by veterinarians to be made in the USA. They also have been approved by the National Animal Supplement Council.
We like this supplement because it works for both cats and dogs. It doesn’t contain wheat, starch, or artificial ingredients. It works within 30 minutes and lasts up to four hours. You can be assured that your pet will love the chicken liver-flavored soft chews.
- Deliciously flavored calming supplement.
- Suitable for cats and dogs of all sizes.
- Helps to calm your pet in stressful situations.
- Activates within 30 minutes.
- Lasts up to 4 hours.
- Contains no wheat, artificial additives, herbal ingredients, or corn.
- Comes in chicken liver flavor.
#7 Valerio Organic Dog Hemp Chews
- YUMMY DOG HEMP CHEWS are just what every dog needs. Two grams each filled with natural herbal ingredients that help with...
- HAPPY BELLIES. Can help digestion and often improves appetite. Dogs eat better and receive better nutrition. Helps...
- GREAT TASTE. We call the flavor Turducken. It's a clever combination of Turkey, Duck, and Chicken. Dogs of every size...
The Valerio Organic hemp calming treats are among the most effective remedies in treating anxiety in dogs. Made from natural ingredients such as hemp, chamomile, and organic hemp oil, this calming treat is safe and effective. It’s also very nutritious and a good source of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9.
These calming treats for dogs will not only make your pooch feel relaxed, but will also help it stay strong, healthy, and happy. This is the perfect solution for dogs that hate calming pills and refuse to take them.
- We like this dog treat from Valerio Organic because it’s made from organic ingredients with no added chemicals. Therefore, it’s guaranteed to be safe for your pet.
- Delicious chews for dogs.
- Effectively soothes anxiety.
- Made in the USA.
- Safe and effective for all dog breeds.
#8 VetriScience Laboratories Calming Behavior Support Supplement
- Composure calming formula includes colostrum, l-theanine and thiamine; all recognized ingredients to support calmer...
- Composure is clinically shown to work within 30 minutes and lasts up to 4 hours.
- Composure can be administered on a daily basis or situation specific. It is safe to double or triple the dose to reach...
The VetriScience Laboratories Calming Behavior Support Supplement is made from a blend of natural ingredients that have been proven safe and effective in treating your dogs’ anxiety.
However, compared to the other treats in this list, this product is not that powerful. It can work for small dogs that are sensitive to the ingredients used in other treats, and it can be an excellent alternative.
Furthermore, this treat is available in a liquid formula that can be combined with water or any liquid food, making it easier to feed to your dog.
- We like this treat because it’s easy to feed to your pet. Plus, it’s available in a delicious chicken liver flavor that your pet will surely love.
- Clinically proven to work in as little as 30 minutes.
- Composure calming formula.
- The liquid-form formula is a lot easier to be administered on dogs.
- Veterinarian formulated.
#9 Zesty Paws Calming Treats For Dogs
- A natural formula for anxiety – Zesty Paws Calming Bites are turkey flavored chewable supplements with natural and...
- Features Suntheanine – These calming treats contain 30mg of Suntheanine per chew, which is a pure and GRAS-designated...
- Helps with hyperactive & aggressive behavior – Each chew contains Thiamine and Organic Chamomile, which act as a...
Developed by Zesty Paws, one of the leading brands of pet products worldwide, this dog treat offers great value for your money. Made from high-quality ingredients, this treat is effective at keeping your pooch calm during stressful situations.
The people who make this product are dedicated pet enthusiasts. All the ingredients used are safe and effective for your pet and are clearly listed on the packaging of the product. This is what makes Zesty Paws a trusted brand for pet products, including dog treats. These calming soft chews are the perfect solution for pets that are prone to anxiety and stress.
- We like these calming treats for dogs because it gives you the best value for your money. Each packaging has 90 chews and could last for two months with regular use.
- Consists of 30 mg of Suntheanine in every chew.
- Made from a natural formula that’s effective in treating pets with anxiety.
- Proven safe and effective ingredients.
- Treats hyperactive behavior in pets.
Best Calming Treats For Dogs Buying Guide
As pet owners, we are solely responsible for feeding our dogs with the best treats or foods. Dogs cannot feed themselves so they rely on us for their daily diet. If your pet is suffering from anxiety, then it’s even more important that we choose their food very carefully.
When it comes to calming treats for dogs, you’ll find numerous options that can be overwhelming, especially if you have no idea what it is that your dog needs. Before you make a purchase, consider the needs of your dog. Take your dog to the vet and ask advice on what product can work best for your dog. This is to ensure that you will be getting the right calming treat to treat your dog’s anxiety.
Always refer to the packaging of the product that you plan on buying. Some of the technical terms might be confusing, especially for first-time buyers. To help make it easier for you to choose the best calming treat for your dog, we have explained below each of the important factors that pet owners must take into consideration when buying dog treats to help calm their pets.
The overall packaging of a product is important. In fact, it’s the first thing that the customer notices. When it comes to buying a calming treat for your pooch, choose a product that’s well packaged and looks attractive. Above all, the list of ingredients on the packaging should be clearly stated and well presented.
Some of the most reputable brands of dog chews for anxiety indicate the full recipe of the treats at the back of the packaging and list down the main ingredients at the front. It’s important that you know exactly what ingredients have been used in producing the calming treats that you plan on buying.
Reading the packaging very carefully before buying can help to ensure that you are not wasting your money on low-quality products that contain lots of filler ingredients that are not safe for your dog. Some of these filler ingredients include wheat, soya, and sugar.
These ingredients are not really harmful to your pooch, but they are not helpful to them in any way. They only make your pet fill full fast and keep it satisfied for longer. This is why some of the most reputable brands of calming treats clearly state that their products don’t contain any fillers or preservatives. With these treats, you can be sure that your dog will only get the best and the tastiest treats.
If you take a look at the various ingredients used in making these calming treats, you’ll notice that the ingredients are almost similar to each other. Most treats are made from five common herbs, such as chamomile flower, ginger root, passionflower, valerian root, and l-tryptophan. All these ingredients are meant to prevent aggression and anxiety in dogs, which helps them to stay calm.
Depending on the brand that you prefer, some of these treats might come in certain flavors. Flavored treats will be more appealing to your pooch. So if you have a very picky dog, you might as well get it flavored treats. This way, it will be much easier for you to administer the treat.
But when it comes to buying flavored treats, make sure you choose the flavor very carefully. Dogs are sometimes discouraged by the strong herbal smell and this can make them feel weary, which defeats the purpose of buying a calming treat for your dog. Going for savory flavors like duck and bacon might be a better choice.
Although the calming treats for dogs are specially designed to minimize the feeling of anxiousness and stress on your pet, some of these treats may also be effective in keeping your pooch healthy and strong. Most brands avoid using a heating process in producing these treats to ensure that the nutritional value and other nutrients remain intact. This can help dogs to get the most out of every treat that they eat, which ensures that they will not only be free from anxiety but also from other diseases too.
Will Calming Dog Treats Really Work?
Pet owners who have tried using these calming treats for their dogs have found that these treats are indeed effective as a calming aid for their pooch. But the result may not be the same for all dogs. This will also depend on the breed or type of your dog, and some other factors. Sometimes, it may be necessary to purchase several different types of treats before you can figure out what works best for your pooch.
You’ll never go wrong with our top pick and the multiple benefits it brings to the table.
First of all, it’s made from organic hemp formula that’s proven to be safe, effective, and healthy for your pooch. The treat can also work as a pain reliever for your pet, which is great for dogs that suffer from inflammation and pain.
You can also be sure that this product is safe for your dog since it’s produced in a facility that’s FDA-approved.