The best dog frisbee is Hyperflite Jawz Competition Flying Disc Dog Frisbee.
If you’re thinking about getting a toy for your dog, then don’t forget to pick up a frisbee. Frisbees are one of the most popular types of toys because they can be used in so many different ways and they last almost forever. They provide hours of entertainment for both people and their pooches!
The best dog frisbees are made from a strong, flexible rubber that’s good for both fetch and chewing. On the other hand, hard plastic frisbees are difficult for dogs to grab and can hurt their mouths if they accidentally bite down on a hard edge.
We have prepared a list of some of the best dog frisbees in the market. Our analysis is based on flexibility, color choices, size options, thickness, safety, comfort, and durability.
#1 Hyperflite Jawz Competition Flying Disc Dog Frisbee
- Worlds toughest competition approved canine flying disc.
- Jawz discs stand up to gnashing canine teeth better than any other competition disc.
The Hyperflite Jawz Competition Dog Disc is our top pick in the market. It’s an ideal choice for dog owners looking for an action-packed and high-flying fetch session. This frisbee features a unique aerodynamic design that makes it easier to toss far and wide. In addition to this, it’s a highly durable product. It’s actually designed for competition-level tossing. This means that it will withstand wear and tear for a long time.
We also noticed that the disc is puncture-resistant. Even if the dog holds onto it tight with its canines, it won’t break or get damaged. The frisbee has an Anti-Glare Technology too that delivers great playtime without straining the eyes, especially during a sunny day. The Hyperflite Jawz Flying Disc is available in a wide variety of colors.
We loved a few things about the Hyperflite Jawz disc. First, the Frisbee delivers a high-performance thanks to its durability. It’s also slightly narrow compared to traditional Frisbees in the market. This makes it easier for smaller dogs to catch it. The disc is also quite compact in its design. It measures 8 ¾ -inch-wide and 145-grams in weight and this makes it our top pick in this review.
- Simple but effective 8.75-inch design and comes in four colors that you can choose from, including Blue, Lemon Lime, Black, and Mango, depending on your pup’s personality.
- It is made of durable puncture-resistant plastic, which means your doggies can’t pierce through the Frisbee while playing with it.
- It is made of Hyperflite’s X-Flash Anti-Glare Technology that does not reflect too much light off the Frisbee’s surface, which can hurt your pup’s eyes.
- While tough, it is comfortable against your doggie’s canines, and they can play with it without worrying about injuries.
- Perfect for outdoor play for your doggies, and its flying power will train them to catch and fetch in no time.
- The plastic edges are sharp, and this can hurt your hands while throwing and even cut your pup’s gums.
- It does not float in water, so it is a hassle to fetch it if it falls into a pool or pond.
#2 Chuckit! Paraflight Dog Frisbee Toy
- 10 INCH FRISBEE: Ideal frisbee for dogs for high-flying games of fetch, designed for long-distance flight The Paraflight...
- DURABLE DESIGN: This large dog frisbee features a multilayer nylon interior with soft rubber edges that's gentle on...
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding fun with your dogs and cats. Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as...
The Chuckit! Paraflight Dog Toy is designed for a budget-conscious dog owner. It delivers a lot of value at a surprisingly low cost. The Frisbee also offers a cool aerodynamic design that allows it to gradually descend from the air. This makes it perfect for long-distance games of fetch with any type of dog.
Additionally, the disc has a lightweight and buoyant fabric that can easily float on water. If you want to play fetch in a pool or on the beach, this one should be your first choice. The Chuckit! Paraflight Flyer will also withstand rugged and extended play outside thanks to its strong multilayer nylon construction.
The soft rubber edges and raised sides make it easier to carry around too. The disc is available in small and large sizes. It’s versatile enough to make sure that a wide variety of dogs can play with it. Besides, the frisbee also comes in orange and blue colors so that it’s easier to spot on tall grass or from a distance.
The aerodynamic design is quite brilliant. It’s more like a bird. The disc can soar high into the sky and float in the air for some time before coming down gradually. This really makes it fun for the dog. The disc is also versatile enough to work on water. So, if you are planning a fetch session on the beach, the lake, or the pool, you are in for a treat. We also liked the price. It’s really affordable, especially when you consider the features it includes.
- This Frisbee is 10 inches in size and is available in two distinct colors, namely Blue/Orange and Green/Max Glow.
- The Frisbee is made of a multilayer nylon interior, which means it can withstand the rugged outdoors and is gentle against your pup’s gums and teeth.
- It comes with a differently colored soft rubber edge and raised sides, and this makes it easy to spot while also making it comfortable for carrying.
- The design allows it to float in water, which means it is perfect for playing with at the beach or in a pool.
- It is designed to fly long distances that allow your doggie to catch it mid-flight and is light enough for gradual descending.
- Some aggressive doggies can rip through the zigzag stitching, and this makes the Frisbee fall apart.
- The rubber on the edges sometimes deteriorates and turns into a gum-like consistency, which can stain surfaces the Frisbee is placed on.
#3 West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Frisbee Toy
- AERODYNAMIC DOG FRISBEE: Enjoy active adventures with your senior dog or playful pup with this West Paw Zogoflex Zisc...
- DURABLE PLAY TOYS FOR DOGS: Whether you’re playing fetch or catch with your canine companion, know that this dog...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DOG TOYS: This lightweight dog Frisbee is not only easy to carry, but also easy to throw when motivating...
The West Paw Zogoflex Zisc is a highly floatable frisbee that can go the distance. If you want to add more intensity to playtime, then this would be a good option to consider. It’s more flexible than a traditional hardshell Frisbee. But it’s still quite faster than lighter designs made using fabrics. This frisbee is perfect for parks, small yards, and even water.
The materials used to construct it are also soft and flexible for the dog’s mouth. They are BPA-free and non-toxic.
In addition, the West Paw Zogoflex Zisc can serve as a chew toy but it’s not primarily designed for this. It’s available in two sizes; large and small. For smaller dog breeds, choose the smaller size. The bigger sizes should work for bigger dogs.
The West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Tough Flying Disc is made using a very unique material. This material is so soft on the dog’s mouth that it can be used as a chew toy too. It can easily stretch and comes with an unstoppable bounce that will make your fetch sessions fun and more exciting. The disc can also float on water which makes it ideal for pools, lakes, and beaches.
- This uniquely designed Frisbee is available in small and large and also comes in five colors, such as Tangerine, Aqua Blue, Granny Smith, Glow, and White, so you can choose an option that works for your pup’s size and personality.
- The Frisbee is made of recyclable, latex-free, FDA-compliant, and non-toxic material, meaning that it is safe for your pup, easy to clean, and also environmentally friendly.
- The Frisbee is designed to be a toy but can also be flipped over and used as a snack bowl, which makes it functional and unique, especially during travel.
- It is made to fly long distances, as it is made in a high-flying aerodynamic style.
- It is inflated with air technology and also has soft edges, which makes it float in water and also gentle against your doggie’s teeth and gums.
- Many pups chew through the center of the Frisbee, which makes it unusable.
- Larger and stronger doggies can chew off pieces from the toy, and this can be a choking hazard.
#4 KONG Flyer Durable Rubber Flying Disc Dog Toy
- Soft Catch: The natural rubber makes for a softer, forgiving catch during fetch. It also delivers a dynamic rebound if...
- Instinctual Needs: This toy promotes your dog's instinctual need to play and encourages lots of healthy exercise
- Durability: The natural KONG Classic red rubber formula is created to be durable, and flexible for a soft catch
The KONG Flyer Durable Rubber Flying Disc is one of the best soft rubber discs in the market at the moment. This frisbee is built using strong and durable KONG Classic rubber. It’s safe for the dog’s teeth and gums. The rubber offers a strong grip making it easier to throw further away. It creates a soft catch too. This means that your dogs will actually enjoy putting it in their mouth again and again.
Additionally, although the disk weighs a little more than the traditional plastic frisbees, this can be an advantage, especially for people who want more control when they throw. Besides, rubber is much softer on the dog’s teeth and gums than plastic.
If you have a dog that likes to chew on everything aggressively, then you have to get the KONG – Flyer. The rubber is soft for the dog’s teeth and gums but still durable enough to withstand aggressive chewing. There are many plastic frisbees that will tear apart as a result of this.But the KONG – Flyer will not let you down. In addition to this, this frisbee is a little bit heavier than traditional plastic designs. This gives you more control over how far you can throw each time.
- The toy comes in small and large sizes in red color, which makes it perfect for larger doggie breeds of between 30 lbs and 85 lbs.
- It is made of natural rubber, which makes it aerodynamic while soft against your puppy’s gums and teeth.
- The classic red rubber formula makes the Frisbee durable, waterproof, and easy to clean.
- It is made in the United States using locally sourced materials, making it safe and affordable, and every purchase goes to supporting local businesses.
- The light design means it is perfect for training for weight management and can float on water, so you can take your pup to play at the beach or in a pool.
- Some pups are allergic to the Frisbee coating, and this can cause vomiting or stomach upsets.
- Some pups treat it as a chew toy, which can cause it to bend or break, so you cannot use it as a Frisbee anymore.
#5 Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper Dog Frisbee
- ALL-SEASON INTERACTIVE DOG TOYS: Designed for a high-flying game of fetch with your dog in the water, grass, or snow....
- DURABLE DESIGN AND SAFE ON TEETH: This frisbee for dogs features a durable, multilayer nylon construction which is safe...
- FLOATS IN THE WATER: This dog frisbees soft lightweight material makes it buoyant allowing for long range throws,...
The Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper Dog Frisbee is not your regular frisbee. It measures about 9 inches long and it’s made using a combination of nylon and soft rubber. This makes the disc quite safe for dogs’ teeth and gums.
Besides, the flier can also float. So, if you are thinking of taking the fun to water, you will have the right frisbee. The Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper is also made in the US. The manufacturer has been making dog toys for thirty years. They have enough experience to guarantee a high-quality product.
The Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper Dog Frisbee has a way of mesmerizing dogs. A lot of dogs we saw fetching this frisbee seemed to be enjoying it to the fullest. We also noticed that, if you throw two frisbees midair, the dogs tend to go for the Hyper Pet Flippy Flopper instead of the other brands. This says a lot about the design. We also noticed that the frisbee is slightly lighter which makes the throw much better.
- This is a 9-inch toy, which is available in eye-catching patterns like Classic, Donut, Camouflage, Eyeball, Swirl, and Multi-color that you can choose according to your pup’s taste.
- It is made of durable, multilayer nylon, and this makes it light to use and safe for your furry friend’s teeth and gums and makes it perfect for prolonged outdoor use.
- The multiple colors and the brightness intensity both enable this toy to be easily spotted in grass, low-light areas or the hidden areas of your outdoor space.
- The lightweight material of this Frisbee makes it float on water, making it safe to play with at the beach or in a pool.
- It can easily fit into any bag you use, and take it with you to the park or on a road trip.
- Can retain water if it gets a hole in the material, and this can make it sink if used in water.
- The stitching on the toy can come undone after some use, which makes it unusable.
#6 IMK9 Dog Frisbee Toy
- BLUE COLOR FOR MAXIMUM DOG VISIBILITY: Bright colors like green, orange, yellow and red stand out to human eyes, but the...
- TONS OF FUN FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG: Playing with a Frisbee is great fun and healthy exercise for both you and your beloved...
- AERODYNAMIC DESIGN FOR EASY FLIGHT: You won’t have to wear out your arm throwing this Frisbee. The aerodynamic grooved...
The IMK9 Dog Frisbee Toy is a lightweight frisbee that is perfect for pet training. If you are playing fetch with your dog for the first time, this would be the perfect choice for you. The discs are made using high-quality non-toxic rubber. The rubber is too strong to break up even in the roughest terrains.
However, its soft nature ensures it doesn’t hurt the dog’s teeth or gums. The frisbee comes in three distinct colors too including orange, purple, and red. The IMK9 Dog Frisbee is also able to float so you can use them on water too. However, for the best results, it’s recommended to use the discs in wide and open spaces like parks. You will definitely enjoy the experience!
The IMK9 Dog Frisbee is 100% natural. It’s made using natural and non-toxic rubber. If safety is one of your biggest concerns, you can completely rely on this product. We also liked the versatility. The rubber discs can be used on both land and water. In addition to this, it’s a soft frisbee that doesn’t hurt even if your dog is an aggressive chewer.
- This Frisbee measures 8.5 x 8.5 x 0.25 inches in size, making it suitable for most pup sizes and is available in blue as this color is what is most distinct to a dog’s eyes.
- Designed with unique aerodynamic blue grooves, which makes the toy easy to throw without putting in too much effort with your wrist.
- It is made of soft, natural rubber, which makes it safe for use for your pup and is also soft against their gums and teeth.
- It is flexible, can bend without breakage, and can easily be cleaned using only water.
- Should the Frisbee break, it comes with an IMK9 promise of a full refund or an exchange.
- The toy is not as durable as most pups can easily puncture or tear the Frisbee after using it a few times.
- Larger or more aggressive dogs can chew off pieces of the Frisbee, making it a potential choking hazard.
#7 Nerf Dog Nylon Flyer
- NERF-TOUGH: Nerf-quality materials make our Nylon Dog Toy perfect for fetch and for teaching your dog new tricks
- HIGH VISIBILITY: The bright red nylon flyer is easily trackable for both you and your pet, no matter where or how far...
- MADE TO LAST: Lightweight, durable, and weather & water resistant, the flyer is the perfect toy to take to the lake,...
The Nerf Dog Nylon Flyer is a high-flying frisbee that delivers action-packed fetch sessions. The flyer is made using durable FDA-approved nylon. It is also reinforced with a tear-resistant coating for extra strength and durability. The flyer is 100% non-toxic. It’s BPA-free and can float on the water quite easily.
Durability is one of the key features of the Nerf Dog Nylon Flyer. The frisbee also flies quite well due to its unique aerodynamic design. It’s soft and easy on the dog unlike many other plastic frisbees in the market at the moment.
- This Frisbee is available in seven sizes ranging between 7.5 inches and 14 inches, and it also comes in four colors, namely, Gray, Blue, Orange, and Red, of which you can choose from based on your furry friend’s size and color preference.
- It is made of lightweight tear-resistant nylon, and this makes it easy to fly, maintain and clean while outdoors.
- The light material is soft and easy on your pup’s teeth and gums, and this prevents any injuries while playing.
- It can float in water, and this makes it perfect to play with in a pool or at the beach on vacation.
- The bright colors make it easy to track and retrieve no matter where it lands, so your pup can enjoy hours of play.
- Its flat design sometimes makes it harder to fly, so your pup may not enjoy playing with it.
- Larger dogs are capable of biting and tearing through the nylon material, so you may have to get a replacement toy.
Dog Frisbee Buying Guide
There are a lot of dog frisbees on the market, but finding the best one can be challenging.
The first step to finding what you’re looking for is deciding which type of material you want your dog’s frisbee to be made out of: soft or hard. Soft frisbees are made from mallable plastics are great for dogs that like playing fetch in water as they float better than hard plastic discs.
For those who prefer dry land games and dogs with teeth issues, hard plastic discs work better because they don’t have any give and are less likely to break from chewing. After that, it is time to figure out what size disc is right for your pup! There are small, medium, large, and jumbo sizes available depending on how big your dog is.
Related: Best Automatic Dog Ball Launcher
Different Types of Dog Frisbees
There are many different types of frisbees, including discs, rings, and saucers.
Some dogs prefer softer surfaces while others like a more rigid surface. You can get a variety pack of frisbees so that you can see which one your pup prefers. A good frisbee should be durable and easy to throw, though it is not necessary for the dog to catch in its mouth.
A key factor when choosing a disc is how fast they fly through the air – if you have an energetic pup or live near water, then avoid discs with high lift as these will only leave your pet frustrated! The material used for production matters too: rubber disks don’t float making them unsuitable if you want to play by the pool, but silicone does make them perfect for aquatic activities.
Related: Best Dog Pools
Many materials are used to make dog frisbees. The material determines how the disc flies, its safety, durability, and buoyancy in water. The best materials should be safe for the dogs’ teeth and gums. They should also be non-toxic, light, and tear-resistant.
The size of the frisbee you should buy will depend on the size of your dog. Bigger dogs love big frisbees. There are many Frisbee designs specifically created for smaller dogs and others for big ones. Consider the size of your dog and choose accordingly!
Naturally, you want the frisbee to be brightly colored so that you can easily locate it on the ground and on the air. Most designs tend to be bright in color but some are brighter than others. Go for the latter.
Fetching with dogs is not meant for dry land alone. It can also be fun on water. In case you want to play with your dog in a pool, a lake, or the beach, make sure you choose frisbees that float very well.
It’s A Good Bonding Activity
They are a great way to teach your dog how to bring you back the toy. They also help give your pup exercise, which is important for their health and well-being. Frisbees provide mental stimulation because they require interaction between the owner and pet in order to play fetch with one another. This game can be played indoors or outdoors, although we strongly recommend the outdoors!
Related: Best Dog Summer Shoes
Each of the frisbees above has unique features and is all quite good. However, the Hyperflite Jawz Competition Dog Disc leads the way slightly compared to the other options in the list. It’s a highly durable Frisbee with excellent aerodynamics. The materials used are also tear-resistant, non-toxic, and very strong. The Frisbee can handle any terrain too.
Even though the other designs are good, we would highly recommend the Hyperflite Jawz Competition Dog Disc as the top choice for people looking for that extra bit of quality.