Taking your dog with you when you travel is a fulfilling experience. But a traveling dog needs to have his natural needs met, among which hydration. So, how do you ensure that your dog has the clean and fresh water that he/she needs to stay hydrated while in a crate? Crate water bottles are the in thing.
To help you shop for the best dog crate water bottle, we have looked at the main brands and written a comprehensive review just for you. Keep reading to find details on each of our favorite dog crate water bottles.
#1 Choco Nose H590 Patented No-Drip Dog Water Bottle
- 🐾 Why Choco Nose Water Bottle? Are You Tired of Changing the Wet Bedding for Your Pet Cage? This Is The Best Small...
- 🐾 U.S Patented Leak-proof nozzle/ No Drip Dog Water Bottle/ BPA Free/ Mess Free/ 11.2 oz Capacity. Regular-sized...
- 🐾 This Pet Water Bottle is NOT recommended for Small Animal, such as Hamster, Ferret, Guinea Pig, Small-sized Bunny,...
This US-patented dog water bottle is made of safe plastic, free of Bisphenol A (BPA). It’s created for small and medium-sized dogs, those around 15 to 30 lbs. Its 16-mm nozzle is fitted with a stainless steel nip at the end.
The bottle holds 11.2 fl oz (331 ml) of water, enough to hydrate your dog for the better part of the day. If you prefer, you can replace the original bottle with a bigger one since most regular-sized PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) bottles fit perfectly on the nozzle.
You won’t need to worry about your dog messing with the car while drinking. The Choco Nose H590 is leak-proof and easy to snap on and off when you need to refill or clean. The bottle can be screwed on the side of the crate for a more secure setup and if you decide to use it at home, you can screw or nail it to a wall or wooden surface.
Despite its small capacity, the Choco Nose H590 dog crate water bottle has a nozzle that’s compatible with other regular bottles. It’s perfect as a dog crate water bottle since it can be screwed on the side of the crate and your dog can drink without making a mess.
- Made of safe plastic.
- Standard nozzle for bottle swapping.
- No-drip nozzle.
- Comes with a screw-on crate bracket.
#2 Lixit Top Fill Water Bottle
- MADE FOR SMALL DOGS: The 16oz Top fill dog bottle has been specifically designed for small dogs. Its features a 7/16th...
- FILL FROM THE TOP: The Lixit top fill dog bottle features a lid on the top that allows you to fill the bottle without...
- NO DRIP VALVE: This bottle features Lixit’s Patented no drip value. The valve is completely serviceable and can easily...
When shopping on a tight budget for your dog’s water bottle, one that goes for less than $10 and holds a water capacity of 16 fl oz (473 ml), thereby giving you value for your money. Moreover, to stretch your dollar further, there are several other useful features, including a patented valve with a ball tip that lets your pet drink without making a pool in the cage.
To refill the bottle, you simply flip the top lid so you don’t have to tamper with the no-drip valve and the nozzle. The Lixit bottle has two flat sides and can be mounted on the cage for ease of use. You have two clamp mounts in different positions so you can adjust the height.
Your dog’s health is not compromised in any way since the bottle is BPA-free and extremely easy to clean.
No one would say no to a product that serves the purpose for which it’s purchased without straining your budget. The Lixit dog water bottle is well-priced, holds plenty of water, does not drip, and is easy to refill and clean.
- A holding capacity of 16 fl oz.
- Top lid allows easy refill.
- Easy to mount on crate.
#3 Vannon Dog Water Dispenser
- No drip dog water bottle, leakproof, 34 oz/1000ml capacity, nozzle diameter: 12mm for dogs, cats and rabbits.
- One-piece nozzle design, hard to break off, water comes will roller ball, no springs, no worry to hurt the pet.
- Food grade three stainless-steel balls and silicone seal interior to provide a better leakage protection; double...
The Vannon dog water dispenser is a great way to keep your dog hydrated. It comes with a no-drip, leak-proof water bottle that can hold a 34-oz water capacity (1L).
Its nozzle diameter is 12 mm wide, which is suitable for dogs, cats, and other small pets, including rabbits. The nozzle is a one-piece design, so you don’t have to worry about any pieces breaking off due to chewing.
The dispenser nozzle uses food-grade double stainless-steel balls, as well as a silicone seal interior which helps with leakage protection. The double anti-slip design helps to lock the bottle and hold it in place.
You don’t have to take out the bottle for a refill as you simply have to unscrew the top and add water. It is also safe for your pets and odorless. Vannon offers a 100% money-back guarantee for each purchase.
It is important to have a water drinking set up for your pet, and this dispenser from Vannon is perfect for crates and cages in every possible way. It is safe for use and is leak-proof. Its large water bottle and easy-to-refill design are also a winner.
- No-drip, leak-proof water bottle that holds a 34-oz water capacity.
- Available in two colors; Blue and Gray.
- Detachable slot with double anti-slip design to secure the bottle.
- Features a 12mm one-piece design nozzle.
- The nozzle uses food-grade double stainless-steel balls and has a silicone seal interior for leakage protection.
- Easy refill from the top.
- Safe and odorless.
- A 100% money-back guarantee.
#4 Andiker No-Drip Dog Water Dispenser
- ◆v◆Portable Dog Water Bottle designed with No Drip nozzle and you can change its direction by turning the top lid...
- ◆v◆The hanging dog cage bottle is intuitively designed to prevent dripping, Its stainless steel balls block the tip...
- ◆v◆Unscrewed the bottom nozzle pet leak-proof nozzle bottle cap, A sealing ring in the lid can be used on most of...
The Andiker no-drip dog water dispenser is perfect for dogs and other pets to keep them hydrated. The bottle can be raised or lowered depending on where you are installing it and your pet’s height.
It is made of ABS and stainless steel, which makes it safe for your pet. It has a no-drip nozzle, which can be turned in any direction by turning the top lid 360°. Its stainless steel balls help to block the hose tip and only let water pass when your pet pushes it.
You can unscrew the bottom nozzle bottle cap. There is a sealing ring inside the lid, which is usable on most water bottles. The product comes with a metal bracket for hanging the dispenser outside or inside your pet’s cage. The bottle holds up to 8.4 fl oz (250 ml) water capacity.
We love that the pet can push water out of this Andiker dispenser whenever it needs a drink. The dispenser can also be hung both inside and outside of the cage. Its no-drip nozzle should reduce any potential water messes, and it is safe for your dog, thanks to the quality materials used to make the dispenser.
- Uses an 8.4 fl oz water bottle.
- Made of ABS and stainless steel, both of which are safe materials for dogs to lick and drink from.
- Features an adjustable height mechanism to suit your pet when raised or lowered.
- Features a no-drip nozzle that uses stainless steel balls.
- Comes with a metal bracket for hanging.
- Available in three colors, namely, Blue, Green, and Pink.
#5 Choco Nose H528 No-Drip Rabbit Water Bottle
- 🐾 Why Choco Nose Water Bottle? Are You Tired of Changing the Wet Bedding for Your Pet Cage? This Is The Best Small...
- 🐾 This Small-sized nozzle (13mm) Is Recommended for Rabbit, Chinchilla, Cat, Toy Breed Sized Dog or Puppy: Shih Tzu,...
- 🐾 This Water Bottle Is NOT Recommended for Mini-Sized Pet, Such as Hamster, Guinea Pig, Hedgehog, Ferret, Rat. Please...
If you are looking to please your toy dog, this water bottle is for you. Choco Nose H528 is made from BPA-free plastic and has an 11.2 fl oz (331 ml) capacity. The 13-mm nozzle is made for small-sized dogs and is part plastic part stainless steel at the tip. It is also leak-proof and US-patented.
The screw-on bracket can be fixed on the cage when you travel or nailed to a wall or wooden surface for everyday use. If you require more water, you can switch the original bottle to a bigger one since the nozzle fits on most regular-sized PET bottles.
Choco Nose H528 is perfect for toy dogs who don’t have huge hydration needs. Its 11.2 fl oz capacity is just enough to keep your little furry friend well hydrated and without making messes in the cage or the car.
- No-drip US-patented nozzle.
- BPA-free plastic.
- Screw-on bracket.
- Compatible nozzle.
#6 Pet Standing Water Dispenser
- NO DRIP DESIGN: Made in dripless design with 3 stainless steel balls construction, effectively prevents water leakage,...
- EASY INSTALATION: Dog Water bottles are easily fixed on to kennels or cages (outside or inside) by clamp, mounted on two...
- SAFE MATERIAL: Made from high quality, nontoxic environmental friendly ABS, BPA-free, safe and harmless to your pet,...
The Pet Standing Water Dispenser is another optimal choice for small or medium-sized dogs. It has a 15.2 fl oz (450 ml) capacity and a nozzle that is fitted with three stainless steel balls. The balls are different sizes and your dog has no chance of making a pool in the cage when drinking.
Pet Standing Water Dispenser is made of ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic, generally considered safe for human and animal use. When you hung the bottle on the crate, you can use one of the two hooks to achieve the desired length.
The top cover of the bottle is fixed and does not open. You’ll need to turn the bottle over and open the nuzzle cap to refill.
A dog water bottle is only good if it saves you the trouble of manually feeding water whenever your dog needs to drink. The Pet Standing Water Dispenser is a great example that holds 15.2 fl oz of water and can be hung on the cage for your dog’s easy drinking.
- Sufficient water capacity to last for a day.
- Non-drip stainless steel balls.
- Has hooks for hanging on crate.
- Safe plastic.
#7 Poodle Pet Water Feeder Bottle
- EASY TO MOUNT WATER FEEDER: Designed to quickly & easily mount onto the side of your pet cage or dog kennel using a...
- QUICK, EASY TO REFILL BOTTLE: Unlike the average water feeder for dogs & cats, this one comes with a bottle that...
- KEEPS PETS HAPPY & HYDRATED: Make sure your pet is happy & hydrated while you're away with the reusable Poodle Pet...
The Poodle Pet Water Feeder is a great choice for use on dog crates and kennels. It’s designed to easily mount on the crate by placing one side of the bracket inside and the other outside, then turning it to hold. Its size favors small-sized dogs like the Poodle.
The bottle is made of eco-friendly dog-safe plastic and uses gravity to dispense the water. So water only flows when your pet touches the ball at the stainless nozzle-tip with the tongue. To refill, you simply unscrew the top. The bottle can be replaced with other similar size regular bottles.
Are you looking for a dog water bottle specifically designed for use on a crate? The Poodle Pet Water Feeder fits this description perfectly. All you need to do is place one side of the bracket in the inside and the other on the outside and turn it to hold.
- Specially designed for crates and kennels.
- Uses an easy-to-fix bracket.
- Compatible with similar bottles.
Dog Crate Water Bottles Buyer’s Guide
Did you know, according to the American Kennel Club, adult dogs should drink an ounce of water per pound of body weight every day? And while this may vary depending on breed, dog activity level, and size, staying hydrated is a health requirement for all dogs.
So, how do you take care of your dog’s water drinking needs when you are traveling and have his/her in a crate? Simple! Buy a dog water crate bottle.
However, not every dog water bottle is good enough to quench your furry friend’s thirst while on the go. Look out for the following five must-have features when purchasing a dog crate water bottle.
We list this feature first because your dog’s health must be protected while hydrating him/her. Experts disagree a great deal about what plastics are safe for dogs and which ones are not. But while they don’t come to a consensus, look out for water bottles that are made of PET and ABS plastic and indicate that they are BPA-free.
Both our top pick and the budget-conscious pick are good examples of dog water bottles made of dog-safe plastic.
Firm Fix On Crate
If it reads ‘dog crate water bottle’, then it must be good enough to use on a crate. One way to confirm this is by checking whether the bottle has a feature that allows you to fix it on the crate while letting your dog drink with ease. The most common ways dog water bottles are fixed on crates are by hanging hooks or brackets that can either be screwed or fastened on the crate.
Check the Pet Standing Water Dispenser or the Andiker No-Drip Dog Water Dispenser to see how hooks work and the Choco Nose H528 No-Drip Rabbit Water Bottle or the Poodle Pet Water Feeder Bottle to get an idea of how brackets work on the cage.
Sturdy, No-Drip Nozzle
There’s no doubt that you want to have your dog drinking its daily water supply while keeping your car dry. A no-drip nozzle is a must-have feature in that case. Nozzles with balls at the tip of the nozzle or those that function on gravity when the ball is touched by your dog’s tongue are usually non-drip.
Consider nozzles that have a stainless steel tip since dogs tend to chew. A steel nozzle would be difficult to chew if your dog got frustrated with slow water flow from the bottle.
All our pick are no-drip and many of our picks have a stainless steel nozzle tip. See, for example, the Pet Standing Water Dispenser and the Choco Nose H528 No-Drip Rabbit Water Bottle.
Dog-Appropriate Water Capacity
We started by saying that dog’s hydrating needs may vary with size among other characteristics. If you are buying a water bottle for a large-sized dog, our top pick, Choco Nose H590, will not do because its 11.2 fl oz capacity is made for small and medium-sized dogs. But the Vannon Dog Water Dispenser would be excellent for a large dog.
Choosing the right water capacity bottle will save you the trouble of having to refill often and the risk of leaving your dog without adequate water when you are traveling.
There are two advantages to purchasing a dog water bottle with a nozzle that is compatible with most PET plastic bottles. First, you can replace the original bottle with a bigger or smaller one according to need or substitute it if it accidentally falls and breaks.
Second, if you are going on a long trip, you can fill several compatible bottles and simply replace the empty ones without needing to refill them.
Most of our picks have a tick for the compatible feature. That includes our top pick, the Choco Nose H528, and a few others on the list.
A good dog water bottle meets the above must-have features. How well does our top pick meet these features? Here’s how:
- Material safety for dogs – It’s made with safe BPA-free plastic.
- Fixed securely on the crate – Can be screwed on the side of the crate.
- Sturdy no-drip nozzle – Uses a leak-proof 16-mm nozzle.
- Water capacity sufficient for dogs – Its 11.2 fl oz capacity for small to medium-sized dogs.
- Compatible nozzle – Most regular-sized PET bottles fit perfectly on the nozzle.
Now that you know what to look for, you are ready for a dog water bottle shopping spree.