The best memory foam dog bed is Friends Forever Memory Foam Dog Bed.
Dogs work so hard every day to bring us joy and show us they really are worthy of the ‘man’s best friend’ title. It goes without saying that they deserve a nice and cozy place to rest after all the effort.
We have collated the best memory foam dog beds to treat your beloved pooch and reciprocate your love.
#1 Friends Forever Memory Foam Dog Bed
This Friends Forever dog bed has polyfill stuffing which is responsible for the memory foam effect. It is extremely soft and fluffy and takes on your dog’s body contour with time for customized comfort. The polyester based material also offers the benefit of breathability which comes in handy with minimizing odors.
If you are worried about night-time potty accidents ruining the bed then you will appreciate the waterproof liner on this dog bed. It is designed to keep moisture out of the filling layer whether it is drool, pee or even sweat. This makes the bed durable and also contributes to minimizing funky smells.
The bed is also designed to make maintenance easy and convenient for you as the dog owner. When it comes to cleaning up, you can easily remove the outer cover and have a proper deep cleaning. The best part is that it is also machine washable so you do not have to do too much of the dirty work.
With its high-quality construction and numerous perks for both you and your pooch, this is easily one of the best memory foam dog beds on the market. It is definitely worth the investment if you are in the market for a bed offering premium quality materials, maximum comfort and easy maintenance.
- Friends’ Forever memory foam dog bed features cushioned bolsters and a padded foam design that are both effective at providing ample pressure points and joints support for sleeping dogs.
- The special anti-tear cover of the Friends Forever memory foam dog bed is designed to resist and prevent damage, either from a pooch’s claws or teeth, to the bed.
- The non-slip, non-skid bottom that comes with this memory foam dog bed helps to keep the product firmly in place and prevent it from sliding around when climbed by a pooch.
- The cover of this memory foam dog bed product is removable and can be machine-washed for easy and convenient maintenance.
- Additionally, the cover material of the Friends Forever memory foam bed doesn’t retain fur, thereby making it easy for customers to get rid of loose dog hair by just brushing the bed.
- Many customers have commented that this memory foam bed product comes with an overwhelming chemical smell that refuses to go away, even after airing the bed for a few days.
- There have also been reports about this bed’s liners not doing enough to keep dog accidents from seeping through and staining the floor.
#2 BarkBox Memory Foam Dog Bed
The BarkBox option is unique in that it uses therapeutic gel for the memory foam effect. It offers the same body contour support effect as polyester stuffing for your dog’s comfort. This makes it every bit as effective and worth the investment.
The gel has an additional cooling effect that keeps the bed nice and chill for the pooch. This makes it a great alternative to consider if your dog is suffering from inflammatory orthopedic problems.
The dog bed also has a removable waterproof cover. This protects the inner gel layer from damage from liquids whether it is dog pee or wet paw. The removable cover is also machine washable which makes maintenance a breeze.
The dog will also enjoy the plush cover on the bed’s top side. In addition to being soft to feel it offers an additional layer of ergonomic memory support. This is designed to further improve on their comfort whether they are fast asleep or just lounging with you in the living room.
This memory foam dog bed is definitely worth it if you are shopping on a tight budget. It offers both support and comfort for your dog whether or not they have orthopedic problems. It is also really easy to maintain which will make your life as the pet owner a lot easier.
- The high-density pressure-relieving foam of BarkBox’s memory foam dog bed is effective at relieving canine body aches, arthritis pains, joint pains, as well as discomfort from hip dysplasia.
- The temperature-regulating gel memory foam top of this BarkBox product ensures that dogs can remain cool while sleeping by actively pulling heat away from the pooch’s body and promoting better airflow.
- The BarkBox memory foam dog bed is available in multiple size options – Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, and XX-Large – to ensure compatibility with different dog sizes.
- The zippered cover of this memory foam dog bed can be conveniently removed to provide customers with an easy way of washing and maintaining the bed.
- This memory foam dog bed product from BarkBox also comes with a complimentary toy that can help to prevent canine boredom.
- There have been several reports of dogs chewing through this memory foam dog bed with relative ease, thereby casting doubts over its chew-proof nature.
- There are no replacement covers available for the BarkBox memory foam dog bed in the event that the existing cover gets damaged.
#3 PetFusion Ultimate Memory Foam Dog Bed
This bed features a combination of memory foam filling materials. Polyester makes up 65% and is responsible for the plush, ergonomic support offered to the dog.
Cotton is the second material and makes up 35% of the filling. It is responsible for offering soft yet firm support which is great for keeping your dog’s pressure points taken care of as they sleep. This unique combination makes the bed very comfortable for the dog, as well as promotes aeration to keep it cool.
The base of the mattress has a no-skid base. This makes the bed ideal for lounging and playrooms where your dog will be constantly hopping on and off the bed. That way you do not have to worry about them skidding into danger as they do what dogs do best, play.
This is a good option to look into if you want a memory foam that offers firmer support. It is also wonderful as a lounging day bed for the playful pooch.
- The PetFusion memory foam bed has a filled outer bolster that provides support for a dog’s head and neck while also making it possible for a pooch to nestle.
- The durable cotton and polyester twill cover of this PetFusion memory foam bed is soft and gentle on the skin and ensures that a pooch remains comfortable while lying on the bed.
- The water-resistant design of this PetFusion product helps to slow down the rate of water absorption for quick cleaning, thereby preventing the floor from being stained by dog urine.
- The PetFusion memory foam dog bed comes with a hefty 36-month warranty that caters to damages to the product, due to manufacturing errors, within that period.
- The zippered design of this Memory Foam dog bed cover makes it possible for customers to remove and wash the cover for convenient cleaning.
- Several customers have reportedly found it difficult to remove hair that sticks to this memory foam bed’s outer cover, even with the use of a lint roller.
- There have been multiple reports of water and liquids, in general, seeping through the memory foam’s waterproof liner.
#4 Dogbed4less Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Dogbed4Less bed stands out from others in the memory foam niche with its filling design. It features gel infused memory foam which combines the best of both worlds. Your dog will enjoy the fluffy plush comfort of the memory foam fiber as well as the firm yet ergonomic support of the gel.
The cover on this dog bed is also worth celebrating as it offers the perfect combination of comfort, aesthetics and functionality. It is made out of 100% cotton denim which makes it soft and breathable for a cozy night’s sleep. It is also durable and very easy to maintain as it is washing machine friendly.
This is a fantastic choice of dog bed especially if you are shopping for a fussy sleeper. With the comfort features it has to offer, your pooch will be down and out as soon as they hit the bed.
- The gel-infused Dogbed4less memory foam bed is effective at regulating temperature, thereby helping to keep pooches either warm or cool, depending on the weather.
- The anti-skid bottom side of this premium memory foam product helps to keep the bed firmly in place and prevent it from shifting under a pooch’s weight.
- Dogbed4less’ memory foam bed features a bonus microsuede brown second external cover that ensures that a pooch can continue using the bed while the main cover is being washed.
- The internal zipper cover of this memory foam dog bed also doubles as a waterproof liner that works to prevent doggie accidents from seeping through and making a mess on the floor.
- The high-density foam of this Dogbed4less product conforms to a dog’s body shape to provide maximum comfort and support for the pooch’s joints and pressure points.
- The microsuede cover that comes with this memory foam dog bed tends to leave scratch marks, which can be difficult to be removed from hardwood floors.
- Despite assurances from the manufacturer, several customers have claimed that this memory foam product isn’t durable enough to withstand chewing from their dogs.
#5 Brindle Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Dog Bed
This dog bed features a combination of 2 inches of heavy density foam and 2 inches of memory foam. This makes the bed ideal if you do want something that is just right; not too plush and not too firm. It is particularly awesome for even extra large breed dogs as their heavier bodies require a bit more support than what many simple memory foam options have to offer.
You are also guaranteed safety with the bed’s anti-skid base. This comes in particularly handy with its flat, open pad design. That way, even if your big furry bestie wanders in their sleep and rolls off the bed it will remain in place ready for them when they roll back on.
This is an excellent memory foam dog bed especially if you are shopping for a bigger or older dog that needs space, support and comfort.
- The Brindle designer memory foam dog bed conforms to a pooch’s body shape to help relieve and eliminate any pressure points that make the dog uncomfortable.
- The inclusion of a waterproof layer beneath this product’s external cover improves the bed’s capacity to resist and prevent doggie accidents from seeping through and making a mess on the floor.
- The Brindle memory foam dog bed is designed with a removable cover that can be machine-washed for convenient cleaning and maintenance.
- This memory foam bed product for dogs includes a non-slip base material that prevents the bed from uncomfortably sliding around on relatively smooth surfaces.
- This designer memory foam dog bed product from Brindle is available in multiple sizes and color options to enable customers to make purchases based on their pooch’s size and individual preferences.
- This Brindle product isn’t chew-proof or scratch-resistant and it can be easily torn into shreds by a pooch.
- Brindle doesn’t produce or sell replacement covers for customers that wish to replace their bed’s existing covers.
#6 JOYELF Memory Foam Dog Bed
One of the best features of this bed is the presence of padded bolsters. These create a nice nook effect which is ideal not only for maximum comfort but also for support. It is a wonderful choice for puppies who often roll out of flat pad beds but is also suitable for older dogs who like to get nice and cozy.
The bolsters and the base all have high-quality memory foam padding. This ensures full ergonomic support from all sides for your beloved pooch. The thick and plush cover further adds to this coziness and feels like a warm cuddle for your dog as they drift off to sleep.
If you are drawn to the padded bolster dog bed style then this is definitely worth looking into for all rounded support and comfort for your dog.
- JOYELF’s memory foam bed features cotton-padded pillow bolsters on all sides to offer additional protection and support for a dog’s neck, as well as relieve neck pain caused by fatigue and discomfort.
- The high-density memory foam used for this JOYELF product is effective at cushioning a dog’s pressure points and improving canine body alignment.
- The base of the JOYELF memory foam dog bed is lined with tiny rubber particles to provide the bed with a firm grip and prevent it from sliding around the floor.
- Customers can choose from different size variants of the JOYELF memory foam bed, ranging from small to xx-large, to provide optimal comfort and support for their canine buddies.
- Customers can conveniently remove and machine-wash this bed’s cover for easy maintenance, and it is equally straightforward to find and remove loose dog hair from the cover.
- Several customers have claimed that this orthopedic bed product from JOYELF was too hard for their pooches to comfortably sleep on.
- There have also been reports of this memory foam bed coming with a strong chemical smell that doesn’t fade off, even after airing the product for a couple of days.
#7 Furhaven Memory Foam Dog Bed
This bed is built to ensure maximum comfort for your bed. In addition to the plus memory foam mattress, it has a spacious open mat design which is particularly awesome for large dogs. They get all the space they need to spread out those aging and possibly aching joints. It also has a unique curved design that makes it that offers additional ergonomic support.
The cover is faux fur which the dog will enjoy as it kind of feels like they are cuddling with another pooch. In addition to this coziness factor, the faux fur is gentle on the dog’s fur as well as bare surfaces like paws and the nose.
This is another good alternative for large dogs as it offers the right amount of space and support. It is also worth considering if you are shopping for a pair of small breed dogs that love to cuddle.
- Furhaven’s memory foam bed features a special ergonomic design that slopes and gently conforms to a dog’s body shape to provide additional orthopedic support.
- The sleeping surface of this Furhaven dog bed is produced with thick and soft faux fur material that is firm, yet comfortable for a pooch to sleep on for extended periods.
- The Furhaven memory foam is available in several color options to provide a seamless blend with existing home décor, as well as multiple size options to ensure compatibility with different dog sizes.
- The water-resistant poly canvas panel of this memory foam product is effective at preventing dog waste from passing through the bed and messing up the floor.
- For ease of maintenance, the cover of this memory foam bed is designed to be removable and machine-washable.
- There are doubts about the durability of this memory foam product, as several customers have reported that the bed’s cover began to tear apart at the seams, especially after washing.
- The absence of non-slip material on the base of this memory foam bed usually results in the bed sliding around when used on smooth surfaces.
#8 KOPEKS 7-Inch Thick High Grade Memory Foam Dog Bed
What makes this KOPEKS dog bed stand out is just how thick it is. At 7 inches in depth, it is one of the thickest options on the market which makes it ideal if you are looking for something with firmer support. It is filled with high-quality, hypoallergenic memory foam which offers ergonomic support for your dog for maximum comfort.
The bed also stands out as one of the few on the market with a built-in pillow. This is a feature that mainly older dogs will enjoy as they get somewhere to rest their heads when fully sprawled out. The pillow is made out of the same lush memory foam making it just as comfortable as any other part of the bed.
This KOPEKS dog bed is unique and would be ideal if you want to give the built-in pillow design a try. It is particularly useful with larger dogs especially if you have one with a snoring problem as they get better head support.
- KOPEKS’ orthopedic dog bed product comes with dual zippered covers that offer additional protection against messes caused by canine urine and poop.
- This memory foam dog bed features a built-in headrest pillow that provides neck and head support and also makes it more convenient for a pooch to nestle.
- The soft micro-suede cover of this KOPEKS bed provides a soft and cozy surface for pooches to feel comfortable while sleeping or simply lying down.
- The anti-slip rubber bottom of this KOPEKS product ensures that the bed remains firm on the ground when it is being slept on by a pooch.
- The orthopedic design of KOPEKS’ memory foam bed provides relief for dogs with joint and muscle discomfort, as well as pooches suffering from other joint-related medical conditions such as arthritis and dysplasia.
- Multiple customers claim that this memory foam dog bed doesn’t fully expand after it has been unboxed.
- There has also been feedback about the foam material used to manufacture this KOPEKS bed being too firm for pooches to comfortably sleep on.
#9 The Dog’s Bed Memory Foam Dog Bed
This bed combines 2 inches of memory foam and 4 inches of support foam. The memory foam offers ergonomic support for the entire body but is particularly useful in cases of bone and joint problems. The support foam on the other hand is just the right amount of thickness to counter the dog’s body’s pressure. That way they do not sink into the bed to the point where it is no longer comfortable.
The top surface of the bed features a fluffy and comfortable faux suede cover that feels amazing to touch. This will definitely make the dog’s night as they roll around in the warm and soft fabric.
You could also look into this model if you want a bed with a built-in pillow as well as firm support for the dog. As with other pillow options, this is ideal for older and/or larger dogs.
- This memory foam dog bed comes with an in-built headrest that ensures that a dog can sleep without putting excess pressure on its neck and head.
- The easy-clean cover of this dog bed product can be conveniently vacuumed, wiped clean, or even machine-washed to eliminate dog drool, hair, and other stains.
- The waterproof mattress protector of this memory foam bed is effective at catching and retaining messes from dog accidents before they can be cleaned, thereby making it an ideal product for pooches suffering from incontinence.
- The memory foam material of this bed is gentle on pooches suffering from joint and mobility issues, such as hip and elbow dysplasia, patella luxation, and arthritis.
- This memory foam dog bed is produced in multiple size and color variants to provide customers with the ability to make purchases based on their dogs’ specific needs and preferences.
- According to comments left by some customers, the fabric of this memory foam bed tends to make a lot of noise when the dog sleeping on the bed moves.
- There are multiple reports of this memory foam bed being thinner than advertised, with the bed reportedly failing to expand after unboxing.
Memory Foam Dog Beds Buyer’s Guide
With so many styles of memory foam dog beds on the market, you might find it hard to narrow it down to the best option. And all those technical terms and vague specifications do not really make your life any easier.
Well, you have come to the right place. In the sections below, you will learn all you need to about the key feature variations with memory foam dog beds and what they all mean for you.
Bolsters VS Flatbeds
Bolsters are basically flatbeds with padded arms. It could be an all-around enclosure or on three sides to create a nook. These offer the benefit of keeping the bed nice and warm, which is perfect for both puppies and really old dogs. It is also worth considering if your dog sleeps in a curled-up position or tends to roll off the bed as it offers them additional support.
Flatbeds, on the other hand, are just that, flatbeds. The open pads are worth considering if your dog sleeps sprawled out as they get plenty of space to work with. They are also excellent options for play beds as the dog can easily hop on and off as they please without tripping over any raised part.
How Thick Should It Be?
The thickness of the bed depends a lot on your dog. Very thick beds usually include additional layers, whether it is a gel foam or support foam layer. These are best for dogs that need firm support, especially in orthopedic cases.
Thinner beds of about 4 inches, on the other hand, are significantly plusher and take the dog’s form more than the thicker options. This makes them perfect for lighter dogs, including puppies and small breed pooches.
Fabric VS Gel Memory Foam
For the most part, memory foam mattresses are filled with fabric. This is beneficial for offering flexible and ergonomic support to the dog. Filling fabric is also breathable, which further contributes to comfort.
Gel foam, on the other hand, is a little bit firmer though just as comfortable and flexible. It is, therefore, a good option for dogs that need that extra bit of support. The gel also has a nice cooling effect that would come in handy in many orthopedic conditions.
Indoor VS Outdoor Memory Foam Beds
You need to take it into consideration while shopping for your dog bed, whether you plan on using it inside or in an outdoor dog kennel.
With outdoor beds, one of the most important things to factor in is the bed’s weather resistance. This means that you need a bed with waterproof lining material as well as covers that are resilient as they will be exposed to a lot of potentially damaging factors. You also need to consider the size of the kennel as the last thing you want is a bed that is either too big or small for your pooch’s home.
With indoor beds, on the other hand, anything goes. You can get whatever size you want; whatever material draws your eye, and features like waterproof lining become more of fun bonuses than must-haves.
If our top 9 are anything to go by, there are clearly many options for your dog to live like royalty. You just have to take your time and pick the right bed. Our number one pick is Friends Forever Memory Foam Dog Bed, which will definitely not disappoint you or your dog with its high-quality construction, comfort features, and ease of maintenance.
The other eight beds are also worthy contenders depending on your specific priorities and preferences. Just use the information on the shopping guide to figure out what different features mean for you and your dog, and you should arrive at the best conclusion.