The best dog multivitamin is Wholistic Pet Organics Canine Complete Multivitamins.
Dogs are said to be man’s best friend and have gained the distinction of being among the most popular pets. Just like human beings, dogs have dietary and nutritional requirements that need to be met.
Your pooches could develop vitamin deficiency if their diet is not well-balanced. That’s why we have curated a list of multi-vitamins that are specially formulated for your furry friend.
#1 Wholistic Pet Organics Canine Complete Multivitamins
- For Dog’s Daily Health: Canine Complete is a premium dog supplement loaded with multivitamins for dogs and a key...
- See The Results: This daily dog vitamin powder features organic ingredients which are easily digestible when mixed into...
- Restore Your Pet’s Gut Health: No fillers, synthetics, GMO’s or artificial flavoring, only natural ingredients for a...
If you have been looking for the best multivitamin supplement for the best health of your canine, then you just got one in this multi-vitamin. It’s an all-in-one supplement that contains vitamins, minerals, prebiotics, probiotics, fatty acids, and antioxidants to keep your pooch healthy.
What we really liked is that it’s made locally in the US and certified by the NASC (National Animal Supplement Council).
This is a natural product that will provide your pooch with all its vitamin needs effectively. Made using natural whole food ingredients, this multivitamin is an excellent all-around product for a healthy and strong canine.
- Contains raw and natural food products
- No artificial additive
- Contains essential vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants
- Has digestive enzymes and microflora
- Available in 5 different package sizes
- Regulated by NASC
#2 NaturVet 4-In-1 Dog Multivitamin
- HIGH-QUALITY HEALTH SUPPLEMENT FOR DOGS: Give your pet the nutritional support that provides four different health...
- NUTRITIONAL PET SUPPLEMENTS: Ensure that your canine companion receives the nutrients he needs with these All-In-One...
- WHOLESOME DOG SUPPLEMENTS: NaturVet All-in-One Dog Supplement features glucosamine and chondroitin for pet joint...
Most of the time, dog owners fail to get the right supplement for their furry friends as they can be expensive.
This multivitamin supplement beats that, and it’s a proven good source of essential vitamins and minerals for your canine. It is veterinarian formulated and made locally in an FDA audited, cGMP compliant facility in the U.S.A.
This all-in-one product is excellent for your dog’s vitamin needs and is also favorable to your budget. Did we also mention that it comes with a 100% money back guarantee?
- Tasty and easily chewable
- Has some digestive enzymes in its ingredients
- Supports digestion, healthy and shiny coat, and provides joint support
- Available in 2 variants – 60 counts and 120 counts
#3 Zesty Paws Dog Multivitamins
- 8-in-1 Formula - Zesty Paws Multifunctional Bites are functional supplement chews with premium ingredients and...
- Skin Health & Antioxidants – For animals with sensitive skin, this formula contains Cod Liver Fish Oil and Vitamin E...
- Hip, Joint & Performance Support - Each dog chew features OptiMSM, a premium form of MSM for muscular support, which...
This is a very great product for your beloved canine as it provides the vitamins and minerals and helps to promote good digestive function, healthy joints, and a shiny coat. It contains glucosamine and chondroitin which aid in maintaining the health of your pet.
The Zesty paws multivitamin for dogs is a great supplement that could help to promote a healthy immune system in your canine companion. With a chewable chicken flavor bite-sized tablet, you can give it as a treat to your pooch.
- The 5-in-1 formula is excellent for skin and coat care
- Designed to provide vitamins and minerals
- Contains digestive enzymes and probiotics
- Comes in the flavor of chicken and peanut butter
- 90 soft chews in a pack
#4 PetHonesty 10-In-1 Dog Multivitamins
- 10 Benefits in 1 Daily Treat - Our Multivitamin for dogs combine a well-rounded blend of the most essential dog vitamins...
- Dog Joint Supplement with Glucosamine - These natural chewable vitamins for dogs have high amounts of glucosamine for...
- Help Improve Digestion with 1 Billion CFU Probiotics - These nutritional one-a-day dog vitamins contain probiotics and...
If you are looking for a single product with multiple benefits, then your search has come to an end. The 10-in-1 dog multivitamin supplement with glucosamine will provide your canine with a lot of benefits to improve its well-being.
With 1 Billion CFU Probiotics, it helps to improve your dog’s digestive system.
This is an excellent product for your pet pooch owing to its multiple benefits especially its inflammatory properties that boost the immunity of your furry friend.
- Contains vitamin A, C, and D3
- 90 soft chew treats in one pack
- Keeps skin and coat healthy
#5 Pet MD Advanced Multivitamins For Dogs
- Natural advanced formula vitamin and mineral supplement promotes health and energy in young active puppies, working, or...
- 365 delicious daily use tablets can be given as a chewable treat or crumbled into food. Dogs love eating these delicious...
- High quality source of protein promotes skin and coat to help your dog stay healthy and look great.
This is a nice product for your pooch to satisfy its vitamins and minerals’ needs. It comes in the form of chewable tablets.
In one bottle, there are 365 tablets. One for each day of the year. This means that a daily dose supply is enough to last your canine companion for a full year. It is made locally in the US using a Federally Regulated Manufacturing Facility.
This supplement is good for your canine’s nutritional need regardless of its age. We really liked that the manufacturers have tested this product to be safe from E-Coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus Aureus, Coliforms, Yeast, mold and More.
- A natural formula that is suitable for dogs of all ages
- 365 chewable tabs in a single package
- A good protein source
- Promotes skin and coat integrity
#6 Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite Chewables For Dogs
- Supports Overall Health - Made with beneficial vitamins and minerals that complement your dog's diet including B-complex...
- Supports Skin Health - Vitamin A supports normal skin and mucous membrans while fighting free radicals
- Optimal Absorption - Vitamin D facilitates proper absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
It’s a known fact that some supplements may prove to be hard for your pooch to take. That’s why if you are feeding your canine friend supplements directly, it’s best to choose one that comes in a great taste.
From our research, dog parents really liked the Nutria-Vet Multi-Vite Chewables because it’s great tasting for their pooches.
- Easy to consume
- Suitable for dogs between the ages of 1 to 7 years
- Contains B-complex vitamins
- Excellent for a healthy nervous system and liver muscles
- Available in 3 options – 60, 120 and 180 counts
#7 WetNozeHealth Dog Vitamins
- TURMERIC, YUCCA, CANINE PROBIOTIC BLEND – Exciting New Formula - The only canine vitamin supplements for dogs to...
- ESSENTIAL VITAMINS AND MINERALS - Advanced formula chewable Multivitamin for dogs contains vitamins A, C, D, E, Niacin,...
- CHICKEN FLAVOR VITAMIN DOG TREATS - These 4-gram chicken flavor, daily soft chews taste so good your dog will love them!...
This product is a nice blend of ingredients for your canine’s health. The multivitamin supplement has turmeric and chicken flavor that goes out of its way to improve its overall taste.
It is also soft – suitable for chewing by your pet pooch, making it easy to ingest.
This is an excellent multivitamin product with additional benefits to help promote skin integrity and joint strength.
- Made from natural and safe products in the USA
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, B2, and B12
- Soft and easily chewable treats
- Promotes healthy skin, hair, eyes, brain and bone health
- Relief from constipation and reduces allergies
#8 Pet-Tabs Original Formula Vitamin Supplement
- Health Insurance for Cents a Day.
- Formerly called Pet-Tabs Supplements (regular formula).
- Chewable Tablets that Dogs LOVE!.
This is a great vitamin supplement that comes in the form of tasty chewable tablets that your pooch will love. The tabs contain ample vitamins and minerals, as well as other essential ingredients that are important for your canine’s health.
The vitamin supplement provides essential vitamins and minerals along with minerals for your dog’s food. The tables are easy to administer and can be given as a treat.
- Maintains your canine’s coat and skin
- Easily chewable tablets
- Provides key vitamins and minerals for a boosted immunity in your dog
- Comes in two variants – 180 and 365 counts
#9 Buddy & Lola Multivitamin Dog Chews
- SUPPORTS IMMUNE SYSTEM HEALTH WITH VITAMIN A, C & E: These nutrients are essential for dog’s muscle fitness & health,...
- SUPPORTS STRONG BONES & TEETH WITH MAGNESIUM & CALCIUM: Not all commercial pet foods contain enough nutrients that your...
- HELPS MAINTAIN OPTIMUM HEALTH IN DOGS & PUPPIES: This proven supplement is suitable for all breeds, sizes, ages and...
The Buddy & Lola Multivitamin helps to support the immune system of your dog with its formulated vitamin A, C & E.
It also contains calcium and magnesium which are essential for the overall good health of your pet. Similar to most canine multivitamins, it comes in soft chew for your dog’s easier consumption.
Buddy & Lola Multivitamin Chews for Dog is an excellent supplement that will also provide additional minerals along with the vitamins. It’s on a pricier side and there are cheaper alternatives in the market which provides the same multivitamins content.
- Contains calcium to support bone’s development
- Suitable for both adult dogs & puppies
- 30 tasty chew treats
- Beef and vegetable flavor
#10 ZPAW Daily Multi-Vitamins For Dogs
- Our natural dog company makes the best vitamins for dogs needing strong immunity as our dog multivitamin is a kennel...
- Our dog treats contain essential nutrients such as prenatal vitamins, probiotic for dogs, vegan alternative to wild...
- Our dog supplements & vitamins are tasty dog chews serving as a dog pill pocket, senior dog supplements, dog arthritis...
ZPAW is committed to providing high-quality products for every pet across the globe. The ZPAW Multivitamins For Dogs is a great tasty treat made from natural ingredients. They are well formulated with various vitamins, minerals, and other antioxidants. It is meant to improve the digestion and appetite of your furry friend.
Dogs of all ages can use this multivitamin. It improves life quality and helps to promote healthy skin/coat.
- Contains vitamins and mineral salts
- Promotes bone growth and supports the nervous system
- Comes in bacon, chicken, and beef flavor
- Provide support to the immune system
- Available in two variants: 60 and 180 soft chews
#11 Rx Vitamins Essentials 8 Oz/226.8g Powder For Dogs
- Calcium citrate for bone health
- Spirulina‚ microscopic algae that supports your dog’s immune system and digestive health
- Defatted‚ desiccated beef liver‚ which is rich in protein and iron
This is a great supplement for a young pup as it contains rich amount of vitamins and minerals to support a healthy immune system and calcium that will promote good bone health.
It also contains protein and iron extracts which make it an all-around supplement for your pet.
This is a versatile supplement that will provide a range of nutrients for the well-being of your pooch. Served in a powder form, you can mix this multivitamin with your dog’s daily diet.
- Contains defatted beef liver for proteins and iron
- Infused with malt dextrin for energy
- Promotes good bacteria growth in your canine’s stomach
#12 Nupro Nutri-Pet All Natural Supplement For Dogs
- All Natural Dog Supplement
- Does Not Contain Corn Or Wheat
- Helps promote hair growth, repel fleas, improves appetite
This supplement is made from all-natural products. It contains no artificial additives that can be potential harmful to your furry friend.
Apart from that, it promises a flea repellent property, which we found to be an unverified claim.
It is an entirely natural canine supplement and doesn’t contain any wheat or corn.
- An all-natural supplement
- Controls itchy and flaky skin
- Repel fleas, enhances digestion and promotes hair growth (Unverified)
- Available in 4 different sizes
#13 Milk-Bone Good Morning Daily Vitamin Dog Treats
- Contains (1) 15 ounce bottle of daily vitamin treats for dogs
- Tastes like a treat works like a vitamin
- Each formulation has a unique blend of nutrients to help support specific functions and is not 100% complete and...
Made with without any artificial flavorings or preservatives, the Milk-Bone Vitamin Dog Treats help support your dog’s immune system. It comes in the form of chicken-flavored regular treats which is loved by pooches.
Made without any artificial flavorings, it helps to promote healthier joints and supports your dog’s overall well-being.
- Great tasting
- Supports your four-legged companion immune system
- Fortified with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids to promote healthy skin
- Available in 5 different sizes
#14 ProSense Dog Multivitamin
- MULTIVITAMIN FOR DOGS: Formulated with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to support overall canine wellness.
- FOR ALL LIFE STAGES: Appropriate for all puppies, adult and senior dogs.
- FOR ALL DOGS: Suitable for everyday use in all breeds and sizes – see product label for dosing instructions.
The ProSense multivitamin is a chewable tab supplement which is suitable for dogs of all ages. This supplement helps to support the overall wellness of your furry friend.
It is an inexpensive option that helps to support the overall wellness of your dog.
- Easily chewable tablets
- Supports the overall wellness of your pooch
- 90 chewable tablets in each pack
#15 Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus Chewable Tablets with MSM
- #1 Veterinarian Recommended
- Your veterinarian may suggest Cosequin supplements if your dog is having difficulties climbing stairs, jumping into the...
- Cosequin supplements are formulated to meet a variety of needs
This is a nice multivitamin for your canine that comes with additional minerals that help to support bone and joint strength.
The Nutramax Cosequin supplement is a suitable multivitamin to help support the mobility functions of your furry companion. It contains MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), which helps to provide good joint and bone health.
- Contains MSM – essential for bone and joint strength
- Suitable for dogs of all ages and sizes
- Comes in two variants of easily chewable tables – 132 and 250 counts.
Dog Multivitamins Buyer’s Guide
We have listed a few multivitamins that make your pooch look great in their appearance and promote general health.
But does your furry friend need these multivitamins?
And what factors should you consider while buying multivitamins?
By the end of this section, you will have answers to these questions. So, let’s get started.
It is a well-known observation that many modern dogs are suffering from various health problems which were not common in canines earlier.
You may ask yourself why that is so. The rise of processed food is replacing the fresh food diet that dogs are accustomed to having in the wild.
Most of these health problems are associated with the processed foods your pooches are consuming nowadays. However, it is hard to avoid giving them this diet because of its availability. The hard truth about the whole scenario is the increasing incidences of dental problems, dog cancers, allergies, obesity, and many diseases.
A dog in the wild is used to a raw diet – herbs, fruits, grass, meat, bones and skin of their prey. That means they get a well-balanced meal. You must ensure your canine friend have a balanced diet too. And a non-balanced diet means your pooch might have a vitamin deficiency.
As dog owners, we truly care for our furry friends and will make sure that they are given the best diet which we can afford. However, there are still times when they need a specific vitamin for their growth. For example, when recovering from medical conditions such as diseases, surgical procedures, pregnancies, they do need a higher dose of multivitamins.
What should you look at before purchasing a multivitamin?
Your canine companion may need a little boost especially when they are not in their best of health.
Multivitamins can help to supplement your dog’s diet and provide nutritional benefits. It is always advisable to consult your local veterinarian prior to giving your pooch any form of supplements. Your veterinarian will be the best person to provide any medical opinions for your dog.
If your dog has a specific vitamin deficiency, then your veterinarian should be able to advise you on the vitamins and minerals to look for. Besides, if your pooch currently on any other medication, your veterinarian should recommend a supplement that will not react negatively with the medication.
Check The Expiry Date – Just as you check the expiry date of your food products, ensure you don’t skip this check when purchasing the multivitamins. An expiry supplement could cause negative side effects such as vomiting, abdominal pains, constipation, diarrhea, or even mortality.
Read The Labels Carefully – This will help you to understand the ingredients that are used in the product. Check if there are additives and artificial colorings that can cause harm to your dog.
Check The Lot Number – Some labels have great ingredients, but that’s not the actual ingredients. That’s why you need to check at the lot number. It tells you that the company did quality checks on the product.
Read Actual Reviews Of Customers – Especially if you are doing online shopping, be sure to check their customer reviews. These customers will mention their experiences with the product and how effective the product was.
Clinical & Laboratory Studies – As a general guideline, lookout for a supplement that has successful clinical results from their laboratory studies. Your veterinarian should be able to help you out.
Avoid Out-Of-The-World Promises – Multivitamins are not meant for curing diseases. Instead, the multivitamins support healing. Avoid multivitamins that provide “too good to be true” claims.
Vitamin E Complex – They are natural antioxidants which are good for your dog’s immune system.
Avoid Calcium & Iron – These 2 compounds may hinder proper absorption. If your dog needs the two minerals, buy two separate multivitamins instead.
Before purchasing any type of multivitamins, you need to think about these dog-related factors.
Age Of Dogs
Dogs usually require different amounts of vitamins and minerals depending on their age. If your puppy is not on a well-balanced diet, then it might need more vitamins. Inversely, an older adult pooch will need a higher amount of supplements to boost their immunity because they are not as healthy anymore.
How Much Does It Cost?
We must emphasize that the multivitamins are for supplementing the food you are feeding your dog. So, you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to buy a single supplement unless it is unavoidable. Always do a price/feature comparison to make sure that you are getting the best supplement at a reasonable price point.
Types Of Ingredients Used
You should avoid multivitamins with fillers, additives, synthetic colorings or any other ingredients that seem dubious.
Some unethical manufacturers might include these filler ingredients to extend the shelf life of their product, which might not be that healthy to your furry friend.
It is also advisable to look out for multivitamins whose nutrients have been activated. Nutrients in their active form tend to be absorbed faster into the bloodstream, hence giving the multivitamins greater effectiveness.
Is Your Dog Active?
Some breed of dogs are great runners and swimmers while others just like sleeping. Depending on the activity level of your furry friend, you might need to tweak the dosage of the multivitamins.
Dogs that are more active in nature could have greater tendencies to develop joint conditions. Therefore, it is important to choose the right multivitamin that matches the lifestyle that your furry friend has.
Your Dog’s Weight
The weight of your dog is an important factor that you should consider before purchasing multivitamins. It affects metabolism and most multivitamins in the market have some certain weight limits to ensure effectiveness.
Your dog’s weight determines the type of multivitamins, the frequency which they can be taken and also the dosage.
For this factor, we highly recommend consulting with a qualified veterinarian first.
Your Dog’s Existing Medication
There are some medications that can interact dangerously with the multivitamins that your pooch consumes. You need to check the ingredients and consult your veterinary doctor for more information.
It’s for the safety and well-being of your canine companion.
Mode Of Consumption
The mode of consumption of multivitamins is another key factor that you should consider. Multivitamins generally come in various methods of consumption such as capsules, tablets, suspensions, and injections.
Injections are easy to administer. However, it may prove to be an inconvenient method if your dog is highly temperamental and will not stay still at the sight of a needle.
Capsules and tablets are a common method of consumption. But if they taste bad, your pooch may refuse to eat them in the future. A trick is to mix the capsules and tablets together with its meal so that the taste is masked out.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure!
Never give your furry friend your “human” vitamins as they can be unsafe for canine’s consumption. Instead, consider an option from our list of recommended multivitamins. These multivitamins are formulated especially for canines and have been used by dog owners all over the US.
We recommend our top pick, the Wholistic Pet Organics Canine Complete Multivitamins, because of its all-in-one trait. With just one single multivitamin, your pooch will be able to get its dose of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants. Besides, it is naturally made without any additives or artificial ingredients.
Grab yours today and keep your pooch healthy!