The best dog litter box is Blyss Pets Klean Paws Indoor Dog Litter Box.
Dogs are great companions – they can be your best friend or cuddle up next to you on the couch while you watch TV. They also require some responsibility in order to keep them healthy and happy.
One of those responsibilities is making sure that they have a safe place to do their business so there are no puddles around your home for them to step in which can make them sick. That is where a dog litter box will come in very handy. It is a plastic tray, specially designed to collect your dog’s nature calls.
It is an inexpensive option and could help your carpets from getting stained with pee or poop marks. Let us explore some of the top-rated and most popular ones so you can find the best dog litter box for your needs.
#1 Blyss Pets Klean Paws Indoor Dog Litter Box
- ♥ KEEPS PAWS DRY ♥ - high quality perforated grate will allow pee to flow directly below your pets feet into the...
- ♥ NO MORE TORN PUPPY PADS ♥ - easy snap on/off grate system will prevent teething puppies from getting to training...
- ♥ SAVE MONEY ON PADS ♥ - since your puppies paws will be dry and they can’t chew them up, you can use pads longer....
Blyss Pets Klean Paws indoor dog litter box comes as the highly recommended grate litter box available on the market today.
This product comes with a perforated grate made from high-quality polypropylene and PVC for enhanced durability. The perforated design allows urine to drain easily and seep into the training pads at the base. This keeps your dog’s paws dry and prevents any unwanted mess.
This indoor canine litter box maximizes the hygiene of both your dog and your house, without the need for frequent mopping.
The grate system is easy to install and remove. It protects teething pups from chewing the pads or newspapers placed below it.
- Pups’ paws stay clean and dry, thanks to the quality perforated grate that passes fluids to the bottom.
- Quality snap-on and snap-off design that are dogproof, keeping dogs away from tampering with the litter pads at the base.
- It can be used by young pups in training or small elderly pets that need a litter box cover to prevent accidents.
- It is easy to clean and is reusable, as long as it remains functional.
- The grate helps to keep pups from stomping on poop and getting floors dirty and messy.
- Dog poop sometimes gets stuck in between the grate holes, and cleaning this mess is not as exciting.
- Active pups can sometimes loosen the grate and get their paws on the litter pads, which can cause a mess everywhere.
#2 PuppyGoHere Dog Litter Pan
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR DOGS: This dog litter pan is designed in such a manner that it can be used with both paper litter...
- GREAT ALTERNATIVES FOR WORKING FAMILIES: The dog litter tray is a great alternative for those who are living in an...
- OPEN TOP LITTER PAN: Open top litter pan to ensure healthy usage (enclosed spaces might cause behavior issues). Plus,...
If you are on a tight budget and wish to purchase a good quality dog litter box, then the PuppyGoHere Dog Litter Pan is your best choice. We really liked the manufacturer’s attention to detail as its design ensures your dog’s comfort and your convenience. It has a lower opening on one of the sides, which dogs can quickly use to get on the litter box.
The lower opening is ideal for those dogs with smaller legs or the ones that are generally ailing or aging. The generous size of the potty is suitable for holding litter, potty training pads, and recycled paper.
If you have a large dog or the shape of your furry buddy’s head is slightly unusual, then this head halter is going to be right up your alley. It works just as well even if you have an aggressive, powerful dog, without troubling them when they are non-aggressive – thanks to its padded noseband and secure but comfortable design.
- Suitable for pups weighing up to 20 lbs and available in three sizes, namely Small, Large, and xlarge.
- Perfect for potty training and senior pets because they always have somewhere to go.
- It is ideal for people who live in apartments as you do not have to worry about taking the pup out every time.
- It is made of an easy-to-clean sturdy material, which will not buckle or break under the weight of heavy waste, and it weighs merely 1.08 lbs to facilitate high portability.
- The pan has raised sides to contain more litter, and it has also a front lip to assist pups (and kittens) with stepping in.
- The pan may be too shallow to hold more litter if the pup uses it very often and is left for long hours during the day to use it.
- Some pups prefer using a flat pad to go, and this means they do not like using this litter box which is raised on the sides.
#3 IRIS Pet Training Pad Floor Tray Litter Boxes
- Hold pet training pads in place and prevent damage from scratching, tearing, and chewing with this easy to clean pet pad...
- Double latch closure locks IRIS neat n' Dry pet training pads securely in place and non-skid rubber feet protects floors...
- Dog potty pad holder has a high polish finish for easy cleaning
This litter box has secured latches to hold the training pads together, hence preventing any unwanted spillages. The high-quality polish finish will also make your cleaning easier.
The 4 non-skid rubber feet help in keeping the litter box in place and protect the floor from scratches. The sides are also raised to efficiently hold the mess inside it without the risk of spilling over.
- There are five sizes of boxes to choose from based on the litter pads you use and the pup breed size.
- Works perfectly with IRIS Neat n’ Dry pet training pads, which can be safely held in place with the double latch closure locks.
- This litter box has non-skid rubber feet that keep it from moving around as well as protect your floors from scratches.
- The pad holder is made of a polished finish which makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Comes with a grate aside from the litter pads, which help keep things clean when training young pups or taking care of senior pets.
- Some pups can chew and yank out the litter pads when they are exposed, damaging the pads in the process.
- The latches can break under pressure, and this means you can’t properly fasten the pads.
#4 OUT! Dog Pad Holder
- UP YOUR GAME - When it comes to protecting your floors from potty time, training pads are fantastic on their own....
- HOLD IT NOW - You know how sometimes your pup scoots the pad across the floor, usually making a mess. Yeah, that...
- HIT IT - There are raised edges all the way around the pad holder, like the walls of a little pee reservoir, to keep the...
Thanks to its sliding latches, this Dog Pad Holder from OUT! is one of the best portable litter boxes. Setting it up is an easy process and it can accommodate any large training pads of 21 by 21 inches or larger.
With its elevated sides, you can be sure that any accidental spillages are minimal.
The pad holder is designed to prevent your pup from shredding and tearing the training pads. The OUT! Floor Protection Dog and Puppy Pad Holder can be easily folded for saving space, especially during travels.
- It is designed to hold pads 21 inches by 21 inches or larger, dimensions of which can cater to pups of various sizes.
- It is easy to lock the pad holder in place, thanks to the sliding latches.
- You can keep the pad in place with the corner grips all around the holder.
- Its unique design lets you fold the holder to store it after use or take it with you on road trips.
- The raised corners of the holder make sure that urine does not flow out of the pad after use.
- The gap in between the foldable base pieces may sometimes cause leakage if and when they are not snapped into place properly.
- Active doggies can still yank out the exposed pad and chew on it.
#5 Richell Paw Trax Mesh Training Tray
- The snap-in frame holds the doggy pad firmly in place and keeps dogs from chewing the pads
- The tray provides superior protection to floor surfaces when used with doggy pad
- Comes in three colors to fit your dog's personality; choose from brown, green and pink
Made from durable materials, the Richell Paw Trax Mesh Training Tray is one of the most efficient litter boxes in the market currently.
The pads are firmly held in place by the snap-in frame. This prevents the pads from shifting and also prevents curious dogs from chewing the pads.
The design comes in handy as it is easier to train dogs with it. It is designed to protect your floor from scratches and spillages. An added bonus is that it comes in 3 different colors to match your home décor.
- It comes with a perforated tray that snaps in the frames of the base easily and firmly to keep pups from accessing the pads; plus, the tray comes in three colors to choose from, namely, Brown, Green, and Pink.
- Its dimensions are 25.2 inches long by 18.9 inches wide by 1.6 inches thick, ideal for small dog breeds.
- Works best with Trax Mesh pads which come in 30 or 50 packs that are sold separately but are a money-saver.
- The lightweight design lets you use it in any potty training situation indoors, outdoors, or during travel.
- The tray design protects your floors and surfaces from being messy after your pup uses it.
- The shallow design means that slightly larger or heavier pups can still get their pups wet or messy after stepping on it.
- Active and teething pups can break bits of the tray, and this poses a choking hazard to them
#6 Any Pet Indoor Dog Training Toilet
- Simple Clean Up - Removable mesh grate makes cleaning a breeze. High quality mesh grate design to allow quick and easy...
- Practical - Great for indoor potty training new puppies. Great solution that offers pet owners and pets the flexibility...
- Versatile - This durable and portable pet potty trays can be used in any situation and be taken practically anywhere....
This is yet another litter box with a high-quality perforated grate to separate the training pads or newspaper from the paws of your dog. Urine flows down easily without messing your pup’s feet, keeping their paws dry. This comes in handy when you want to keep both your house and the dog hygienic.
The high-quality perforated grate protects curious and teething dogs from chewing the training pads. This means the durability of the pads is assured as well.
- Its versatile design means this product can be used indoors, outdoors or while traveling.
- Comes with a high-quality mesh grate which is easy to detach and clean.
- Comes with two secure locks that hold the grate in place and keep pups from tearing at the litter pads.
- Comes in a convenient size of 21.2 inches long by 1.3 inches thick by 16.5 inches wide, and weighs only 1.95 lbs, making it easy to move and carry.
- It is ideal for training young pups and gives senior pets a place to go at any time.
- The plastic material of the grate is found to be rather thin and is thus prone to splintering, and its pieces can pose a choking hazard for your doggie.
- The paws of heavier pups can get stuck between the grate holes and also get wet after stepping on the tray.
Dog Litter Boxes Buyer’s Guide
Dog owners with a small space or no yard can use dog litter boxes. It is important to have enough room for your pooch to turn around and lie down comfortably, but that doesn’t mean you need acres of land!
Litter boxes are easy to clean and maintain, as well as provide the opportunity for your pet to develop good potty habits without having an accident in the house. What’s great about these litter boxes is that they’re designed specifically for your pup. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors so you can find the perfect style for your home and pet preferences. The best thing about these products? You don’t have to clean up after your furry friend anymore.
We have identified 6 of the best dog litter boxes. Our buyer’s guide will take you through a few factors to consider before making the purchase.
Related: Best Artificial Grass For Dogs
Why You Should Buy A Dog Litter Box?
Aging dogs could develop weak bladders and are not able to make it outside in time when nature calls.
A handicapped or injured dog may also have these bladder control issues, and you can alleviate them from the pain of moving to the backyard. They also come in handy for physically challenged owners as they will not have to walk their dogs all the time when nature calls.
Related: Best Indoor Dog Potty
Location Of Home
Where a person lives also determines whether you need a dog litter box or not. People who live in apartments are more likely to own a potty trainer as it can be inconvenient to walk downstairs or to have to wait for the elevator every time.
It is both tiring and inconvenient as your dog will have no one to take them out whenever you are not around. People that live in apartments are less likely to have backyards that provide enough space for their pooch to freely walk around and go on about their business without making a mess. In all these instances, a canine litter box can come in handy.
During heavy rain or snow, it might not be convenient to bring your furry friend out for its nature calls. In these cases, do consider getting a canine litter box as a backup. It is a more convenient alternative to having your dog pee & poop stains all over your carpet.
Different Types Of Dog Litter Boxes
There are different types of litter boxes available for you to purchase.
Conventional Littler Box
This is the traditional litter box which just has high walls to prevent spillage. You can either put some odor-absorbing granules or recycled paper. They are fuss-free, easy to clean, and inexpensive.
Dog Pee Pad Holders
Sheets of fabric or newspapers are placed inside a box where your dog can urinate and poop.
It’s similar to the pee pad holders but works better. The high-quality perforated plastic helps to keep the dog’s paws dry as the urine flows into the training pad or newspaper below.
It is most ideal for teething dogs as they cannot chew the training pads.
There are two types of grass litter boxes – real grass and synthetic grass. What we liked about the real grass litter boxes is that it provides your pooch the same experience as they would get outside. However, it tends to have a shorter lifespan and you must replace it after the real grass has died.
Another option is the synthetic grass litter box, which is more durable and doesn’t die off. However, based on feedback provided by dog parents, some dogs might have trouble adjusting to faux grass.
Consider The Size
Although a litter box isn’t a place where your dogs will spend much of their time, it is still highly recommended to get one that is directly proportional to their size.
Getting a smaller litter box as compared to the dog’s size will risk spillage. Your dog might also not be comfortable using it.
The Material Matters
The material used to manufacture the litter boxes are an important consideration too.
Some of them are made from certain fabrics, plastics, or even real/synthetic grass. Take your time to research the pros and cons of each material before settling on one. In general, plastic litter boxes tend to be the most durable option among them all.
The better the material, the longer it can last. Moreover, if your dog has chewing tendencies and teething, it may be best to avoid litter boxes with potty training pads exposed as they may get injured trying to chew them. The recommended options for these dogs are plastic grates or grass litter boxes.
How Much Does It Cost?
As a dog parent, you have a limited budget with you. Make sure to get a canine litter box that will give you value for your money. That’s where our list will come in handy. We have identified a few options that we think will give you the best value for your purchase.
Related: Best Outdoor Dog Toilets
Keep Your House Sanitary & Clean!
Getting a dog litter box can be rather confusing due to the different litter boxes available in the market.
Take your time and read through our buyer’s guide before settling on an ideal litter box for your pooch.
From our research, the Blyss Pets Klean Paws Indoor Dog Litter Box is our top pick as it is attractively priced, durable and easy to use.