The best artificial grass for dogs is Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf.
A dog owner’s best friend is their pet, and we know that they love to play outside in the sun. With all of this time spent outdoors, it is important for them to have a safe place where they can play without getting hurt or dirty.
One way to do this is by installing artificial grass which will provide your pup with a soft surface for playing on and also makes cleanup easy! Artificial grass provides an easy, low-maintenance solution for busy dog parents who don’t have time to dedicate hours on end to maintaining a natural lawn.
These are also extremely pet-safe, as artificial turf is made from polypropylene fibers that are safe on paws and also do not contain any harmful chemicals such as fertilizers or pesticides.
Let us go over what you need to know about choosing the best artificial grass for dogs and how the installation can be done yourself at home!
#1 Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf
- THICK & REALISTIC ARTIFICAL GRASS RUG: Grass height about 1.37” in length, 70 oz total weight per square yard,...
- PERFORMANCE :Made of high quality synthetic material, super durability.Rubber backed with drainage hole,can be dry...
- Save money & Friendly: no mowing, no watering, making it an excellent surface for pets and kids to play on.
The Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf is the perfect choice for all the dog parents out there who deal with limited outdoor space. When you have a tiny lawn, it can become almost impossible to keep the grass looking fresh even with one small dog, let alone multiple pets.
This synthetic turf allows you to easily get rid of all of these problems. You just need to install it once and enjoy a beautiful green space with minimal maintenance. The reason we find that the Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf is so good is because of the well-made draining holes. Thanks to these holes, the pet-friendly synthetic grass drains really well – as good, or even better, than real grass.
It is also super easy to clean your synthetic turf. You just need to spray it with water – the water will drain right through and you’ll have a fresh-looking lawn in a matter of minutes.
We love the Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf because it looks incredibly realistic! Thanks to the high density of the grass and longer individual grass blades than usual, this turf looks just like a freshly mowed lawn. It doesn’t only look real, but it also feels real, so your dogs will surely love it!
- Realistic look thanks to high density and thickness
- 4-tone realistic color
- Draining holes make cleanup super easy
- Comes in 10 different sizes
#2 Golden Moon Realistic Artificial Grass Mat
- 1.Size Options of GOLDEN MOON artificial Grass Mat: 16"x 40", 3'x 8', 6'x 15', 7'x 13'
- 2.All our artificial grass mat is made of high quality anti-aging particle with masterbatch which has been tested for...
- 3.The outdoor turf rug with rubber-backed which is non-slip and has no trouble of mowing. Besides, it is fadeless with...
If you are tired of your dogs bringing in the mud from the yard all the time, the Golden Moon Realistic Artificial Grass Mat is the solution you’ve been looking for. If there is just a little rain, a dog running around the yard and coming back into the house can create an incredible mess. Not to mention that some dogs just can’t seem to stop digging up the plants in your yard.
If you often find yourself annoyed by any of these issues, you should definitely consider installing this synthetic turf in your yard. It comes at a very affordable price, so even covering large areas won’t be too much of an investment.
At the same time, these grass mats prove that low price doesn’t mean low quality. This synthetic turf is very durable and able to withstand all kinds of weather conditions without fading or falling apart. It’s perfect for doing dog potty training sessions. Dog urine can be simply left there without cleaning (it will be drained out), while for dog poop, you can easily scoop it up to throw it away.
You can literally feel how well made the Golden Moon Realistic Artificial Grass Mat is as soon as you touch it with your hands for the first time. At the same time, it’s really affordable and incredibly soft to the touch. A splendid choice both for indoor and outdoor spaces!
- Exceptionally soft to the touch
- No-slip rubber backing
- Flame retardant
- Great value for money
#3 SMARTLAWN Professional Realistic Artificial Grass
- ✅Natural, Realistic Artificial Grass – Lush, thick, soft to the touch, and featuring realistic colors and tones that...
- ✅Multipurpose Carpet, Rug, and Mat Use – SmartLawn Professional indoor and outdoor artificial grass can be used to...
- ✅Built-In Drain Holes – The bottom of our artificial grass carpet features small holes to help water or liquids...
The Smartlawn Professional Artificial Grass is another great solution for dog parents finding themselves without enough green space for their furry babies.
This synthetic turf has an especially realistic and lush look, so it looks nice both indoors and outdoors. Thanks to high-quality stitching, the Smartlawn artificial turf works both on flat and on uneven surfaces.
You can use it to turn your balcony into a playing area designed specifically for your dog, but you can also use it to cover the ground in your backyard. Finally, this artificial grass comes with a 10-year warranty, so you can rest assured it’s durable and able to withstand high dog traffic.
- The SMARTLAWN Professional Realistic Artificial Grass is perfect for those looking to turn a patio, a deck, or even a balcony into a dog-friendly area.
- Looks realistic
- Built-in drainage holes
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Works on uneven surfaces too
#4 Fas Home Artificial Grass Turf
- MATERIAL: High-quality durable polypropylene fibres, PE material on the surface, rubber coated backing with drainage...
- Realistic Artificial Grass: Grass Height about 0.8” in length, high-density artificial grass. With 4-tone Color, soft...
- Low Maintenance Artificial Grass: Don't need to spend much time and money to maintain it.
The Fas Home Artificial Grass Turf is made with high-quality polypropylene fibers and designed to be safe both for dogs and humans. Safety is something that all dog parents should have in mind, but especially those who have young kids too. With the Fas Home Artificial Grass Turf, you can rest assured you are doing the right thing.
Another good thing about this artificial grass is that it’s very easy to maintain. This artificial grass is 0.8 inches high. This is a little shorter than some competitors, but at the same time long enough to look realistic. At the same time, it is much easier to clean.
- The Fas Home Artificial Grass Turf is a perfect solution for those looking to create safe and beautiful areas for their dogs to enjoy.
- UV & fire-resistant
- Made from durable polypropylene fibres
- Drainage holes for easy water removal
#5 GL Artificial Grass Mats
- Materials: made of high quality synthetic material, Superior resilience and durability, Constructed of the highest...
- Environmentally friendly and save money: no mowing, no watering, no spraying, just Years Of enjoyment with family,...
- Simple installation: laying out our grass is very simple-simply mark and dig out an area, lay out the base, roll out the...
GL Artificial Grass Mat is designed to give your pooch the ultimate outdoor experience. Dogs can play, run around, and even do their business on it and this artificial grass will not change a bit. No yellow spots and no weird-looking patches. It is so comfortable and fluffy that your dog might just want to lounge in the grass all the time.
The great thing about GL Artificial Grass Mats is that it was made to last. Made of high-quality synthetic fiber, the fake grass won’t fall apart or fade regardless of the weather. GL doesn’t mind standing behind this claim either – this synthetic turf comes with a 10-year warranty and they have a 60-day return policy.
- The GL Artificial Grass Mats perform really well both for outdoor and indoor areas. Thanks to the high thread count the grass is so fluffy and comfortable that any dog would love it.
- High density
- Remains fluffy and green for years
#6 WMG Premium Artificial Grass
- ✅ Superior built quality, 70oz weight - 50% heavier than cheaper alternatives, very durable and perfect for pets...
- ✅ 100% polyethylene and polypropylene yarn / Safe non-toxic / Weather, UV and corrosion resistant / Withstands wear,...
- ✅ Water saving and money saver! Easy to clean with drain holes keep the odor away if your pet pee on it and it won't...
With individual grass blades in 4 tones of green and a height of 1.4 inches (higher than most competitors), the WMG Premium Artificial Grass looks just like a real, freshly mowed lawn. The only difference is – it remains like this throughout the year.
This artificial grass turf was designed to withstand the daily wear and tear, even if we are talking about multiple humans and dogs. High dog traffic poses no problem at all. And thanks to the built-in drainage holes, they can go potty on this pet-friendly synthetic grass too. No puddles and no smells. Just hose your artificial grass down with water every once in a while, and that’s it!
The WMG Premium Artificial Grass is perfect for covering large outdoor areas. It drains really well even if it rains heavily and it’s even fire-resistant which is something that will be important to dog parents who live in extremely warm climates.
- Premium looking design
- Drains well
- Non-slip rubber backing
- Weather, UV and corrosion resistant
#7 SunVilla Realistic Indoor/Outdoor Artificial Grass
- ✅Premium quality: SunVilla is a marvelous, multi-purpose and very durable superior quality artificial grass/turf...
- ✅ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: SunVilla artificial grass is non-toxic and lead free, making it an excellent surface for pets...
- ✅Save money & always Green: no mowing, no watering, no spraying, no fertilizing, SunVilla artificial grass needs no...
Do your dogs keep destroying your yard? The SunVilla Artificial Grass comes to the rescue. Want to turn your deck or balcony into a play space for your pooch? No problem.
This pet-friendly synthetic grass is designed so that the individual blades stand upright, no matter on what kind of surface you place the mat on. This means it will work well placed over concrete, ground, wooden decks, and even indoors if you want it.
The SunVilla Realistic Indoor/Outdoor Artificial Grass is also water permeable, UV-resistant, and fire-resistant which makes it perfect for the outdoors no matter what kind of weather conditions you are facing.
The SunVilla Realistic Indoor/Outdoor Artificial Grass is a high-quality artificial turf that looks and feels just like real grass. Place this in your yard and say goodbye to muddy paws and constant cleaning!
- The SunVilla Realistic Indoor/Outdoor Artificial Grass is a high-quality artificial turf that looks and feels just like real grass. Place this in your yard and say goodbye to muddy paws and constant cleaning!
- Durable latex backing
- Made from non-toxic, lead free material
- 10 years guarantee
Artificial Grass For Dogs Buyer’s Guide
Many people who live in areas with harsh winters or hot, humid summers don’t have the option to keep their dogs outdoors all day long. Some dogs are better off indoors rather than outside without constant supervision and/or a lot of time and money invested in providing them with adequate space for exercise. Artificial grass provides a safe indoor or outdoor alternative that can be used year-round, regardless of weather conditions.
So you must be wondering – Is artificial grass good for dogs?
Safety is often the first issue that comes to mind of dog parents considering fake grass, so let’s get that question out of the way first.
If you heard that artificial grass can be poisonous for dogs, this might be partly true. In the past, fake grass was sometimes made with paint that contained high levels of lead. However, this is mostly not the case today and there are plenty of modern artificial turfs made of high-quality materials that are completely safe for dogs and humans alike.
Related: Best Wireless Dog Fence
Benefits Of Artificial Turf
Now that we’ve established that artificial grass is safe for dogs, we can talk about its advantages compared to traditional lawns.
There are many reasons why you might be considering artificial turf. For example, if you have a lawn that is too small and/or more than one dog, yellow patches from too much urine can be really annoying. In this case, synthetic turf is a great solution. In addition to this, artificial grass allows you to turn areas where real grass can’t grow (such as concrete surfaces) into green spaces where your dogs can do their business.
Artificial turf also has some general advantages over regular lawns. First of all, there is much less maintenance required (artificial turf maintenance is estimated at $500 per year for a 1000 sq ft lawn) and you can have a green lawn all year. Everything a dog leaves behind is also much easier to clean. You’ll need less water to maintain your artificial lawn which means you even save money in the long run. All of this while also keeping your pooch happy!
Related: Best Dog GPS Tracker
Features To Look For In Artificial Grass For Dogs
As we already mentioned, you’ll always want to make sure that the artificial grass you are buying is safe to be used by humans and animals. However, once you get that out of the way, there still remains a huge variety of artificial turfs to choose from.
So how do you choose the right one? These are some of the things to think about:
Obviously, everyone wants their artificial lawn to look nice. The good news is, this is entirely possible nowadays. While there are still cheap knock-offs that look terrible, plenty of manufacturers today make artificial grass that looks amazingly realistic and natural.
While a uniform green color can also look quite good, if you want a totally realistic effect you should look for artificial turf with a 4-tone color scheme. Our top pick, the Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf, has this feature, for example.
Moreover, it’s not just the color that determines the look of fake grass. Things like the shape of the individual grass threads, density, and height of the grass mat also play a role. Installing artificial grass is relatively simple too.
Another thing you should definitely check before buying any artificial turf is whether it drains well. Even if you use your synthetic grass mat indoors, it will be much easier to wash it in case of need.
However, if you plan to put your artificial turf outdoors, as most pet parents do, you’ll definitely want to have good drainage. If you plan for your pooch to go potty on the artificial turf, the liquid has to go somewhere, doesn’t it?
Luckily, most modern artificial turfs feature good drainage systems. All of those mentioned on our top 7 list certainly do. Since there are little holes in the backing of the artificial turf, water can flow freely.
This one is important for anyone who plans to install fake grass outdoors. Any kind of exposure to UV light (which happens even if the grass is outside of direct sunlight and on rainy days) can cause the color to fade. If your artificial turf becomes yellow instead of green after a couple of months, that kind of ruins its purpose, doesn’t it? If you want to avoid this, always look for pet-friendly synthetic grass that is UV-resistant.
Related: Best Invisible Dog Fence
Artificial turf is a great solution for all dog parents who want their outdoor space to look nice with minimal maintenance. It also comes in handy when you have limited outdoor space that you want to adopt for your pooch.
However, it’s important to choose artificial turf that is safe for your pooch and able to withstand constant use. The Pet Pad Artificial Grass Turf definitely checks all the boxes!