The best wireless dog fence is Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless Dog Fence.
While having a dog at home is a wonderful thing to cherish, it is equally important to ensure that your pet is always safe, secure, and happy.
Dogs are playful and active in nature – that’s what makes them so lovable.
There is no denying the fact that most dogs tend to be very playful in nature, and even if they do not intend to not pay heed to your orders, they often land up in trouble while playing outside if left unsupervised for some time.
A word of caution:
Going beyond your property’s boundaries is something that they absolutely love doing. However, this can invite troubles like getting attacked by other unfamiliar dogs outside, injuries or accidents from vehicles on the streets, and a lot more.
You cannot possibly keep your dog indoors all the time when you are tied up with work. A dog needs to play outdoors as frequently as possible.
You need the best wireless dog fence. Such a virtual smart fence is a safe and simple form of pet containment system for your canine companion. The wireless invisible fence keeps your dog contained within a particular area while letting him/her enjoy the freedom of being out in the open.
Simply set the boundaries, and your pooch will be given a warning beep whenever it approaches these boundaries!
#1 Petsafe PIF-300 Wireless Dog Fence
- Wireless radio-fence containment system for pets weighing 8 pounds or more
- Covers an adjustable circular area of up to a 1/2 acre (180-foot diameter)
- This containment system comes with an extra PIF-275-19 collar. The collar comfortably fits dogs 8 pounds and up and...
If you have a large yard space and a dog that loves to wander and explore it, the Petsafe PIF-300 wireless dog fence is ideal for you. This system offers a wide signal range of 180 feet in diameter or about half an acre. That way, your dog has more free space to roam around in.
This Petsafe wireless dog fence system comes with a static shock correction receiver that lets the dog know when they are getting too close to restricted parts of the outdoor space. The charge released is very safe and only causes irritation so you do not have to worry about causing harm to your doggy.
Something else worth celebrating with this wireless dog fence is the complementary collar that comes with the package. It is adjustable from 6 to 28 inches which can comfortably fit most dog breeds over 8 lbs in weight.
We like how efficient this wireless dog fence is as far as the range of signal effectiveness goes. This works really well for homes with large outdoor spaces. That way, your dog can truly enjoy their independent time on your property. Its wireless design also means that you don’t have to worry about property destruction for installation.
- This Petsafe dog containment system provides a circular boundary of up to half an acre – that can be adjusted from between 5 and 90 feet in all directions – to prevent pooches from straying from a designated area.
- Customers can install and set up the PIF-300 wireless dog fence without needing to dig holes, bury wires or drive stakes into the ground.
- The extra collar that comes with the Petsafe wireless dog fence is designed to fit comfortably on the necks of pooches that weigh above 8 lbs, and this collar can be further adjusted to widths between 6 and 28 inches to provide even more convenient fits for dogs.
- The receiver collar of the PIF-300 dog fence is waterproof, and it can be safely used outdoors without suffering damage when exposed to moisture.
- The collar of the Petsafe PIF-300 wireless dog fence delivers five adjustable levels of static correction and a tone-only mode to provide safety warnings to pooches that are straying out of the designated area.
- There have been several reports of the PIF-300 collar shocking dogs, even when they are within the specified range.
- The collar of the Petsafe wireless fence can be easily chewed through and destroyed by a pooch.
#2 COVONO Wireless Dog Fence
- COVER UP TO 3/4 ACRE: Comes with 650 feet boundary wire which is thicker and more flexible than the old version, cover...
- EFFECTIVE DOG TRAINING: The boundary is formed by the signal sent out from the wire by the transmitter. The receiver...
- SUPPORT MULTIPLE RECEIVERS: The receiver is adjustable, waterproof and rechargeable, suitable for all kinds of dogs that...
The COVONO wireless dog fence is technically not wireless as there is a 650-ft long boundary line that comes as a part of the package. This wire is designed to be super flexible to allow you to set it up based on your yard’s dimensions and shape and how much freedom you want your dog to enjoy.
This wireless dog fence system has a signal range of up to ¾ acres which is quite impressive for an electric dog fence in its price range. The best part is that you can expand this range. All you have to do is invest in additional wiring to add to the 650-ft range you already get.
The receiver and correction collar uses a combination of beeps and shock to warn and correct the dog as they approach the boundary and in case they cross it. The beeping, in particular, is awesome if you want to be a bit more gentle on the doggy.
The fact that you get such an incredible range from a dog fence in this model’s price range is what makes the COVONO such a great option to consider. It can be expanded both in terms of signal coverage area and the number of dogs that can be monitored and controlled. Therefore, if you are shopping on a budget, then this dog fence is definitely worth considering.
- The COVONO wireless dog fence is completely customizable and can be set up in any shape to contain a pooch within the desired area.
- The audible and visible wire break alarm on the transmitter of this COVONO product alerts customers if there is damage to the wire that makes up the boundary of this fence.
- Customers can purchase and pair as many receivers as possible with the COVONO transmitter to contain multiple dogs within the boundaries of the same fence.
- The speed detection function of the COVONO wireless fence adjusts and automatically increases or decreases the shock intensity of the collar, depending on how fast a pooch is running towards the border.
- The COVONO wireless dog fence product comes with a lifetime warranty for defective products and a 90-day return period for customers that are unsatisfied with the performance of the product.
- There is no option to adjust the intensity of the shock produced by the receiver collar of the COVONO wireless dog fence.
- Customers claim that the warning beep and shock produced by this product’s receiver collar happen almost instantaneously, thereby giving pooches little or no time to reverse before they are zapped.
#3 JUSTPET Wireless Dog Fence
JUSTPET wireless fence system is an intelligent wireless system with a simple operation and a beautiful appearance. It has a 433 MHz frequency with a radius distance of 160 yards or 480 ft and a total of ten levels adjustment with 100 ft for each level. The distance is super accurate and can be chosen as needed.
The collar receiver automatically sends a warning sound and status shock to remind the dog to return to its safe zone if it runs out of the set range.
However, it uses the latest technology where the receiver will not warn, the electric shock will be disabled, and the test lamp will remain off after the main unit shuts down.
In addition, the receiver has a signal indicator that flashes when the battery is low to alert you to charge it in time.
The size of the collar can be adjusted from 7 to 26 inches wide and is generally suitable for most dog breeds weighing between 10 and 110 lbs.
JUSTPET wireless fence system is a safe and reliable choice that uses the latest technology to ensure no harm to your pooch during training. Moreover, it is suitable for outdoor training since the indoors will have a lot of interference factors.
- The transmitter for the JUSTPET wireless dog fence has a lightweight design and an ergonomic shape, making it easy for customers to transport, providing a portable fencing option for dogs.
- The collar receiver of this product is rated IPX7 waterproof, which means it can be efficiently used in wet conditions with little to no risk of water damage.
- The JUSTPET wireless fence allows customers to choose from either the static electric shock, vibration, and sound modes – based on their pooch’s temperament – to effectively train their dogs.
- Customers can pair up to 3 different collar receivers with the JUSTPET transmitter, and the independent design of each collar makes it possible for customers to train each pooch separately.
- The length of the receiver collar of the JUSTPET wireless fence is adjustable, and this length can be modified between 6.3 and 26.4 inches to fit different dog neck sizes.
- There have been several reported instances where the receiver collar of this wireless fence failed to deliver either a warning beep or shock when a pooch was close to the specified boundary.
#4 Wagz Freedom Smart Dog Collar
- SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED – The Wagz Freedom Smart Collar requires the product and a subscription. It works with the Wagz...
- GPS LOCATION TRACKING – Stay connected to your best friend utilizing GPS and cellular coverage. Optimal GPS tracking...
- GEOFENCES + KEEP OUT ZONES WITH SHOCK-FREE CORRECTIONS – With the only shock-free geofence containment system, keep...
For shock-free corrections as a dog collar trains your dog with ultrasonic, audible, and vibration corrections, Wagz Freedom Smart Dog Collar should be on your mind.
It offers the ability to set up and store multiple customizable geofence perimeters and Keep Out Zones to protect and contain your dog. This, in return, ensures your dog doesn’t access forbidden areas like pools, flower gardens, or patios.
Wagz Freedom shock-free collar has activity and healthy tracking, including exercise, sleep time, and step count, which logs the distance, duration, and route of your dog’s runs, walks, and hikes.
In addition, it allows you to stay connected by utilizing GPS and cellular coverage, and you can create a virtual fence anywhere with good cell reception.
All in all, a Wagz App dashboard is provided to monitor the aforementioned features, the ambient temperatures, GPS location tracking, and activity tracking through your smartphone, while your dog is on the move.
Finally, the collar is lightweight, durable, portable, and easy to attach to your dog’s collar. and does not need any installation or wires. It works on a broad range up to 15 ft and is recommended for dogs weighing 15 lbs and heavier.
Wagz Freedom collar should be your go-to choice if you are looking to have freedom at your fingertips to ensure your dog stays healthy, happy, and safe whether you are apart or together. It is suitable for dogs weighing 15 lbs or more.
- The Wagz Freedom’s smart dog collar comes with a subscription-based app that customers can use to receive GPS tracking and data updates about their canine buddies.
- This smart dog collar product is designed to use humane, shock-free methods, such as vibrations, audible cues, and ultrasonic sounds, to redirect pooches when they are approaching the designated boundary.
- The Wagz Freedom collar, which weighs 1.7 oz, is lightweight and can be worn for a considerable period without weighing down on a pooch.
- With the Wagz Freedom smart collar, customers can create multiple customizable geofences that can be mapped anywhere to keep their pooches confined within a specific area.
- The Wagz Freedom app also keeps a customer updated about their dog’s physical activity by mapping the route, distance, and duration of a pooch’s daily walks, runs, and hikes.
- Several customers have commented that this product’s geofence gets triggered, even when their pooches are a considerable distance away from the boundaries.
- A considerable number of customers have also been left unimpressed by the short battery life of this smart dog collar.
#5 WIEZ GPS Wireless Dog Fence
The WIEZ GPS wireless dog fence stands out from other wireless dog fences on the market mainly because of its huge radial coverage. It operates at a radial range of 98 to 3,281 ft and up to a maximum area of 776 acres.
Another great selling point is its GPS feature. The dog fence works well with just the dog collar but without a transmitter. It also relies on satellites for its GPS locating feature, thereby requiring a startup time of 1 to 3 minutes when placed outdoors.
There are 32 training modes to choose from and adjust the intensity of electric shock or vibration the dog wearing the collar can feel. This provides great flexibility that dog owners can take an advantage of while training their dogs. Simply start off with limited roaming space in your yard and gradually let the dogs have more freedom when they display good behavior.
However, the collar measures 3.1 inches long by 2.2 inches wide by 1.2 inch thick, a size that is not considered suitable for small dogs weighing less than 10 lbs. We urge dog owners to take note of this shortfall when purchasing this device.
- The WIEZ wireless dog fence can be conveniently set up within a matter of minutes, and the product is designed to work without a transmitter.
- Customers can adjust the control range of the WIEZ dog fence to distances between 98 and 3,281 feet to either widen or limit their pooch’s playing area.
- The vibration intensity and electric shock produced by the WIEZ receiver collar can be adjusted and switched among three different levels for training a dog.
- This collar is rated IP65 dustproof and IPX5 waterproof, thereby ensuring that it can be safely used outdoors without suffering dust and moisture damage.
- The WIEZ brand has a 30-day money-back policy for customers that are unsatisfied with this wireless fence, and the product equally comes with a 2-year warranty that covers product defects.
- There are multiple reports about the battery of the WIEZ receiver collar running down only after a few hours of use.
- According to some customers, the receiver collar of this WIEZ product occasionally zaps their canine buddies even when they are well within the fence.
#6 My Pet Command Wireless Electric Fence
- Easy and quick Setup the GPS Dog collar Upgraded latest Model. This latest Wireless electric dog fence uses standard GPS...
- This PORTABLE (Take it anywhere) electric dog fence wireless system can cover large OUTDOOR areas up to 999 Yards radius...
- In contrast with the traditional wireless dog fence system devices with a transmitter box, WITH OURS, you won't face any...
The My Pet Command GPS Wireless Electric Fence is a revolutionary product designed to keep your pet safe and secure while giving them the freedom to roam. This state-of-the-art system uses GPS technology to create an invisible boundary around your property, so your pet can play and explore without getting lost.
One of the key features of this product is its wireless design. Unlike traditional fences that require costly installation and ongoing maintenance, the My Pet Command GPS Wireless Electric Fence is easy to set up and requires no digging or landscaping.
The My Pet Command GPS Wireless Electric Fence is also highly customizable, allowing you to create a boundary of any shape or size to suit your property. You can also adjust the width of the boundary zone to accommodate pets of various sizes and even create multiple zones for different areas of your yard.
In addition to its advanced technology, the My Pet Command GPS Wireless Electric Fence is also built to last. The collar is made of durable, waterproof material and can withstand even the most active pets. The GPS module is also weatherproof, ensuring it will continue to work in all conditions.
Overall, the My Pet Command GPS Wireless Electric Fence is an innovative and highly effective solution for keeping your pet safe and secure while giving them the freedom to roam. Its wireless design, customizable features, and durable construction make it a great choice for pet owners everywhere.
- The GPS positioning technology that is used in this containment system for dogs makes the fence easy to set up, and installation can be completed in minutes without needing to lay boundary wires or fix a transmitter.
- The receiver collar of the My Pet wireless fence is suitable for use with pooches of different sizes, and this collar can be adjusted to widths ranging between 7 and 23 inches to provide a convenient fit for various dog neck sizes.
- The 6 levels of tone, vibrate and stimulus shock settings that come with the My Pet fence system make it possible to customize the collar for training a pooch not to cross the specified boundary.
- The IPX7 waterproof rating of this wireless fence’s receiver collar ensures that it can be used in rainy and humid environments, as well as for minimal swimming, without getting damaged.
- The boundary provided by the My Pet wireless fence is customizable and can be adjusted to cover radiuses between 33 and 999 yards based on each customer’s needs.
- Several customers have commented that the battery health of this product’s receiver collar tends to degrade fairly quickly, with there being several reported instances of the collar failing to hold a charge only after a few months of use.
- The GPS technology used for this wireless fence system is inconsistent, and multiple customers have expressed difficulties in finding a satellite signal that is good enough to keep the fence boundaries working.
#7 Pet Control HQ Shock Collar
- Wireless dog fence system: This wireless containment system is perfect for pet parents with large yards and complicated...
- Dual-zone wireless containment system: Enjoy the benefits of an easy-to-layout dog fence wireless system, along with 492...
- Wireless dog collar fence system: Our wireless pet containment system can control up to 3 separate shock collars, with...
Pet Control HQ Wireless Pet Containment System guarantees there will be no risk of your dog wandering off where it contains your dog without a traditional fence.
It is the best option for a dog owner with more than one dog, as it allows you to train up to three dogs simultaneously. In addition, the remote gives the owner the ability to pick the dog to be corrected and not accidentally shock the wrong dog.
Both the containment system and the collar are of high quality. The collar is also rated IPX7 waterproof, making it suitable for use in swimming activities. Thanks to the long 12-hour battery life that gives you three to seven days of pet containment training, it will give you peace of mind.
The electronic shock collar can be used on all dog breeds and sizes thanks to its adjustable strap, fitting between 8 and 27 inches in dog neck sizes. In addition, the dogs should weigh between 11 and 154 lbs.
Pet Control HQ will be a great choice for any dog owner with multiple dogs in large yards or complicated spaces. The combination of wireless pet training systems gives your dog 10 acres of safe roaming, allowing your dogs to stay in the safe zone when outdoors.
- Customers can use the selection buttons on the remote of the shock collar to gain individual control of 3 different collars and train multiple pooches within the Pet Control invisible fence system.
- This shock collar from Pet Control HQ features a warning tone, vibration, and three varying levels of shock intensity, all of which can be used to stop a pooch from escaping a designated area.
- Customers can twist, start and return the wires of the Pet Control fence together to cancel the signal and create safe, no-shock zones for their canine buddies.
- The strap of the Pet Control shock collar is adjustable and can be modified to fit dog neck sizes that measure between 8 and 27 inches.
- The shock collar of the Pet Control wireless fence is designed with an 8-second cooldown period, during which the shock on a pooch is stopped for humane reasons.
- The shock collars of the Pet Control wireless fence tend to keep disconnecting from the remote, with customers subsequently needing to reconnect these collars multiple times.
- The receiver collar of this wireless fence is inconsistent, and several customers have commented that their pooches are sometimes able to cross the boundaries without getting shocked.
#8 OKPET Wireless Dog Fence Pet Containment System
OKPET Wireless Pet system comes with a receiver to help control and train multiple dogs simultaneously. Thanks to its strong signal penetration capability, the transmitter can be positioned anywhere in your home.
If the house is too big, you can use two transmitters simultaneously and place them in different corners to increase the transmission distance.
The collar receiver is suitable for use with dogs of all sizes, where the receiver has conductive posts to cater to different lengths. The length can be selected depending on the length of the hair and the size of your dog.
In addition, since the product adopts the latest technology and is FCC-certified, the receiver does not electrically shock your pooch after turning off the host for safety.
Instead, the collar receiver will vibrate before sending the static electric shock. By delaying the shock, the dog will have ample chance to return to the safe zone.
OKPET Wireless Pet system should be your go-to option if you want a system to use with multiple dogs and multiple receivers. In addition, since the receiver can cater to different lengths, you can choose the conductive posts based on your dog’s hair length and size of your dog.
- The OKPET dog containment system makes it possible for customers to simultaneously use two transmitters to increase the width of the fence and cover a larger area.
- The delay period between the vibration and static electric shock provided by the receiver collar of this product gives pooches an opportunity to return to the safe zone before getting zapped.
- Customers can pair and use several receiver collars with the OKPET transmitter to effectively contain and train multiple dogs within a specified area.
- The OKPET receiver collar is waterproof and can be safely worn in the rain or by a swimming pooch without suffering water damage.
- The training flags that come with this OKPET package serve as a visual aid for customers needing help with demarcating fence boundaries.
- Product inconsistency usually results in dogs being erroneously shocked by the OKPET receiver collar even when they are a considerable distance away from the fence boundary.
#9 PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barrier
- SET INDOOR BOUNDARIES: Keep your cat off the kitchen counter and your dog away from the shoe rack by setting off-limits...
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: You’ll receive 1 Pawz Away Indoor Pet Barrier and a receiver collar for your cat or dog to wear
- SAFELY CORRECTS YOUR PET: When your pet enters the boundary area wearing the receiver collar, they will hear a series of...
PetSafe Pawz Away Collar is an indoor collar that is easy to set up since it is cordless, meaning you can use it straight out of the box. The collar is portable and can be used anywhere and moved around up to a 6-ft range.
The collar has an adjustable nylon strap that sits conveniently on your dog’s neck, and it has a quick-release buckle that makes it easy to put on or take off. It uses a straightforward transmitter with only two buttons, and it can be used to adjust the circular barrier range.
The indoor collar is effective for dogs weighing over 5 lbs and fits neck sizes between 6 and 28 inches. In addition, it has a decent battery life that can last up to three months with moderate use.
PetSafe Pawz Away Collar is the best indoor collar meant to be used indoors to keep problem areas such as furniture, trash cans, and counters off-limits from your dogs. When your dog enters an unwanted or unsafe zone, it will hear an audible beep as a warning sign, followed by an advanced static simulation.
- The multi-pet mode of the PetSafe wireless barrier makes it possible for customers to use several receiver collars to control different pooches within the same boundary.
- The receiver collar of the Pawz Away pet barrier, which is designed to be used on pooches that weigh a minimum of 5 lbs, can be adjusted to fit dog neck sizes ranging between 6 and 28 inches.
- The waterproof design of the PetSafe receiver collar ensures that it can be used outdoors without getting spoiled if it comes in contact with moisture.
- Customers can adjust the range of the PetSafe Pawz Away barrier up to a diameter of 12 feet to protect specific regions in their homes.
- The PetSafe wireless fence’s receiver collar keeps dogs within the designated area by emitting a warning beep when a dog gets close to the boundary and administering a mild static shock if the dog disregards the warning and crosses the boundary.
- The prongs on the PetSafe receiver collar make this product uncomfortable for some pooches to wear.
- Some customers have commented that they needed to shave patches of skin off their pooch’s neck to enable the collar’s metal prongs to make contact and work effectively.
#10 SportDog Contain & Train In-Ground Fence System
- Ability to secure your dog(s) within a set boundary, and remotely train both inside the boundary, at home, and outside...
- Wire-break Transmitter alarm alerts you to possible problems with the Boundary Wire with Built-in lightning protection
- Additional Collar for 2nd Dog
Featuring seven levels of static stimulation, SportDog Contain & Train System has an option to train your dog with vibration and tone.
The training mode can accommodate three dogs, while the containment mode can expand to accommodate all dogs with the Add-A-Dog collar receiver. In addition, it features 1,000 ft of wire and 100 boundary flags, and it can expand to 100 acres with additional wire and flag kits.
In addition, it includes a remote trainer from the popular FieldTrainer 425 that communicates with the collar receiver up to 500 yards away. This gives you the chance to train your dog on the insides and outsides of the containment area without having to switch collars.
The collar receiver is waterproof and is submersible to 10 ft, while the Remote Transmitter is DryTek waterproof and submersible to 25 ft. It also includes built-in lightning protection and a wire-break alarm on the transmitter.
Offering three modes of operation, the SportDog Contain & Train system allows you to choose the signal the collar receiver will respond to, giving you flexibility. Also, since it works with both the e-collar handheld remote and the underground wire, the collar receiver allows you to contain your dog within a boundary you define.
- The training mode of the SportDog fence system comes with 7 different levels of safe static stimulation and 3 operation modes that customers can use to determine what signals the receiver collar responds to.
- The SportDog fence system comes with 1,000 feet of wire installed by burying underground to provide a wireless fenced enclosure.
- The special anti-linger feature of the SportDog fence system automatically turns off the receiver, thereby preventing pooches from running down the collar when they stay too long in the fence’s warning zone.
- The collar receiver of the SportDog containment system features a waterproof design and can be submerged up to 10 feet, thereby making it suitable for use in wet conditions.
- The design of the SportDog wireless fence allows for the collar to simultaneously receive signals from the fence and remote transmitters, enabling the dog to be both trained and confined at the same time.
- Some customers have commented that the SportDog collar is too large and didn’t properly fit on their pooch’s necks, even after making adjustments.
#11 Extreme Dog Fence Premium Kit Packages
- 🏆 Improved: This 2nd Generation eXtreme Dog Fence PRO GRADE KIT Easily Covers up to 10 Acres and has Updated...
- 🏆 Waterproof and Submersible: Most Other Inground Dog Fence Systems Claim to be "Water Resistant". The eXtreme Dog...
- 🏆 Pro Grade Fence Kit Includes: Heavy Duty Boundary Wire, 16 Gauge Twisted Wire, Digital Transmitter, Collar...
Extreme Dog Fence Kit covers an impressive area between 23 and 25 acres which can be expanded with extensive coverage. The dog fence can be installed on any terrain and has been updated to support the newer collars.
One pro-grade kit contains heavy-duty boundary wire ranging between 500 and 2,500 ft, a 16 AWG twisted wire, a digital transmitter, 6V batteries included for every collar receiver purchased, 100 to 500 training flags dependent on the distance, waterproof splice kits, and ten dog fence staples.
The collar can train your dog using three different methods sound, static, and vibration. In addition, it gives a beeping sound as a warning to your dog whenever they are around the boundary.
It is made with a high-quality 14-gauge wire, which is thicker than the 20-gauge wire with most invisible dog fence kits, and it can withstand natural elements. The collar is waterproof and can withstand submersion underwater for up to 100 ft. It is a perfect solution for dog owners with a large piece of land.
Extreme Dog Fence Kit is the best choice if you are looking for maximum flexibility since it can be installed on any kind of terrain. In addition, the invisible fence is a perfect addition for dog owners who enjoy a good dip in a lake or a pond.
- Customers can purchase and install extra wire to extend the area covered by the Extreme dog fence product by up to 10 acres.
- The advanced transmitter of the Extreme Dog fence kit monitors wire temperature and automatically makes the necessary adjustments to ensure that the fence isn’t damaged during hot weather.
- The Extreme Dog Fence kit makes it possible for customers to select from 7 different correction levels based on their pooch’s temperament and personality.
- This wireless dog fence product from the Extreme brand comes with a one-year warranty offer which covers product defects that can be attributed to poor manufacturing.
- The correction strength of the Extreme dog fence’s receiver collar is individually programmed, thereby making it possible for customers to train multiple dogs within the same boundary.
- Several customers have commented that the blue plastic casing of the Extreme dog fence’s receiver collar is cheaply made and tends to crack easily.
- Multiple customers have also bemoaned the poor quality of the customer service provided by the Extreme Dog Fence brand.
Buyer’s Guide – Wireless Dog Fence
A hundred websites can give you the same thing that we have to offer, so why would you trust us alone?
We won’t be exaggerating if we tell you that we are a team of experts that have been dealing with dog containment systems for a decade now, and our wireless dog fence reviews are unbiased and reliably sourced.
For your furry friend that you love to play with will always be safe in the containment that we recommend.
This is because our recommendations are based on current market trends, along with reviews from caregivers, dog owners, and experts in the field. We also tally our wireless dog fence reviews with Amazon customer reviews to ensure that we don’t miss out on the advantages and disadvantages mentioned by first-hand users.
After thorough research, we have come up with a review article that will cater to all your needs related to a wireless dog fence.
Related: Best Portable Dog Fence
How We Found The Best and Reviewed Them
As dog owners, we really love our canine companions.
That’s why we have to look out for them and to keep them safe always.
The wireless dog fences help to keep your dog safely contained within a particular area while letting him/her enjoy the freedom of being out in the open.
However, before investing in any high-quality underground dog fence, you need a proper understanding of the factors that go into making a good wireless fence.
So we have come up with a buyer’s guide that will help you to choose a wireless fence for your pooch to help you choose the best.
Corded Dog Fence VS Cordless Dog Fence
When you opt for a corded underground electric dog fence, your dog will have to wear a collar receiver. You have to either set up the wires around your fence or the perimeter specified or bury them under the ground in your yard.
Whenever your dog attempts to stray away from the safe zone, the receiver collar will send a small static correction to your dog, and with time, it will learn to stay within the safe area.
While a corded underground electric dog fence has the advantage of being flexible, it carries the disadvantage of needing long hours of installation because wires are involved.
On the other hand, a cordless dog fence will only need your dog to wear a collar and a transmitter to be placed in your house. This transmitter creates a radius that is basically the area that your dog can safely play in. If your dog attempts to escape the area, it will receive a small static correction just like that in a wired fence.
A cordless dog fence offers the advantage of an easy installation with no requirement for wires to be buried or set around the perimeter.
Since more and more people are seeking convenience nowadays, the demand for a virtual smart fence as such has gone up.
Related: Best Dog GPS Trackers
Factors You Should Consider Before Buying Wireless Dog Fences
There are a few factors that you should consider before investing in wireless dog fences and they are listed below.
The most important thing that you need to consider is the area that the transmitter of the wireless dog fence covers. You need to find out if the area mentioned caters to your need or not. Since you only have a transmitter to rely upon, the area covered is of prime importance.
While some transmitters can only cover half an acre, some others can cover up to 25 acres. The things that you should consider are the shape of the transmitter, the area in which it functions the best, and whether its signals can easily pass through obstructions or not.
Always avoid setting up your transmitter in an area where there are metal fixtures or furnaces. This might limit the radius of your transmitter.
If your house has a bigger area to cover, opt for a more powerful underground dog fence that can cover a wider area.
The best part about a wireless dog fence is the fact that it can be easily set up or installed without having to dig, hammer, tie etc. It hardly takes more than a couple of hours to set up and start working.
What you need to look into is the positioning of the transmitter. Always ensure that the transmitter does not have any hindrance around it and has a 120-Volt outlet that is away from natural turbulences in weather. A transmitter that does not have a temperature below the freezing point is what you should ideally opt for. Positioning the transmitter on the first floor will give you more radius to cover more area.
Yet another important factor is whether the features of the dog collar suit your dog or not. If you tend to have a lot of pool parties at home, you should get a waterproof dog collar. This can withstand hours of being submerged underwater while a water-resistant dog collar will get damaged with long hours of submersion.
For very active canines, you definitely need a dog collar that is durable enough to withstand extreme levels of play and fun. Some collars give you the option of turning it off while your dog is still getting a hang of things so that it does not end up getting too many shocks.
Battery options are also to be considered while buying a wireless dog fence. Does the transmitter have rechargeable batteries or need disposable ones? What suits your preferences and whether you can sustain disposables or not, are factors that you must take into consideration.
Also, consider if the dog collar uses proprietary or non-proprietary batteries. If they use proprietary batteries, it could be difficult to acquire and could also be more expensive. Non-proprietary batteries are easily available and are less expensive too.
Final Thoughts – Let Your Dogs Roam And Play Safely
There is no denying the fact that your canine friends need exercise, and that can only be attained when you let your dog roam about freely. However, it is also important to keep your pooch safe and secure so that it does not end up with injuries.
You can have irritable neighbors who do not enjoy dogs freely roaming around, you might want to protect your precious flower beds from getting ruined, and you might also want to keep your dog away from the swimming pool.
All these are only possible when you have a wireless dog containment system that promises to keep your pup safe and secure. Now that we have given you a fair idea of how these systems work and the factors that go into making an effective solution for your pet’s needs, we can only hope that you make the best choice possible.
The idea is to have a containment system that not only caters to your needs but also completely caters to the needs of your pet. He/she should be absolutely comfortable with these wireless dog fences in place and should be able to get accustomed to them as early as possible.
To emphasize the idea yet again, an invisible fence system is all about making your dog’s playtime way more fun than it is at the moment and about offering you the peace of mind that you have been looking for.