The best dog pooper scooper is Nature’s Miracle Jumbo Jaw Scoop.
Having a dog who welcomes you wagging his tail and giving you a slobbery hello is a rewarding feeling. But as you all know, having a pet dog is a lot of work. On top of feeding them, you need to groom them and take them for a walk. The walking part is a good exercise for you and your dog.
But as responsible dog owners, we have to do our part to clean up our dog’s nature calls.
Without the proper tools, this cleaning can be a squirmish task. That’s why you need a dog pooper scooper to do the work efficiently, quickly, and totally hands-free.
There are many pooper scoopers available in the market today and picking up the right one can be daunting. No need to worry, we have made a list of the best pooper scooper for you, and you only need to pick the right one for you to make cleaning up easy.
#1 Nature’s Miracle Jumbo Jaw Scoop
- Lightweight and easy to use. Picks up from all Surfaces - Grass, gravel or concrete
- Picks up from all surfaces
- Antimicrobial product protection
Nature’s Miracle Jaw Scoop is an easy-to-use and lightweight dog pooper scooper that can pick up your dog’s poop from any surface. It works well on gravel, grass, or concrete. It also comes with anti-microbial protection and a non-stick surface.
Made from sturdy materials, it comes equipped with a high-tension spring that closes the jaws while you are cleaning after your dog. You can bring it along with you easily because it weighs only 1.45 lbs.
What makes this product our top pick is its long handle, much longer compared to others in this category. It has two optional sizes; Medium comes with a 30-inch long handle, while Jumbo has a longer 36-inch handle. This is the best product for you because you don’t have to bend down to clean.
Another reason why it’s the best is that its advanced jaw scooping mechanism is non-stick in nature. This feature makes cleaning easier and stress-free. You can also use its trademarked antimicrobial solution to keep this dog pooper scooper free from foul smells and germs.
These pooper scoopers from Nature’s Miracle are the best in the market today because they have a longer handle and are big enough as a cleanup tool for larger dogs. We also like that they are non-stick which makes cleaning the poop mess easy. With the anti-microbial solution, you can rest assured that these pooper scoopers are odor-free and germ-free.
- Has a great red and black color design, and it is available in Medium and Jumbo sizes, depending on your pup’s needs.
- The high-tension spring mechanism at the scooper part of the product makes it easy to collect your pup’s mess easily.
- While it has a long handle of 30 inches for the Medium size or 46 inches for the Jumbo size, the scooper is still lightweight, and you can easily take it with you on outdoor trips.
- The scooper has anti-microbial protection and a non-stick scooper which makes it easy to keep clean and hygienic as poop can contain unwanted elements.
- The scooper can work on many surface types, such as grass, concrete, or gravel, such that you can keep any surface clean and poop-free.
- Using this tool during the collection of poop from areas of longer grass can be rather messy.
- The spring can break after some time if it is not used with care.
#2 Petmate Arm & Hammer Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper
- No Touch Poop Scooper For Dogs: Great for any surface or animal, this poop scooper set includes one Arm & Hammer Swivel...
- No More Bending, Kneeling, or Squatting: The lightweight adjustable handle on this dog pooper scooper extends up to 32...
- Unique rake & swivel design minimizes messes: Raking waste (vs. using a claw) into specially fitted bag minimizes messy...
There will be no more bending with this excellent value-for-money dog pooper scooper from Petmate. It has an even longer handle of 32 inches, which makes it easy to clean after your pet without stooping over. As an added bonus, this dog pooper scooper comes with Arm & Hammer waste bags which you can easily tie and toss away.
It has a sturdy rotating bin that is ideal for quick pick up. Transporting your dog’s waste is also easy, and it can accommodate cleaning up after large dogs. It includes a plastic rake for more effective cleaning on different surfaces.
For comfortable and clean pickups, it has hooks on either side to secure the plastic bags. These plastic bags are freshly scented to eliminate any bad odor. As an added convenience, the rake and the bin snaps together securely for easy storage.
This bin & rake pooper scooper can give you the benefits of cleaning after your pooch when outdoors at only a fraction of the price most dog pooper scoopers fetch on the market. The large swivel bin has an impressive poop storage capacity and is perfect on any surfaces from grass to gravel. The freshly scented plastics bags are good for masking the smell while scooping the poop.
- This comes with a 9-inch swivel bin and a rake scooper which you use together to scoop poop effectively.
- It comes with two free heavy-duty trash bags with odor control and activated baking soda that you can cover the inside of your swivel bin with for easier disposal while keeping the bin clean.
- You can use it on multiple surfaces to effectively scoop pup poop like dirt, concrete, or short grass.
- This rake pooper scooper has an adjustable handle that can extend up to 33 inches, and this is perfect for tall pup owners using it.
- It is easy to store, as the rake scooper and bin can snap together to save up space.
- The scooper pours out previously scooped poop when you open it again to pick up the next load.
- The top handle parts are not securely screwed such that you have to keep tightening them after some time.
#3 Balhvit Non-Breakable Pet Pooper Scooper
- [Strong and Sturdy]: Are you upset because you don`t have good tool to pick up your pet`s poop? Our special designed...
- [Foldable & Portable Design]: Don`t like those complicated tools? We get you! Only need to take ONE step to use our...
- [Strong Claws & Easy Clean]: Non-stick plastic bucket close up tight, and with suitable distance of strong serrated...
The Balhvit pooper scooper is made of ABS non-stick material, which makes it light but sturdy. It has a thicker design in the 2-part connection slot.
It comes with a 24-inch long handle and a cool paw print. It is simple to use, and you only execute one step to pick up your furry friend’s litter. It is easy to store it, and all you have to do is unlock and fold it in half.
It has a plastic scooper with strong, serrated teeth and is perfect for use on concrete, grass, dirty water puddles, and so on. The easy pull handle has two durable springs that ensure an effortless litter scoop. The scooper comes with a 100% satisfaction and money-back guarantee.
A pooper scooper that works on grass and flat surfaces is a winner in our books. This Balhvit device is also easy to use, clean, and store. Coupled with its long handle, the one scoop design is perfect for use. We also love the money-back and satisfaction guarantee.
- The scooper comes with a convenient 32-inch long handle that has an interesting dog paw design imprint, and it is built to use with one hand while freeing the other to tug the dog leash.
- This tool has a claw collection design which is non-stick, and its serrated teeth close tightly after collecting poop.
- It has a highly durable double spring design such that the scooper can open and close with ease during use.
- It offers odor control as it keeps the bad smells away while in use.
- You can gather poop from concrete, dirt, grass, or gravel with this scooper.
- The scooper design is not suitable for picking up loose stools.
- This plastic product can easily break if not used properly or too aggressively.
#4 Dogit Jawz Waste Scooper
- Practical, easy to use and very convenient dog poop scooper
- Features sharp, jagged teeth, ideal for scooping dog waste from grass and gravel, and the ergonomically designed handle...
- Lightweight design is perfect for dog walks, cleaning up your backyard, or when traveling
These dog pooper scoopers have a spring action mechanism you need to make pickups easy but within your budget. Although it is less expensive than its competition, they have all the significant features you need to make cleanup easy.
The Dogit Jawz Waste Scooper is made with solid plastic that is sturdy and easy to clean. It is also lightweight and easy to store.
With the spring-loaded handle, you can use it with only one hand, and the serrated teeth make scooping easier. The rubber grips on the handle are a nice touch, ensuring that the scooper does not slip from the hand while using it. You can use this dog pooper scooper on any surface whether gravel or grass.
This Jawz Waste Scooper from Dogit is the least expensive option, yet it can do the job well. This device can operate single-handedly and effortlessly with its spring-loaded ergonomic handle. It is compatible with all surface and made with very durable plastic.
- This waste scooper comes in a functional black color and has a 25.5-inch long handle that gives pup owners an easy time using it without having to bend over.
- It has an ergonomic one-hand operation design with a soft rubber handle that is easy to grip and also used when scooping dog poop.
- Comes with a double-calibrated spring mechanism that allows for the swift and safe operation of the scooper.
- The scooper is lightweight and portable, as it is made of durable and lightweight plastic which is easy to clean and maintain.
- Comes with a serrated edge scooper which lets you scrape and scoop up poop on different surfaces, such as grass, gravel or concrete.
- Requires extra strength to operate this one-hand scooper so elderly people or those with weak hands will have a tough time using it.
- Some owners complained that the plastic the scooper is made from may be too flimsy as it broke in a short time of using it.
#5 Pik-A-Poo One-Handed Pooper Scooper
- US and internationally patented design. The ultimate pet waste cleaning tool, easy and convenient to carry and use. A...
- Developed from previous PIK-A-POO models with significantly improved scoop design, larger scoop size, reinforced cable...
- Pick up both hard and soft waste from various surfaces. More importantly, PIK-A-POO 7 Scoop does NOT get dirty after...
Uniquely designed by PIK-A-POO, this pooper scooper has become the favorite accessory for long walks. It has a one-handed claw that serves as a pooper scooper and is made from aluminum alloy and nylon. Heavy-duty waste bags are provided with the purchase.
The scooper handle is 28-inch long, thereby providing convenient cleaning without bending. For easy storage, the scooper can be folded easily. It also provides an attachment to hold onto the waste bags for easy access during operation.
It can also use any standard-issue plastic bags available in groceries, and a single bag can be used for multiple pickups too. This dog pooper scooper has an improved design with reinforcing cable in addition to the joint structures for more durability.
Most dog owners find PIK-A-POO One-Handed Pooper Scooper as a well-designed and easy to use tool whenever on the go. These pooper scooper are best for small to medium-sized wastes. If you are on the lookout for a one-handed scooper that has all the best features in one, these pooper scoopers are your best bet.
- This pooper scooper has a 28-inch handle and is light in weight at only 10 oz, so it makes it easy to use without bending while at the same time being easy to carry.
- This scooper has a one-hand ergonomic design which makes it easy to grip, scoop and release, so it makes the work easier and less strenuous.
- It is made of durable nylon and aluminum which makes it long-lasting while easy to clean and maintain at the same time.
- The scoop head can rotate in any direction such that you can scoop in any situation and the handle easily folds for easy storage.
- The pack comes with 15 free poop bags that help you to easily dispose of the poop you collect, and they help you keep your scooper clean after use.
- Some of the plastic parts of this scooper are found to break easily, so you should be careful when using it.
- It takes time and patience to learn how to use the scooper, as the claws can sometimes overlap and can be frustrating when trying to scoop up the poop.
#6 DogBuddy Portable Pooper Scooper
- PORTABLE: DogBuddy Pooper Scooper hooks on a leash. You won't forget it and you won't have to carry it.
- CONVENIENT: DogBuddy Pooper Scooper has integrated waste bag compartment so you are all set. Use any standard size...
- EXTENDABLE: Backside adjusts in size so you can scoop it all. Best for large dogs and pets.
If you are looking for a pretty, compact, and more lightweight scooper, the DogBuddy Portable Pooper Scooper is very slim; it has become the favorite of many dog owners because you can hang it even on the dog leash. This feature is very handy because you can take it wherever you go.
It is versatile because it can double as the dispenser for dog waste bags and accommodate any standard-size waste bag. The backside of this dog pooper scooper has a retractable backside for easy scooping.
Unfortunately, the design does not incorporate a long handle and you will have to bend or squat to scoop up the poop. In this way, you can remove waste from any type of surface, and it can be useful, especially for large dogs and their humongous poop.
This dog pooper scooper from DogBuddy is a fantastic product and very affordable. It is compact, lightweight and convenient to use and can work on any surface. It offers convenience while dog walking because you can attach it on the dog’s leash.
- This portable pooper scooper is available in two sizes which are medium and large, and you can choose from four colors, depending on your pup’s preference, so it can cater to most pup breeds’ needs.
- It comes with an adjustable back side which lets you pick more poop, especially if you have a larger doggie breed.
- This portable scooper has a provision that lets you attach it to a dog leash so you can take it with you during your doggie walks or visits to the park.
- It comes with an in-built disposal bag dispenser, and you can easily tie a full disposal bag to the scooper until you are able to properly dispose of it.
- It is easy to clean and store thanks to the plastic material it is made of and its portable design.
- The provided leash hook does not fit onto all types of leashes, such that you may have to purchase a larger hook.
- The roll of disposal bags takes time to attach, which can be frustrating.
#7 ActiveDogs Dog Poop Scooper
- UPGRADED HINGE SYSTEM: New solid bolt system makes flat style poop scooper guaranteed not to break
- HEAVY DUTY POOP SCOOP: Welded dog waste tool features diamond tread shovel head made with 1/8" heavy duty aluminum
- FLAT STYLE SCOOP: Features molded rubber handles for easy grip and flat scoop makes it ideal for concrete or asphalt...
ActiveDogs designs this very dog poop scooper for durability to last way beyond your dog’s lifetime. Although it can be costlier, the benefits are worth every penny. It has long handles, so there is no need to bend your back while scooping.
This scooper is designed for all types of surfaces too. While most dog pooper scoopers are made from sturdy plastic, this one is all aluminum for durability and long-wearing.
This pooper scooper from ActiveDogs features teeth on one side of the shovel. The jagged style teeth provide convenience when scraping and cleaning after your dog. Its best feature is you can open the mouth of the scooper as wide as you want to handle even more massive poop.
You can attach the handles together too for easy storage. With a whopping 38-inch handle, this is no flimsy tool.
Although this dog pooper scooper from ActiveDogs is on the expensive category, it is very useful in cleaning up your dog’s mess on various surfaces under different weather conditions. It performs best in cleaning up poop on asphalt and concrete. Armed with the serrated teeth on one side, it can effectively clean up messes, even the toughest ones.
- This scooper has 4 different scooping styles, which include flat and teeth options, with the former being perfect for hard surfaces and the latter for surfaces like grass, gravel, or dirt.
- This poop scooper is made of heavy-duty ⅛-inch thick diamond tread aluminum and can easily scoop and dig while scooping without worrying about breaking parts.
- The handles are made with molded rubber, and this lets you comfortably grip your scooper as you use it.
- You can upgrade your scooper pack with an aluminum disposal bin and also bucket liner refills which lets you easily dispose of poop after using your scooper.
- The center of the scooper is connected with a solid bolt system for easy use of the scooper. and a long handle that helps owners not worry about being over to scoop.
- The bolt center can break off after some time of regular use.
- The bucket and disposal bags being sold separately makes it more costly.
#8 Pawler Dog Pooper Scooper
- Easy to use, no more bending - Easily scoop up your dogs poop without ever having to stretch, kneel, or bend down. The...
- Holds a lot more dog stuff- Larger 9" x 9.5" tray lets you conveniently dog poop scoop more before you trek back to the...
- Multi-surface & multipurpose use - Keep your garden clean and enjoy scooping on a variety of surfaces like grass, dirt,...
This lawn saver from Pawler works basically like a broom and a dustpan. It is made of a wire rake-like comb to lift out the poop from grass and a tray for collecting the swept poop. It is that simple!
The tray has a sizeable holding capacity and can be used to collect dead leaves and rubbish, besides poop, thereby keeping your backyard or lawn clean. When purchased, both the rake and the tray need to assembled before use, but no tools are required.
When doing poop patrol in your backyard, a dependable dog pooper scooper from Pawler is an ideal choice. These dog pooper scoopers have long spokes that can sweep up the poop of any consistency and does not damage the grass at all.
- The rake and tray multi-functional design means that you can easily clean and scoop poop, but it can also be used for garden chores like raking grass or leaves.
- The scooper is made of durable stainless steel and aluminum, which means you will be able to use it for a long time without having to worry about breakage.
- The rake and scoop have a long 36-inch handle which makes it easy to scoop without bending or hurting your back if you have such health challenges.
- The rake and scoop can be snapped together using a plastic clip, which makes them easy to store or hang for storage.
- The tray design helps you easily dispose of any poop or trash, and you can use a hose or running water to clean and maintain your scooping tray.
- Assembly is required before using it, so it can be rather frustrating for some pup owners.
- Scooping loose stool with the scooping tray, especially on grass, can be a messy affair.
#9 Sunkoon Non-Breakable Pooper Scooper
- 【Strong and Sturdy Non-Breakable】Sunkoon pooper scooper is made of special high-quality ABS to ensure that our...
- 【Easy to Use】Just slide down the lock and you can quick use Sunkoon Pooper Scooper in one step. You won’t worry...
- 【Perfect Strong Claws & Easy Clean】Strong plastic bucket close up tight, with suitable distance of strong serrated...
If you want to keep your hands clean and stay clear of the stinking mess your dog makes, then this is the perfect product for you. The Sunkoon Pooper Scooper for dogs is a convenient way to clean up after your dog with a 24-inch long handle for easy retrieval of dog waste.
With its ergonomic design and easy-to-pull handle, you can operate the scooper with one hand. It has a stainless steel spring mechanism that tightens the claws with strong serrated teeth. Spillage should never be a problem.
Plus, it is easy to clean and rinse due to a non-stick material, so you don’t have to worry about dirtying your hands.
A great product that has no problem picking up wastes from different surfaces like grass, concrete, gravel, and even water. You can bring it anywhere without worrying about cleaning up messes, whether it is in the park, on the sidewalk, or just inside your house.
- This pooper scooper is made of high-quality ABS, which makes it durable, non-stick, and easy to clean, and it comes in an attractive gray and blue design.
- This is an easy-to-use scooper, as it has a one-hand ergonomic mechanism where you only need to slide down the lock and use the scoop.
- It has an effective 24-inch scooper handle such that you do not need to bend to clean up pup poop, and it can also be folded for easy storage.
- The bucket design of the scooper also has serrated teeth that help you scoop off from gravel, concrete, or grass surfaces with minimal hassle.
- This scooper comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The scoop does not close as tightly as many pup owners would prefer, which means it will not effectively pick up poop.
- The plastic can break in a short time after purchase.
Best Dog Pooper Scoopers Buyer’s Guide
Buying the best pooper scoopers is not a daunting endeavor if you have done your research and know precisely what to look for. To do this, you need to know the points to consider when buying. We have listed the most important things to consider when purchasing a dog pooper scooper here.
How Heavy It Is?
When you are walking the dog, you don’t want to drag along a bulky and inconvenient scooper with you. To make things easy, you need to find a compact and lightweight dog pooper scooper to bring along to the park. It can take the burden out and make things more convenient for you.
What Is It Made Of?
Judging from the dog pooper scooper reviewed in the early part of this article, you can say that it comes in different designs, shapes, and sizes. You need not only the one that best suits your needs but something that is made to last too.
Length Of The Handle
You don’t have to bend when cleaning after your dog, so you need to put a little effort into finding one that has the most convenient length of the handle for you. Make sure that it fits your height perfectly, it will make cleaning up more relaxed and more comfortable.
Where Will You Be Using It?
Ask yourself where you are going to be using your new investment for your pet and how frequent it is going to be. Is it the park or just outside your house? If you are going to use it in your home, a simple rake and spade style will do, but you are going to use it in a park, invest in a tool with a bag. Disposal would be easier, and you will be walking the dog in style.
Until a robotic dog pooper scooper is invented, you will be the one to clean up after your dog, so you better choose the best one for your needs. Having the right tool handy will make this chore a little desirable. If you look at the list, there is a scooper for everyone, but if you are looking for the best, we highly recommend our top pick.
The one-handed operation and spring-loaded handle plus the non-stick surface are definitely worth the investment. It is versatile too in scooping from all types of surfaces. What’s more, it has antimicrobial protection and it is an affordable option loaded with all the features you are looking for in a dog pooper scooper.