The best dog-proof litter box is Modkat XL Dog-Proof Litter Box.
A dog is a man’s best friend. Having one in your house is quite warming and gives you that feeling of being secure. Despite being so friendly and warm, they will occasionally cross the boundaries and become all snoopy. After all, they are animals, and this is expected of them.
When having a cat in your house, this becomes an open rivalry, and mishaps are bound to happen. A common mishap is tracking your cat’s litter in your house.
That problem will be solved by simply getting some of the best dog-proof litter boxes that you can purchase in any retail store. Let’s get started.
#1 Modkat XL Dog-Proof Litter Box
- TOP OR FRONT ENTRY: The Modkat XL is purr-fect for larger cats and multi-cat households. Plus, you can configure it as a...
- PREVENTS LITTER TRACKING: The patented design of the Modkat XL top-entry configuration nearly eliminates litter...
- SWIVEL LID = EASY CLEANING: Simply swivel and scoop. Any litter left on the lid will drop neatly inside when the lid is...
The distinction of the best litter box undisputedly goes to the Modkat XL Litter Box. We really liked its vast array of features that make it stand out from the rest. This is an excellent addition to your household and one that will ensure your dog is kept away from your cat’s litter.
The quality of this litter box is top-notch, and it comes in an array of excellent features that make it stand out from the rest. It is made from durable PVC and this ensures that the dog-proof litter box will last long.
- Measuring 21 inches long by 16.5 inches wide by 17 inches tall.
- Features an easy-to-clean swivel lid.
- Spacious and suitable for cats of all sizes.
- Comes with reusable liners that save you the cost of purchasing new liners.
- Top and front entry configurations.
#2 Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan
- Provides privacy whilst retaining the litter inside
- Large hood lifts up for easy access for cleaning
- The built in bag anchor helps keep the bag open and frees hands for scooping
With a reasonable price point, the Catit Jumbo Hooded dog-proof litter box has most of the features needed to keep your curious pooch away from cat litter. It comes in a neutral warm gray color which makes it a suitable option for most households.
The removable litter pan is also a plus point. This allows you to clean the litter easily, without having to wash the whole dog-proof litter box.
This litter box from Catit comes at a very affordable price that is a good bargain, compared to the great features it offers.
- Measuring 22.4 inches long by 18.3 inches wide by 20 inches tall.
- Weighs 5 lbs.
- Designed in a way to keep your cat in ample privacy.
- Comes with a large hood that lifts easily to allow for cleaning.
- Great for households with many cats due to its capacity.
- Comes with a carbon filler to removes the odors.
#3 Iris Jumbo Litter Box
- Jumbo cat litter box provides maximum space for your kitty
- Flap entry door keeps litter and spray contained as well as odor
- Handle and secure buckles on the lid for easy portability
This litter box is an excellent option with ample space for your cat litter. It is big and suitable for multiple cats or even the larger ones. With its hinged door mechanism, it will prevent snooping by the dogs.
The Iris Jumbo litter box makes great use of its space. It can accommodate cats of all sizes or even many dogs at once, especially puppies. The hinged door allows you to keep your curious pooch out of your cat’s litter.
- Measuring 21 inches long by 18.75 inches wide by 17 inches tall.
- Has a flap door that contains litter in the box.
- Comes with a handle and secure buckles for the ease of portability.
- Curved sides make cleaning very simple.
#4 Petmate Clean Step Litter Dome
- KEEP LITTER IN THE BOX, NOT ON THE FLOOR: Unique, patented, clean step entrance captures litter scatter by wiping cat's...
- MINIMIZE ODOR: A charcoal filter minimizes unwanted odors to keep your home as fresh and clean as possible, even in a...
- MADE WITH RECYCLED MATERIALS: Petmate is not just a friend of furry family members, but the environment too. We produce...
This dog-proof litter box comes in such a unique shape of a dome and has steps that help in maintaining cleanliness by minimizing cat litter tracking. The dome shape also helps to provide privacy to your cat during its nature calls.
The one perk of having this litter box is that it helps to minimize litter tracking within your household. This is mostly due to its steps design that wipes your cat paws as they exit the litter box, leaving your floor litter-free. Its dome shape also prevents intruding dogs from causing disturbance to your cat.
- Measuring 22.5 inches long by 22.5 inches wide by 19 inches tall.
- Litter cleaning steps to prevent litter scatter.
- Contains an odor eliminating filter.
- Rounded design makes it easy-to-clean as it does not have edges.
#5 Q-Hillstar Large Top Entry Cat Litter Box
- 【Easy Clean Little Box】The Pull-out drawer design makes cleaning of cat litter much easier. No more removing a big...
- 【Two Way Entry, One Way Exit Design】This cat litter box not only top entry cat litter box! To prevent cat litter...
- 【Foldable Cat Litter Box】With Folable Design, this cat litter box is easy to assemble and disassemble. It only takes...
If you’re tired of cat litter scattering around the house, then this litter box is your best choice. With its pull-out drawer design, cleaning the litter box has never been easier.
It also comes with two openings, one on the front with a one-way entry or at the top where your cat can enter and exit at will.
The top lid is designed with holes to shake off excess litter on your cat’s paws and prevent it from splashing out of the box. If you have a multi-pet household, the lid also keeps dogs away from any cat droppings, as well as provides much-needed privacy for your cat.
The pull-out drawer is one of the main reasons why this litter box is recommended. There is no need to remove the hood and stick your hands inside to clean up the mess. The box is made from strong and sturdy materials, and its collapsible structure is extremely useful if you want to stow it away or plan a trip with your cat.
- Two-way entry, i.e., top and front, both of which are fitted with detachable covers.
- One-way exit via the top.
- Spacious internal space.
- Collapsible structure for easy storage and portability, weighing only 5.6 lbs.
- Comes in three colors, namely Blue, Gray, and Pink.
#6 AmazonBasics Hooded Cat Litter Box
- Regular cat-litter box with snap-on hood for added privacy and to help contain litter inside the pan
- Plastic swinging door provides easy in/out access for your cat; hood lifts off for easy cleaning
- Made of stain and odor resistant polypropylene plastic; wipes clean with a damp cloth
If you are ever conscious of the cleanliness of your surroundings, then the AmazonBasics hooded cat litter box is perfect for you. It comes with features that are meant to keep the dirt inside the box and prevent litter tracking at all costs.
This litter box is guaranteed to ensure a great level of cleanliness. If you have a dog in your house, the hood will prevent it from snooping in the litter inside. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
- Measuring 20.6 inches long by 15.6 inches wide by 15 inches tall.
- A movable hood that provides your cat privacy and cleanliness.
- Made with a stain and odor-resistant plastic that is easy to clean.
- Available in six different options.
#7 Nature’s Miracle Oval Hooded Flip Top Litter Box
- Built in odor neutralizers continuously neutralize tough litter box odors for up to three months
- Easy-to-use snap latches and flip top front opening make clean up quick and convenient
- Enclosed hood helps prevent litter scatter and leaks from spraying
If you are constantly on the road with your fuzzy friends, then the Nature’s Miracle Oval Hooded Flip Top Litter Box is the perfect match for you. It comes with a handle that makes it portable.
The perk of owning this litter box is that you can carry it comfortably without the fear of spilling its contents or having a stench emanating from it. It’s available in 2 colors and weighs just around 4 lbs.
- Comes in a unique shape.
- Has in-built odor neutralizer for cat litter.
- Prevents your dog from entering.
- Easy to clean.
#8 PetSafe ScoopFree Original Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Automatically removes waste: No scooping, cleaning or refilling your cat's litter box for weeks
- Unbeatable odor control: Crystal litter removes smell by absorbing urine and dehydrating solid waste
- No more messy floors: Low-tracking crystals are 99% dust free and don’t stick to your cat’s paws
With a self-cleaning mechanism, the PetSafe ScoopFree Litter Box is the perfect product for time-constrained cat owners. However, it’s more expensive as compared to the other options available.
This dog-proof, cat litter box is very convenient, and it does not require one to scoop out the contents or clean up every day. You need to pull out the plastic tray once in a while. It is also a good dog-proof litter box owing to its closed design.
- Requires no cleaning as it self-cleans for up to 3 months.
- Crystal beaded cat litter that keeps odors at bay.
- Offers leak and litter track protection.
- Convenient in cleaning.
#9 Pxyz Dog-Proof Litter Box
- LARGE SPACE HAS GOOD PRIVACY - Cat loves the privacy, perfect, and so cute for one cat, for your home for corner space!...
- COMES WITH SCOOP AND PREVENTS LITTER TRACKING - The litter box itself is easy to clean, the enclosed design keeps litter...
- COMES WITH DEODORIZING TABLETS EFFECTIVELY PREVENT ODOR -It also has this wonderful air purifier at the top making it...
If you have a small cat and want to minimize the space used, then you should consider getting this litter box from Pxyz. It comes in a unique shape and design that can be described simply as beautiful. It is an excellent addition to your house due to its aesthetic appeal.
This is a great dog-proof litter box that is perfect if you do not have much space in your household. Its attractive design is a good addition to your house. Also, the hinged doors will make it difficult for your pet pooch to enter this dog-proof litter box.
- Measuring 16.5 inches long by 20.5 inches wide by 15.8 inches tall.
- Is often closed to prevent unwanted intruders.
- Small and suitable for cats of up to 15 lbs.
- Comes with a drag drawer for easy cleaning.
#10 Iris Top Entry Litter Box
- TOP ENTRY: Litter box features a large top entrance to for easy entry and exit
- FILTERED SNAP ON LID: Small holes on the lid of the large cat litter box help to remove cat litter from the cat’s paws
- HIGH SIDES: Kitty litter box features high sides to contain spraying and prevent litter on the floor
This is an excellent litter box that prevents the scatter of litter all over in your house due to its top entry design. The detachable, rounded shape and smooth lid make the cleaning task a breeze. Being a top entry litter box, it will help to minimize your pet pooch from entering this box.
A great benefit of owning this litter box is that it is very easy to clean owing to its shape that does not have distinct edges.
- Measuring 20.50 inches long by 14.75 inches wide by 14.38 inches tall.
- Large and comfortable.
- Comes with a rounded shape for easy cleaning.
- Top entry design to prevent litter tracking and canine disturbance.
- A perforated lid will take the litter contents from the paw of your cat.
#11 Purina Tidy Cats BREEZE Cat Litter Box System
- Purina Tidy Cats Hooded Litter Box System, BREEZE Hooded System Starter Kit Litter Box, Litter Pellets & Pads
- Purina Tidy Cats Breeze Hooded cat litter box system includes a litter box with scoop, one pack of 4 cat pads and 1 bag...
- Disposable cat litter pads lock in moisture so the cat litter box remains dry and are designed to last for 7 days for...
For a litter box that is easy to manage and convenient, then you should consider the Purina Tidy Cat Litter Box System. It comes with an open hinge for the easy entry of your cat same. The open hinge also doubles up as a hood that maintains the privacy. Its pellet system keeps odors at bay and minimize any unwanted odors.
This litter box helps to keep both odors and dogs away from it.
- Measuring 16.8 inches long by 20.5 inches wide by 16.5 inches tall.
- Ammonia blocker to block urine odors.
- Disposable pads that absorb urine.
- An easy-open hinge for easy entry.
- A hood for your cat’s privacy.
Dog-Proof Litter Boxes Buyer’s Guide
We just discussed the various dog-proof litter boxes that would be an excellent addition to your house. These litter boxes have multiple aspects that make them great in features such as versatility, durability, and space.
Now, let’s talk about the various parameters that will guide you in purchasing the best dog-proof cat litter box according to your lifestyle needs.
However, before you get the litter box, the question that you need to ask yourself is:
“Do I need a litter box?”
Here are some of the factors that will guide you to the answer to this important question.
Why Do You Need A Dog-Proof Litter Box?
Your Cat’s Behavior
Firstly, you need to check on the behavior of your cat to learn if the litter box will be such an essential addition to your house. One needs to consider if your feline companion prefers to stay in your house or it free roams outside for most of the day.
Some cats rarely hang around the house, and so a litter box might not be such an important purchase. However, if your cat is the type that enjoys staying indoors, then having a cat litter box will be an important purchase to maintain a level of cleanliness in your house.
Do You Have Other Pets?
If you have other pets in your house such as dogs that are always in conflict with cats, then it is advisable to get a dog-proof litter box. This is because the cat’s litter box serves as a shelter at times.
Is Your Cat Healthy?
This is another crucial factor that you need to check before getting a litter box. If your cat is sick, then it will need to be brought indoors. It’s best to avoid having your other animals such as dogs to come into contact with your sick cat’s waste.
In such a scenario, and the litter box will be an important addition to minimize the spread of diseases within the house.
How Well Trained Is Your Cat?
With cats that are toilet trained to relieve themselves outside the house, you do not really need a dog-proof litter box.
Once you have the right answers to your questions, the next step is to purchase a dog-proof litter box. There are many types of dog-proof litter boxes in the market currently. So, we have gathered a list of factors that you should consider before making the purchase.
Size Of Your Cat
If you have a large cat, then you should look for a bigger dog-proof litter box so that you can accommodate it perfectly. A small litter box could cause the spread of dirt and cat litter in your house.
Number Of Cats
This is also another important aspect that you need to consider before purchasing a litter box. If you have many cats, then larger or multiple dog-proof litter boxes will be very convenient for you.
If you are someone that is always on the move, a portable and lightweight dog-proof litter box will be more convenient. This allows you to carry it easily.
You can also invest in the odor resistant models which have the crystal technology that absorbs odors and is also leak resistant. This will help in keeping all contents and odors in place as no one wants the cat excrement whiff hitting them.
For those who are always busy with no time to check on their pets, a convenient dog-proof litter box will do the trick. This convenience can be achieved due to the self-cleaning litter boxes that will save you time and energy that would otherwise be spent in regularly cleaning the cat litter box.
For added convenience, be sure to lookout for a dog-proof litter box that has a removable litter pan.
Space is another important thing to consider when accommodating a litter box in your house. If you have minimal space, then a small and compact dog-proof litter box might be a better option
Price And Budget
Price is another important factor that you need to consider. You need to check on the price of the dog-proof litter box and ensure that it falls within your financial means. Most canine proof litter boxes which are of excellent quality, come at a steep price, making it an expensive pet accessory for some pet parents to get.
If the price is an issue, you can consider looking out for second-hand dog-proof litter boxes. These tend to be cheaper and more affordable.
When looking at the design of a litter box for your cat, you will look at elements such as privacy and aesthetic appeal. Most cats prefer reliving themselves in privacy so having a dog-proof litter box that has a closed design is the preferred option. The closed design also makes it impossible for other dogs to snoop around the litter and interfere with the clean state.
For the aesthetic appeal factor, you will find kitty boxes with designs that will make your surroundings in your household more vibrant. Designs come in shapes such as domes or even tubules, which makes the dog-proof litter box a great addition to the house.
Preferred Point Of Entry
The points of entry for most dog-proof litter boxes come in two different options, side entry or top entry.
For the top entry, the cat enters the litter box through the top of the box. This is preferred if you wish to maintain cleanliness standards in your house. The reason is that top entry designs prevent litter from tracking. It will also prevent the disturbance of the cat litter by dogs or any other pets that you have in the house.
For the side entry, it allows entry of your cat through the side of the litter box. This is suitable if your cat is small or if you might keep multiple cats which makes it easier for entry.
Having a dog and a cat in the same house can be a challenging experience. Dirt is one thing you will expect but having a dog-proof litter box for your cat will your pet pooch will not make a mess of your cat’s litter at home.
Our top pick is the best choice from the list of dog-proof litter boxes provided above. It does a great job in keeping your dogs out of your cat’s litter box. Also, it comes with a reusable tarp liner and a scoop litter, making the removing of your cat litter that much easier.