The best dog wipes is Booyah Tree Free Bamboo Pet Wipes.
Sometimes, your pooch needs a quick wipe whether it is muddy paws or a smelly butt from anal secretions. In this case, nothing works better than wet wipes. They are convenient and effective and a lot easier for your dog than constant showers. In this case, here are 11 of the best dog wipes on the market.
#1 Booyah Tree Free Bamboo Pet Wipes
Our number one pick is a favorite among dog owners for its dog-friendly formulation. It features all-natural ingredients with the main active ones being aloe vera and vitamin E. They help to maintain the integrity of your dog’s skin by keeping it moisturized and helping with healing in case there was any previous irritation.
In addition to cleaning and moisturizing, the Booyah Tree Free Bamboo Pet Wipes are designed with a special formula that conditions the dog’s hair. You could therefore use these to give your pooch’s coat a slight pick-me-up when it gets a little dull while at the same time freshening up the dog before the next wash.
The wipes themselves are made from sustainable bamboo material. This offers the benefit of being eco-friendly as it is biodegradable. The dog also has a lot to look forward to with this specification as bamboo wipes are particularly soft and therefore gentle on the little one’s skin.
These wipes are easily the best on the market mainly due to their dog-friendly formulation. Everything from the wipe piece to the cleaning formulation includes natural ingredients which not only help you wipe off the nastiness but also leave the coat healthy and refreshed. If you want value for your money this is undoubtedly the best option.
- Booyah emphasizes its eco-friendly manufacturing processes behind this canine wipes product, as each wipe is produced from bamboo, which is known for its ability to regrow within 3 to 4 months after it is initially cut down.
- Booyah’s bamboo canine wipes are manufactured without alcohol, chlorine, paraben, and BPA, which makes this product non-toxic and safe to use on a pooch’s body.
- These bamboo wipes from the Booyah brand come in an easy-dispense container that makes it possible for customers to remove wipes one at a time, without needing to pull out the entire pack.
- These large canine wipes measure 7” by 8.3”, thereby ensuring that they can cover more surface area and making them perfectly suited for use in wiping down bigger dogs.
- This unscented canine wipe product features a combination of aloe vera and vitamin E, both of which contain nutrients that ensure that a pooch’s coat is well-conditioned and maintains a shiny appearance.
- These wipes are considerably thin and several customers have reported needing to use several wipes at a time just to clean a single muddy dog paw.
- The plastic containers that come with the Booyah wipes occasionally fail when it comes to dispensing wipes, as the wipes usually either fall back into the container or the entire lid comes off, thereby resulting in an entire roll of wipes pouring out.
#2 Earth Rated Dog Wipes
- GENTLE INGREDIENTS: Contains soothing aloe, shea butter, chamomile and cucumber. Leaping Bunny Cruelty-Free certified...
- BETTER WIPES: Our dog wipes are hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, dermatologist tested and free of alcohol and parabens.
- USER FRIENDLY: Made of thick, durable, USDA Certified 99% Biobased material, our plant-based wipes are super soft with...
This option features a unique set of ingredients. These include aloe vera, shea butter and chamomile. Aloe vera is ideal for dealing with irritated skin. In addition to soothing, it has been shown to have antimicrobial effects which makes it ideal if you have a pooch currently dealing with issues like breakouts, skin infections or any other form of irritation.
The shea butter and chamomile also contribute to the soothing effect. Furthermore, they help maintain moisture not only on the dog’s skin but also on their fur. They do so by creating a protective seal on the skin and hair layers to help with moisture retention.
This combination of ingredients also gives the Earth Rated Dog Wipes a very unique scent. You could make use of them if you want help with grooming a dog suffering from body odor for one reason or another. It is especially awesome if you like mild scents.
This might be one of the lower budget options, but this does not mean that they compromise on value in any way. From the natural ingredients to the pleasant scent you can rest assured that the pack is more than worth trying out. The best part is that it is safe for your dog with the hypoallergenic and chemical-free formulation.
- The plant-based formulation of the Earth Rated dog wipes contains cellulose fiber materials that are gotten from renewable sources and certified compostable according to the EN13432 standard.
- Earth Rated’s canine wipes product contains aloe vera, shea butter, chamomile, and cucumber, all of which are gentle on a pooch’s skin and safe for daily use and treatment of hotspots.
- The hypoallergenic formulation of this canine wipes product, which is devoid of alcohol and paraben, makes it suitable for use on pooches with skin sensitivity and allergy issues.
- This canine wipe product is available in both lavender-scent and unscented options for customers looking to leave their pooches with a pleasant smell after cleaning and those strictly interested in wiping their canine buddies only.
- The regular-sized Earth Rated wipes measure 8” by 8”, thereby making them perfectly suited for use with small, medium, and large dogs.
- These canine wipes are considerably dry, and customers usually need to use multiple wipes to effectively clean a target area.
- The top of this product’s wipes dispenser tends not to lock well, thereby resulting in wipes usually spilling out of the container.
#3 Glandex Pet Wipes
- SUPPORTS ANAL GLAND HEALTH & PROPER HYGIENE - Convenient for daily hygiene can be use all over body on paws coat face...
- DEODORIZING & FRESH SCENT - Contains natural DeoPlex enzyme to help eliminate unpleasant anal gland odors. Glandex...
- VETERINARIAN RECOMMENDED - For anal gland odor & health used by professional groomers & vets after emptying anal glands....
One of the leading causes of dog odors is anal gland secretions. If you have been around a dog with this you know it is nowhere near pleasant. That is exactly what Glandex Pet Wipes are designed to help you deal with. After all, washing your dog every day can and will get a little tiresome for both of you.
The wipes contain a special compound known as the deoplex enzyme. This is meant to bind to the odorous secretions from your dog’s anal glands. This is a natural extract with deodorizing capabilities that neutralizes bad smells by breaking them down biochemically.
If you are tired of the stench from your dog’s anal secretions and need a simple and quick fix then these wipes are more than up to the task with a simple yet effective natural solution.
- Glandex Pet Wipes are specifically manufactured and intended to be used in cleaning a dog’s anal region after an anal gland expression procedure, thereby maintaining canine anal health.
- In addition to being used for wiping a pooch’s anal region, the Glandex wipes are also suitable for carrying out daily hygienic cleaning exercises on a pooch’s paws, coat, face, and ears.
- This canine wipes product from Glandex contains the natural DeoPlex enzyme that breaks down and eliminates organisms responsible for unpleasant gland odors, thereby ensuring that dogs can smell fresh and clean.
- The Glandex Pet Wipes contain ingredients, such as aloe vera, vitamin E, moisturizers, and skin conditioners that can effectively soothe and restore irritated areas on a pooch’s skin.
- This Glandex product is available in different sized canisters – 24ct, 75ct, 100ct, 450ct, and 600ct – to enable customers to make purchases based on their dogs’ individual needs and budget.
- Poor quality control, as several customers have reportedly received wipes that were unusable, due to the presence of mold and holes on them.
- The Glandex Pet Wipes are considerably thin, and they tend to disintegrate easily as they are being used to clean pooches.
#4 Pogi’s Grooming Wipes
- Conditioning Ingredients - Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Hawaiian Awapuhi help clean, freshen and condition while giving the...
- Large Pet Wipes (8 x 9 inches) - Our textured dog grooming wipes are made big enough for even the largest dogs, and...
- Versatile - When normal baths are not an option, pet parents love using Pogi’s dog cleaning wipes for gentle puppy...
What sets the Pogi’s Grooming Wipes apart from other alternatives on the market is the quilted design that the wipe leaves come with. Aside from giving them a distinct look, the style makes the wipes very effective when it comes to getting rid of dirt from the pooch’s skin, paws and fur. It does this by offering better grip and friction.
They are therefore perfect if you want a pack of wipes to clean things like dirt and mud from your pooch after outdoor exploration. They will get the job done well allowing your little one to continue with the fun indoors without littering your space with dirt and grime.
These are some of the best quilted wipes that will get rid of all the dirt and nastiness from your dog’s coat leaving them fresh and moisturized before their next deep cleaning session.
- The inclusion of ingredients, such as aloe vera, vitamin E and Hawaiian Awapuhi, with special conditioning properties in this canine wipes product helps a pooch maintain a healthy and shiny coat appearance.
- The bamboo base used to manufacture Pogi’s grooming wipes passes Oeko-Tex standards and decomposes easily to avoid contaminating and polluting the environment.
- The canine wipes produced by Pogi’s pet supplies are devoid of parabens, alcohols, fragrances, chlorine and other harsh chemicals that are generally considered toxic and not safe to apply on a pooch’s skin.
- The versatile design of the Pogi grooming wipes ensures that customers can use the product in a variety of ways including as a substitute for dog baths, for cleaning muddy paws or for wiping patches of dirt off Fido’s coat.
- The large size – 8” by 9” – of Pogi’s grooming wipes covers a considerable area on a pooch’s body, thereby making this product convenient for customers to use in cleaning their big canine buddies.
- Several pooches have reportedly developed severe allergic reactions after being cleaned with Pogi’s grooming wipes.
- The packaging of this dog grooming wipe product isn’t the best, as multiple customers claim that the seal doesn’t stay closed after a wipe has been pulled out, thereby resulting in the remaining wipes drying out quickly.
#5 Paws & Pals Pet Grooming Wipes
- INGREDIENTS: Water, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Alkyl Polyglycoside,...
- DIMENSIONS: Each wipe is 9 inches x 6 inches and contain 120 wipes per package.
- SAFE: The wipes are Hypo-Allergenic, Fragrance-Free, and formulated for sensitive skin. Plus, daily wipe downs will...
Here you have yet another set of dog wipes who’s most impressive quality is the use of a set of all-natural ingredients. It includes aloe vera found in most of the alternatives on our list. This helps with moisturization and restoration in cases of damaged skin. Things with this alternative get interesting with ingredients like citrus and witch hazel.
Citrus serves several roles including antimicrobial activity as well as neutralizing dog odor. Witch hazel on the other hand is popular for its restorative effects on issues like dog acne. This pack of wipes is thus ideal if you are dealing with dog odor associated with issues like skin irritation and infections.
You have a lot to enjoy with this set from the distinctive ingredient combination to the large size of the individual wipes which both guarantee you an effective cleaning of your dirty doggy.
- Paws & Pals’ grooming wipes for dogs contain aloe vera, which is notable for its soothing properties that help to heal irritated dog skin and soften dry skin.
- The witch hazel ingredient contained in Paws & Pals’ dog grooming wipes can effectively reduce topical inflammation and relieve discomfort from insect bites and hotspots on a pooch’s skin.
- The eco-friendly nature of this canine wipes product from the Paws & Pal brand is provided by the use of a decomposable bamboo base in manufacturing the wipes, thereby ensuring that they can’t contribute to environmental pollution.
- These grooming wipes come in an easy-open and resealable container that makes it convenient for customers to extract wipes while also ensuring that the wipes left in the container maintain their freshness.
- The 9” by 6” size wipes of this Paws & Pals grooming product are manufactured and suitable for use on all sizes of dogs ranging from small to large.
- The thin nature of these grooming wipes usually results in the wipes stretching and tearing when being used to clean a pooch’s body.
- Some customers have also needed to add water to raise the moisture level of these wipes before using them on their Fidos’ bodies.
#6 PUPMATE Pet Wipes
- DELICATE AND EFFICIENT CLEANSING: At PUPMATE, These grooming wipes for dogs & cats, and puppies wipes go beyond cleaning...
- GENTLE FORMULA: Rooted in the essence of natural goodness, PUPMATE pet wipes are crafted with ingredients like soothing...
- IDEAL SIZE & DURABLE MATERIAL: Our pet wipes are thoughtfully sized at 7.9*6.3 inches, meticulously designed for dogs'...
The Pupmate Pet Wipes are well known for their combination of cleansing, deodorizing and moisturizing effects all with one wipe over the dog’s skin. The triple-threat formulation makes the pack ideal for dog owners who want something simple yet versatile in terms of effectiveness for full value from the investment.
All these benefits are from the use of high quality ingredients like aloe vera and Vitamin E. The specific proportions used in this formulation focus a lot on moisturization for both skin and fur health. So if your doggy has been looking a little dull and flaky then this is a pack worth considering.
The Pupmate Pet Wipe is a pretty simple yet effective pack of wet wipes that is ideal if you are looking for something affordable that still gets the job done.
- PUPMATE’s pet wipes product for pooches boasts an ingredient list with fresh aloe vera and vitamin E to soothe and moisturize dog skin.
- This canine pet wipes product is available in packages with different wipe counts, enabling customers to make purchases according to their pooches’ needs and avoid wastage.
- The soft and mild texture of this dog wipes product from PUPMATE is gentle and comfortable for use on a dog’s skin.
- The quilted design of the packaging used for PUPMATE’s dog wipes ensures that customers can only remove one wipe at a time, thereby helping to prevent wastage that usually occurs due to pulling out multiple wipes at once.
- The non-toxic formulation of PUPMATE’s doggy wipes makes this product suitable for use on various parts of a pooch’s body, including the paws, face, coat, and ears.
- The poor packaging of this PUPMATE product often results in customers needing to poke into the container to extract a fresh wipe, due to the failure of the wipes to stay attached to each other.
- Several customers have bemoaned the unpleasant and occasionally nauseating smell that comes with the PUPMATE dog wipes.
#7 PETRIBE Large Pet Wipes
- Our dog wipes contain Vitamin which can moisturize your pets' skin, freshen their muddy paws, body and butt. Let your...
- Our doggie wipes (8” x 8”) are large enough to cover your hand and be used to wipe down large breeds.
- The puppy wipes are odor free to be safe for dogs and cats. So, they can get rid of any stinky odors without leaving...
These wipes also stand out mainly for their size with their 8″ by 8″ dimensions. Larger wipes pack a bit more of a punch per sheet. This means that in the long run, you will need less for the same effect which definitely helps save you a lot of money.
The wipes are also unique as they are specifically pH balanced at a pH of 7. This balance is within the natural range of the dog’s skin. It is ideal for those with sensitive skin as you do not have to worry about imbalance in acidity and alkalinity worsening the situation.
Size matters when it comes to getting full value from your wet wipes in which case the Petribe Large Pet Wipes definitely do not disappoint offering you more coverage with one swipe.
- PETRIBE’s large pet wipes are devoid of alcohol, parabens, and other harsh chemical ingredients that can trigger skin irritation and cause burns on a pooch’s coat.
- The PETRIBE canine wipes are designed to be used in a variety of ways, including softening dry dog skin, conditioning a pooch’s coat, and cleaning a Fido’s eyes, ears and paws.
- The aloe vera fragrance of PETRIBE’s large wipes leaves pooches smelling fresh after being cleaned, thereby preventing the usually overpowering smell that is typical with the use of strong perfumes for other canine wipes.
- The convenient resealable packaging of this product ensures that customers can easily remove the wipes while preserving the freshness of the contents of the container.
- The canine wipes from PETRIBE are sized 8” by 8” which ensures that customers can clean a significant portion of their dogs’ bodies in one swipe, thereby making this an ideal product for large-sized pooches.
- The thin, and often dry, nature of the PETRIBE wipes often results in customers needing to use a considerable amount of wipes to effectively clean their pooch’s bodies.
#8 Furbliss Hygienic Pet Wipes
- ALCOHOL FREE - Hypoallergenic, unscented and free of parabens, alcohol, and harsh chemicals, safe for a dog or cat,...
- CLEANSING WIPES - With aloe vera, vitamin E, natural deodorizers, and skin conditioners. Great for travel or everyday...
- ELIMINATE ODORS - Gentle on sensitive areas yet eliminates tough odors, great for that stinky and dirty dog or cat
The Furbliss Hygienic Pet Wipes are the second on our list of options that contain the natural deodorant known as deoplex. The concentration here may not be as strong as wipes meant for anal secretions but it is still very effective in handling other dog odors.
It is therefore the wonderful alternative to consider if your furry best buddy has been smelling a little too ripe for your comfort. All you have to do is give them a good wipe and wait for the deodorizing enzyme to get the job done. What’s more impressive is that it manages to neutralize the smell without leaving your pooch with an overpowering and unnatural scent.
This is a very good alternative for dog wipes if you want a simple yet effective solution for funky dog smells without having to put up with any strong artificial fragrances.
- The multipurpose design of the Furbliss pet wipes makes this product suitable for use on various regions of a pooch’s body including the paws, face, ears, belly and anal region.
- Furbliss’ hygienic canine wipes contain DeoPlex, which is a natural enzyme known for its ability to break down odor-causing organisms and remove bad smells from dogs.
- The aloe vera and vitamin E contained in the Furbliss canine wipes are great for conditioning and keeping a pooch’s coat shiny and healthy.
- This canine wipes product is available in both scented and unscented options to enable customers to decide between leaving a fragrance on their pooches after cleaning or just wiping down to eliminate odors.
- The hypoallergenic formulation of the Furbliss wipe, which is also devoid of parabens, alcohol, and other harsh chemicals, makes this a suitable product to use on pooches with sensitive skins.
- Several customers commented that the canine wipes from Furbliss didn’t do enough to neutralize and eliminate unpleasant odors on their pooches.
- The thin nature of this product causes the wipes to break down easily, thereby resulting in customers needing several wipes per paw to clean off mud and dirt.
#9 Dechra 100 Count MalAcetic Wet Wipes
The Dechra MalAcetic Wet Wipes are designed to help relieve irritation on a dog’s skin that is caused by microbes like bacteria and fungi. It makes use of effective yet safe chemicals like boric acid and acetic acid.
In addition to getting rid of the microscopic creepy crawlies wreaking havoc on your dog, the ingredients are also known to help deal with itchiness and general skin irritation. They are in fact so effective at their job that with just a few cleaning sessions now and then you should get rid of the problem in no time.
While they may not serve as alternatives to topical and systemic treatments, the Dechra MalAcetic Wet Wipes make the world of a difference when it comes to dealing with skin infections.
- Dechra’s MalAcetic wet wipes are manufactured with a special cleansing, drying, and degreasing formula that is effective for carrying out quick cleaning or facial degreasing activities on pooches.
- The Dechra wet wipes are also effective for treating and managing a variety of canine skin conditions ranging from hotspots to acne.
- The long-lasting effect of the MalAcetic wipes ensures that a pooch’s skin can stay moisturized for up to a day after the wipes have been used on the dog in question.
- The MalAcetic dog wipes feature a patented Acetic and Boric Acid based formulation that is intended to balance skin surface pH and make this surface unfavorable for fungus or yeast growth, thereby preventing infections.
- These canine wipes come in a 100-count clinic-sized canister that ensures that they can continue to be used for a considerable period.
- The Dechra wet wipes typically come with an overwhelming vinegar smell that a considerable amount of pooches and humans have found to be unbearable.
- Product quality inconsistencies have resulted in customers getting Dechra wipes that are either too saturated or too dry to be effectively used on a pooch.
#10 Mal-a-ket Dog Wipes
- Effective in treating bacterial and fungal skin infections in dogs and cats
- Wipes allow for cleansing and degreasing the skin lesions while treating the infection
- Mal-A-Ket Wipes are veterinarian recommended in treating localized skin lesions and supporting healthy skin for animals...
Another antimicrobial formulation set of wipes is the Mal-a-ket Dog Wipes pack and is just as effective when it comes to dealing with skin infections. The active ingredients here are 1% ketoconazole, 2% chlorhexidine and 2% acetic acid. These work wonderfully against fungal and bacterial lesions on the skin, nose, paws or even hair.
The wipes are also designed to degrease the dog’s skin. This helps relieve clogged pores to help deal with acne while also reducing the level of oil films that sometimes facilitate the overgrowth of the microbes.
This is particularly useful for supportive management of fungal infection on different surfaces on the dog and with the effective and high quality ingredients you should get rid of the surface lesions on your pooch in no time.
- The pre-moistened antiseptic formulation of this canine wipes product makes it effective for degreasing and cleaning dog skin lesions, as well as treating infections of a pooch’s skin.
- Additionally, the Mal-a-ket dog wipes have antibacterial properties that can relieve pooches from the pain that typically accompanies the development of skin hotspots.
- The non-toxic formulation of this Mal-a-ket wipes is safe to use on all the regions of a pooch’s body without customers needing to worry about irritating their canine buddies’ skins.
- This canine wipes product is available in 50-count and 100-count packages to enable customers to make purchases based on their dogs’ sizes and individual needs.
- These dog wipes from Mal-a-ket are manufactured with a mild scent that eliminates odors and leaves pooches smelling fresh and pleasant after a cleaning exercise.
- Customers claim that the Mal-a-ket wipes tend to stick together, thereby making it difficult to separate and use the wipes without damaging them.
- The scent of these canine wipes is occasionally too strong for some pooches and humans to deal with.
#11 ScrubbyPet No Rinse Pet Wipes
- CONVENIENT & WATER ACTIVATED - Super easy to use - single use water activated shower mitten can be used anytime,...
- NO-RINSE FORMULA - No shampoo or rinsing required, just add water, lather up and scrub, the more water you add the more...
- IDEAL USAGE- Dog walking, touch ups and clean up between grooming, hiking, travelling, pet accidents and more.
Last and definitely not least is a set of wipes unlike anything you have seen on our list or will see a lot of in the market. The ScrubbyPet No Rinse Pet Wipes feature a unique design both in terms of the wipe sheet style and the cleansing formulation.
The wipes take the form of mittens that you wear and use to scrub the dog. The fibers are infused with a special water-activated shampoo. All you need to do is wet the mitten, rub it to lather and wipe your pooch. This set is fantastic for dealing with dirt and mud making it ideal for outdoor expeditions whether it is a hike or a camping trip.
This set is not only effective at dealing with your dirty pooch but also economic as the sheets are reusable promising between 10 and 12 uses.
- The innovative design of the ScrubbyPet wipes features a no-rinse formula that makes it possible for customers to lather up and scrub their pooches without needing to use external shampoo products.
- The hypoallergenic shampoo and balanced pH formulation of this canine wipes product makes it safe for use on pooches with sensitive skin and a history of skin allergies.
- These canine wipes are fragrance-free and don’t leave smells that overwhelm pooches and customers after cleaning.
- The fact that the ScrubbyPet mittens can be used without water makes it convenient for customers to carry out quick baths on pooches that are usually scared of water.
- The ScrubbyPet wipes are easy to use with a single-use, water-activated design that can be used in a variety of ways including for canine grooming activities, to mop up dog accidents, to clean doggy paws after hiking and as a travel companion.
- The ScrubbyPet mittens tend to run out of suds pretty quickly, thereby making it impossible for customers to reuse them.
- The thin material of the ScrubbyPet mittens results in a tendency for the wipes to tear when they are being used to wash a pooch.
Dog Wipes Buyer’s Guide
There are many dog wipes on the market which can make shopping for them a little bit trickier than it needs to be. The worst part is that a lot of them seem so similar on paper that it makes things even more complicated. If you have been stuck on your shopping expedition, you have come to the right place.
In the sections below, we will cover all the crucial features and specifications of dog wipes that you need to know about while making your decision. This should help you figure out what each packet has to offer you and your doggy. Here are the most important considerations to factor in:
Scented VS Unscented
One of the main reasons why you might need to get dog wipes in the first place is to help you deal with dog odor when basic washing up for some reason just isn’t an option or a priority. This is where the question of whether to get scented or unscented wipes comes in.
With scented wipes, you have a formulation that helps you get rid of the odor by masking it with something that smells better. It could be something mild and neutral like aloe vera or a scent closer to dog deodorant formulations. The problem with these is that they tend to be a little harsher on gentle dog skin so it is not the best option if your pooch is sensitive.
Unscented options, on the other hand, might not work as well when it comes to masking odors. However, if you get an option with a good enough formula for efficient cleaning, you might not need the deodorizing effect.
Finally, you have the option of enzyme deodorant options. These are often found with the unscented wipes. They help deal with the funkiness by binding and neutralizing odor particles. This leaves your pooch smelling as fresh as they look and feel.
Consider the ingredients
The set of ingredients used with the specific wipes that you are considering are very crucial as they play the biggest role in determining whether or not you get full value for your money. They do this first and foremost by contributing to the overall effectiveness of the wipes. This depends on the specific needs you have from your wipes for your dog.
If you want an option to help you keep your pooch’s skin nice and moisturized, you can never go wrong with the likes of natural oils and aloe vera. The latter further contributes to skin soothing and healing which is ideal if you want wipes to help with skin problems like dander and general irritation. Finally, wipes meant to deal with infections should contain an antibacterial or antifungal agent strong enough for the job in which case options like boric acid get the job done best.
Whatever your specific needs are, natural ingredients are always the best way to go. They are usually just as effective as chemical alternatives without any of the negative side effects.
Your dog’s safety matters
Speaking of negative side effects, you also need to consider the ingredients carefully for your dog’s general safety. The wrong set on your wipes could end up causing more harm than good which in addition to making your investment a waste puts your furry best friend in trouble they really didn’t need to get into in the first place.
Here, it would be best to avoid chemical ingredients like alcohol and parabens among many others. These 2 in particular have been shown to strip the skin and fur of much needed protective layers of oils and proteins. This leaves the hair fragile and the skin irritated and it is all downhill from there.
While on the matter of safety, it is also the better bet to go with hypoallergenic dog wipes. These feature special formulas that are allergen-free. As a result, you do not have to worry about skin reactions or irritated mucosal surfaces like the nose and eyes from using the wipes.
The value of pH balance
Behind that thick cover of fur on your dog lies very delicate skin with a very delicate internal environment. This includes the pH which falls in a neutral range of between 6.5 to 7.5. If this balance tips to either the acidic or alkaline ends of the spectrum, the skin is left more prone to issues like cracking, flaking and general increased sensitivity.
The pH on dog wipes varies depending on the ingredients used. You have to make sure that you settle for something that is specifically formulated to match the dog’s sensitive skin environment. The result here is that the skin will remain safe even with prolonged exposure to the residues from the moisture on the wipe.
Getting the pH balance right with these products is particularly vital with options that feature acidic ingredients. These include acetic acid or boric acid as well as other acidic additives commonly found in the wipes. The balance is often achieved by adding alkaline ingredients that bring its net value back to the neutral range.
Don’t worry, you don’t have to become an overnight scientist and suddenly understand what all the ingredients are. You just have to read the label. If it says “pH balanced” on options that feature the aforementioned acidic ingredients then you should be good to go.
Eco-friendliness is a nice perk
Wipes are designed to be disposable. And if you have an adventurous dog you will be burning through these packs like no one’s business. For this reason, it would be nice to know that the simple act of keeping your pooch well-groomed does not end up costing the environment.
Fortunately, there are several alternatives out there with an eco-friendly design. These usually feature wipes made specifically from biodegradable materials including wood like bamboo.
For the most part, this does not affect the overall quality of the wipes or their effectiveness at their job of keeping your pooch clean. However, it is a fantastic perk to have with your purchase. It is also awesome if you are into composting and want a set that you could easily add to your heap.
Get something with a moisturizing effect
Doggy wet wipes are designed primarily to help you clean the little furry bundle of joy. It is, however, always better for the dog to get something that goes above and beyond this service by offering a moisturizing effect. This is because the very act of wiping may sometimes wipe off the natural moisturizing agents produced by the dog’s skin. If your choice of wipes does not replace these then your dog will end up paying the price with issues like dry and flaky skin.
The most crucial ingredient when it comes to moisturizing is vitamin E and any good pack of dog wipes should at the very least have this as a main ingredient. Aloe vera also does a pretty decent job with the same. They will leave your dog’s skin supple and healthy making life easier for both you and your pooch between cleaning sessions.
Let’s talk size
The size of the wipe plays a role, however small, in determining their overall effectiveness. For the most part, anything over 8″ by 5″ counts as pretty large. This will help you cover more space with one swipe. In addition to being more convenient, it will save you on a lot in terms of your repeat investments as you do not have to replace them as fast.
Wet wipes will clearly make life a lot easier for you whether it is a quick clean or for medical purposes. It is therefore a big deal that you take your time considering your options. The 11 alternatives we have highlighted are truly the best on the market.
Our number one pick is particularly awesome for dogs with sensitive skin. In addition to cleaning the skin and fur, the formulation deodorizes, moisturizes and conditions all in one wipe. So if you are looking for full value for your money this is a great place to start.
Our buyer’s guide should come in very handy when narrowing down your options. That way you will make the best possible decision for your beloved doggy.