The best glow in the dark dog collar is Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Collar.
For your dog, time outside is awesome whether it is day or night. But for you as the owner, the thought of losing your best buddy out there in the dark can be a little daunting. That is what makes getting the best glow-in-the-dark dog collar a wonderful idea. Here are 7 of the best options in this case.
#1 Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Collar
- Save Your Dog's Life - Blazin light up dog collars offer an outstanding 1,000 feet of visibility so your pet is easily...
- USB Rechargeable - Your lighted dog collar runs up to 8 hours on a single charge so you can track your pet camping, in...
- Durable and Waterproof - Blazin has designed your light up collar with quality nylon, durable enough for the most active...
This is pretty much an ordinary dog collar with a strip of glowing bulbs. It has all the features of a good quality dog collar including the adjustable straps and thick strap cut for the dog’s comfort. The design offers versatility as you can use it both during the day and at night.
The best part is that the glowing strip design does not hinder your ability to adjust the fit. This is because the bulbs themselves have a slim design that allows them to slide under the adjustment buckle without getting stuck or damaged.
The Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Collar is easily our best pick with its great construction and several dog and owner-friendly features. It is also really cool that you get something you can use both at night and during the day with one purchase.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- 8 hour battery time.
- 3 modes; on, strobe and blink.
- Visibility range of 350 yards.
#2 BSEEN LED Dog Collar
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL: Collar measures 70 cm - But can be cutted to any length using scissors to fit your pet.
- 3 LIGHT SETTING: Slow flash, quick flash and steady glow (Easy push button).
- RECHARGEABLE MINI USB: This item equipment with a rechargeable line.
Here we have a simple glowing halo design with a one-size-fits-all 70 cm cut. It is designed to allow adjustability by simply cutting the tube based on your dog’s neck size. Don’t worry, they have very specific and easy-to-follow instructions so you do not ruin your purchase.
In addition to the unique adjustability, the dog collar stands out with its touch controls. These allow you to easily turn it on or off as well as to switch between modes.
This is a nice low budget option if you want a nighttime accessory for your outdoor expeditions in the dark with your beloved dog. You just put it on, put on their restrain collar and leash and you are good to go.
- Durable plastic tube.
- 3 light modes; quick flash, slow flash, and steady glow.
- USB rechargeable battery.
#3 MABRILL Lighted LED Dog Collar
- HIGH VISIBILITY & SAFETY-The led dog collar is with high quality flat optical fibers, over 50% brighter than others,...
- USB RECHARGEABLE TO SAVE EXPENDITURE-Our light up dog collar is made by polyester webbing and there's a Flat TPU optical...
- WATERPROOF & RUST-PROOF-Water-repellent,rust-proof components, lightweight, strong, durable make MASBRILL LED Pet Collar...
The Mabrill model has a standard adjustable collar design with a TPU optical fiber strip running all around. The glowing strip emits more light than many LED bulb collars and is fantastic if high visibility is a huge priority for you.
The rest of the dog collar features breathable polyester material. This is not only comfortable and breathable for the pooch but also highly durable. It is therefore ideal for activities like hiking or swimming both in the day and at night.
This is an awesome pick if you want a night time dog collar for tasking outdoor activities like hiking or swimming.
- USB rechargeable batteries
- 10 hours battery life.
- Waterproof construction.
- 3 modes; fast flash, steady flash and constant.
#4 Illumifun LED Dog Collar
- ❋❋LED SAFETY DOG COLLAR - Illumifun LED dog collar is so bright and easily seen. It’s made of nylon webbing with...
- ❋❋THREE GLOW MODES - It can be set to quick flash, slow flash or steady glow by pushing the button.
- ❋❋RECHARGEABLE MICRO USB - The LED dog collar can be recharged by Micro USB cable with daily use devices. Charge...
What stands out the most with this dog collar is the battery life. The lights are rechargeable using a USB cable and it will take about 2 hours of charging to get the battery full. After this, you will have up to a whopping 10 hours of light depending on the usage mode.
There are 3 options in this case. The first is the slow flash in which case you have 8-10 hours. The second is the quick flash which gives you 6-8 hours of use and finally, you have the steady glow mode which offers 2-3 hours of functionality from a full battery.
If battery life is a huge priority for you then this is an excellent alternative to look into.
- Nylon webbing over the LED light.
- Adjustable strap.
- Secure quick-release buckle.
- USB rechargeable batteries
#5 Domi LED Dog Collar
- 🌟SUPER BRIGHT COLLAR -- This light collar helps to keep small dog & cat visible and safe in darkness with LED & TPU...
- 🌟SUIT FOR SMALL PETS -- It is suit for small dogs such as chihuahua, poodles, or cats. Its whole length is 12 inch,...
- 🌟USB RECHARGEABLE COLLAR -- This glow dog collar can be recharged by the Micro USB cable with any other daily use...
This is easily one of the brightest options on the market. The effect is a result of the use of TPU material for light guiding. The Nylon reflective stitches further complement the glowing effect for optimum glow. This gives the dog collar an impressive visibility range of 500 meters for added safety during your nighttime escapades with your dog.
In terms of brightness and visibility range, this dog collar is a wonderful pick that will ensure your dog is safe from traffic accidents and getting lost when you go out in the dark.
- Adjustable collar size.
- 2 modes; flashing and steady.
- Battery life of 2 to 5 hours depending on the mode.
#6 Higo Rechargeable LED Dog Collar
- 💕💕ONE SIZE FIT ALL - The length of HIGO LED dog collar is 70cm, the transparent TPU tube can be cuttable by...
- 💕💕SUPER BRIGHT - it adopts 2pcs LEDs& TPU light guiding tube, glow in 360 degree, high visible in the dark to keep...
- 💕💕3 FLASH MODES - you can choose the flash modes(quick flash, slow flash, steady glow) according to different...
This is more of a flashing necklace design than a dog collar. The TPU tubing guides the light around the piece for the bright halo effect. This makes the dog easily visible in the dark for their safety.
In addition to light guiding, the material makes the dog collar comfortable and is also very durable which means you will have a comfortable and functional accessory for your dog for a very long time.
This is another worthy alternative if you want the simple flashing necklace design to use with your standard collar.
- 70 cm tube adjusted by cutting.
- Easy to wear and take off.
- 3 modes; steady glow, quick flash and slow flash.
#7 Illumiseen LED Dog Collar
- SAVE YOUR DOG’S LIFE – this collar will save your dog’s life by keeping it visible, safe and seen. This bright...
- HIGHEST VISIBILITY – unlike others, our LED dog collars provide the highest visibility and are built to last so your...
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY THAT LASTS MULTIPLE WALKS – the USB rechargeable battery (cable included) gives 5 hours of...
Rounding up our list is another versatile collar with both daytime and nighttime applicability. The dog collar features 2 strips of LED lighting that offer terrific visibility at night. The lights are powered by a rechargeable battery. The best part is that you have 5 hours of use to look forward to before you have to recharge the dog collar.
This is a decent alternative if you want something simple yet functional for your dog.
- Available in 6 colors.
- Adjustable straps.
- Easy-to-use quick-release buckle.
- USB rechargeable batteries
Glow In The Dark Dog Collars Buyer’s Guide
Nighttime walks with your furry best friend can sometimes be the most magical hangouts. Maybe it is the stars. Maybe it is the calm in the darkness. However, it can also be quite risky especially if you have an overexcited pooch with an affinity for trouble and running off.
For their safety and your peace of mind, glow in the dark collars are a fantastic option. However, with all the options available on the market, shopping for the accessory can be a bit of a nightmare. This is the case particularly if you do not understand your options and what different specifications mean for you and your pooch.
To help you out, here are 6 major factors to consider when making your decision on the best glow in the dark dog collar so that you end up with the best value for your money.
Glowing collars vs. reflector strips
When it comes to night visibility collars, you have two options: reflector strips and glow in the dark collars.
Reflectors are strips of material that reflect light from external sources. As the light bounces off the surface of the material, it seems to glow making it visible in the dark. While these are effective for night time escapades with your doggie, they have one major setback. This is that they do not produce any light of their own and rely entirely on the environment. Therefore, if your pooch wanders off into the dark and you do not have a flashlight on you or a street light nearby, things might get a little tricky.
Glowing collars, on the other hand, produce a light of their own. They usually feature light-emitting bulbs that more often than not are LED. These battery-powered bulbs are fantastic as they do not rely on environmental light sources. So if your best buddy runs off you just have to look out for a glowing halo and your worries are all gone.
This refers to how far the light travels from the light-emitting bulbs on the dog collar. The value determines how far away your dog can be from you in the dark while still being visible to you so it is very important to consider.
Most decent quality options offer a visibility range of between 300 and 400 yards. To put this into perspective, 300 yards is almost equal to the length of 3 soccer fields. This value is fantastic as it pretty much guarantees that you can spot your pooch from really long distances.
You can let them run around and have fun without always being so tightly wound by the leash which makes them happy. And all this time they will still be visible even in the dark. That is, of course, as long as you have good eyesight.
Most glow in the dark dog collars are battery powered and use rechargeable batteries. The amount of time you have with each charge is a key consideration as it determines the value you get. It goes without saying that something with a short battery life would not be awesome as you have to keep recharging and there is always the risk of having it run out of juice when you are out and about in the dark.
A good pick should offer at least over 6 hours of lighting per full charge. Yes, you probably will not spend 6 hours out in the dark with your dog unless you are on a hiking expedition or something. However, the long battery life means that you do not necessarily have to keep on recharging it every time you go out. Just roughly estimate how much time you use out with your doggie and you will be able to approximate the ideal recharge time.
Glow modes available
At first glance, this might seem like a non-essential bonus. However, those glow mode options actually could help you a lot when trying to keep an eye out for your pooch in the dark. Most collars offer a variety of modes most of which are just variations of steady light and flashing.
Steady lights are great for baseline monitoring. They help to save on power and are also generally more comfortable for your dog. Some collars allow you to choose the intensity of the light. You could go bright if you want to give your dog some freedom to run off. Or you could dim things down if there is sufficient environmental lighting or you just want to save on the battery.
Flashing lights, on the other hand, come in particularly handy when you are afraid that your dog may run off and get lost. They are much easier to spot especially from long distances as the flickering is designed to grab attention and allow the dog and its collar to stand out.
Coverage by the glow strips
How much of the dog collar do the glowing parts take? Is the entire thing a glow in the dark neckpiece for your dog? Are there small strips of glowing lights around the dog collar? Or is it a nice balance between functional collar and visible glowing bulbs?
These are your options when it comes to coverage with glow in the dark dog collars and each has its set of pros and cons. With full coverage collars where the entire thing is one large glowing halo, you will have maximum visibility. However, this usually means that you miss out on the functionality of the unit as a collar so you may have to use both the strip and the dog collar.
With the partial options where there are small bits or there is balance, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds. You will have a collar that actually works as a restraint while enjoying the visibility that the partial-coverage glow bulbs or strips have to offer.
Speaking of functionality, the versatility that your glowing dog collar has to offer is another very important factor to consider when shopping for these accessories. The best option is the dog collar that serves both as a collar and a night visibility tool. These usually have the design and cut of an ordinary collar with everything from leash attachment rings to adjustable straps. This makes the piece versatile allowing both daytime and nighttime so you do not have to buy 2 separate pieces.
A glow in the dark collar is a fantastic investment to make as a dog owner. And you now know all that you need to make an informed decision that will give you and your pooch the best value. By these standards, our top pick stands out as one of the best options on the market. It is versatile, well-constructed and offers great performance as both a nighttime and daytime accessory.
Therefore, if you are stuck in your shopping journey you now have an excellent way out and 6 other really good alternatives to compare and consider.