Portable And Elevated Bathtub
This type can easily be used both indoors in the comfort of your bathroom, or outdoors in your yard. Additionally, elevated bath tubs are easy to assemble and can be transported and used anywhere.
Designed with simplicity as the primary concept, shower bags just need to be filled with shampoo water and used on the go. Shower bags are practical and easy to carry around. Therefore, they can even be used while camping or hiking.
Multifunctional Cleaning Systems
As the name suggests itself, these devices are more complex and besides washing your dog with doggy shampoo they can also suck the dirty water back but in a different container from the clean one. Depending on the manufacturer, some multifunctional cleaning systems can even be used to remove dog hair from furniture.
Benefits of Using a Portable Bath Tool
As a responsible dog parent you know how hard it is to deal with your dog’s dirtiness. Bath tools make the process of cleaning your dog much easier. In fact, there are several benefits of using a portable bath tool:
- Large dogs are hard to lift and fit into your bathroom’s bath. Additionally, if scared of the bathing process itself, large dogs may try to wrestle while being placed in your bath. This is not only exhausting but can also be dangerous if either you or your dog slip.
- Bath tools allow 360-degree access. Unlike regular baths, portable bath tools allow you to have better access to your dog. Consequently, the cleaning process will be more efficient.
- Your bathroom will remain clean and tidy. We can all imagine what a mess our dogs can make if given the opportunity. Decorating the bathroom took time, money and effort and if not careful, it can all be ruined.
- Active and working dogs often get beyond dirty. To be honest, active and working dogs (such as hunting dogs, herding dogs and service dogs) often come back home covered in mud, dirt and grime.
- Hunching over the bathtub can be painful. If you have some form of disability or physical limitation, hunching over the bathtub would be impossible. Even if everything is alright with you, hunching for a longer period of time can be uncomfortable.
- Your canine baby is a heavy shedder. If your dog’s hair goes down the drain you will definitely need a plumber. Using a portable bath tool prevents you from having to pay a plumber.
- Keeping your dog clean while away from home can be hard. Well, it is not hard if you have a portable bath tool. That way your dog will be clean anywhere and at any time (particularly important if participating in dog shows and field trials).
- Being bathed outdoors is less stressful for your pouch. Some dogs are reluctant when it comes to bathing. Performing the bathing ritual outdoors, in a more comforting environment can have a positive, calming effect.
How to choose the perfect portable bath tool?
When choosing the perfect bath tool, you need to take into consideration several factors:
As previously stated there are several different types of bath tools. Which you choose, depends on your needs and the needs of your dog. There is no such thing as the ideal bath tools. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
Make sure you measure your dog before purchasing a bathtub. The tool needs to be spacious enough to comfortably suit your dog.
Make sure the bath tool you are purchasing is made of strong and durable materials capable of withstanding years of continuous usage. Today, most bath tools are made of high-quality PVC.
Last but not least, take into consideration the product’s price. Usually, high-quality products are of better quality. However, that is not always the case.
Taking care of Your Portable Bath And Tools
How to properly take care of your portable bath tool depends on its type and model. Different models require different maintenance procedures. However, there are certain basic principles that apply for all types and models. Those include:
- Protect the bath tool while not using it. Portable bath tools are specifically designed for quick showers; they are not intended for full-time use. Therefore, when not in use they need to be properly protected.
- Consider replacing certain parts when needed. Good and regular maintenance is important for prolonging the bath tool’s life. Keep in mind that even high-quality bath tools require parts replacement once in a while. If you use the bath tool for large dogs, chances are you will need more frequent replacements.
- Keep your dog’s parasites away from the portable bath tool. Before using the bath tool, thoroughly check your dog for external parasites such as lice, flea, ticks and other insects. Sometimes, those parasites can damage the bath tool. Not to mention they are dangerous for your dog and need to be timely and properly removed.