The best dog ramp for water is KHTS6310 Dog Pool Exit Ramp.
Are you going out on the sea with your dog? Or perhaps you’re just trying to have your pup comfortably swim in your pool. However, your dog will have problems entering and exiting without some assistance.
Because of this, you’ll need a dog ramp. And while there are hundreds of them in the market, we’ve narrowed it down to the 6 best dog ramps for water available.
#1 KHTS6310 Dog Pool Exit Ramp
The KHTS6310 Dog Pool Exit Ramp can be used in any water setting. Whether it’s a pool with a deck, a regular-in-ground pool, or even a boat, your dog will still be able to feel relaxed in the water. The main platform of the ramp is an impact-resistant, UV-treated plastic resin that’s highly durable.
The interior of the ramp is hollow, allowing it to float in water. There are PV-coated polyester external tubes that are safe for your dog to grasp. This is a reliable product that’s been used on inflatable boats for years. So you’ll know that you are getting high quality here.
Plus, the internal bladder has a 100% polyurethane bladder that enhances its durability. The ramp has “Superman” mesh which is a coated fabric. Since it’s negatively buoyant, your dog will have access to the ramp.
The KHTS6310 Dog Pool Exit Ramp is our best pick because of the functionality it provides. The mesh has great traction, but it doesn’t let your dog’s nails stay stuck inside it either. The unit’s straps are made of high-quality Delrin and nylon. This is a necessary product for owners who want their dogs to hang with them at the beach or at the poolside. Before you look at the other products on this list, consider getting this one if you want the best quality dog ramp available.
- This dog pool exit ramp is made of stainless steel, polyvinyl chloride, and other plastics, to give it the sturdiness and durability for your pups to use for a long time.
- It is 24 x 12 x 1 inches in size, weighs 14 lbs, and it can hold doggies of up to 70 lbs, so it can cater to many small and medium dog breeds.
- It is made of waterproof material that will be easy to clean and dry after use.
- It comes with two weight bags to hold the ramp down as your pup uses it and all you have to do is fill them with sand.
- It is made of a non-skid coating, and it will ensure that your doggie is safe and will not slip or injure themselves when using this ramp.
- The feet of the ramp are not well secured, so it tends to displace itself during use.
- It is not ideal for large pups as they could fall and harm themselves in the process.
#2 PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
- Unique soft non-slip rubberized walking surface feels natural on paws and provides Superior Traction in all weather...
- No rough sandpaper or dirt-harboring carpet. Will not rust or corrode and can be cleaned with soap and water,...
- Universal non-slip grip fits all vehicles and edges while folding in half for easy storage and portability.
The PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp has a universal fit for each vehicle, so you don’t have to size anything before buying. It folds easily for storage when it’s not in use, or it can fit compactly in your car so you can take it with you. Despite its folding, it can hold up your dog’s weight; it has a weight capacity of 500 lbs, making it good for large dog breeds.
Also, the ramp is made of an advanced composite plastic that’s resistant to corrosion and rust. And it has a soft and nonslip texture so your dog won’t have issues walking up the ramp. The composition makes it easy to be cleaned; just add soap and water, and it will look as good as new.
One significant feature about this ramp is that it can work on both land and water. This is evident because although it looks like a usual dog ramp, it has holes, slots, and hooks that make it easier to attach to poolside, piers, and boats.
Overall, the PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp is great for owners on a budget. It has a corrosion-resistant walking surface, that’s perfect for dry and wet conditions. The grips and handles have an ergonomic shape, thus making them easier to use and transport. The support feet are made of dense rubber material to give extra stability and grip. As a result, your pooch will be comfortable as soon as its paws touch the ramp.
- Weighing at 22 lbs, this pet ramp is capable of bearing up to 500 lbs, which caters to all, if not most, dog breeds, and it is also available in beige and khaki colors.
- It is made of a soft non-slip, rubberized surface that can work under wet or dry conditions, and it protects your pup from slipping and falling while using it.
- It has no hard-to-clean surfaces or material such that you can easily keep it clean with some soap and water.
- It is made for most car brands and can easily fit indoors or outdoors, so your pup can enjoy walking on this ramp at any time.
- The ramp folds in half so you can easily store it and also pack it for travel or after use.
- The ramp is rather bulky and heavy such that someone with weak arms or elderly may not be able to use it without assistance.
- It is narrow for some pup owners such that doggies with a walking problem may risk falling off and hurting themselves.
#3 Solstice Inflatable Pup Plank Pet Ramp
- PET RAMP: The Pup Plank makes getting in and out of the water easy for your furry friends; Its weighted mesh sinks below...
- USE ANYWHERE: Perfect for all swimming environments including off the boat, the dock, or in the pool; Use its built in...
- SUPER PORTABLE, EASY STORAGE: Incredibly easy to inflate, deflate, fold, and store back in the included bag - perfect...
For fun summer activities, nothing beats getting into cool waters for a refreshing dip. The Solstice Inflatable Pup Plank Pet Ramp is an excellent product that can assist your dog in getting into and out of the water.
It has a weighted mesh that sinks below water level to make diving into the pool or lake easier. The EVA traction pad is also easy on the claws for comfortable boarding.
It is easy to install on the steps of your boat or your pool with built-in D-rings and two 8-ft tie-ropes to secure the plank. Inflating and deflating is a cinch with the included pump.
Plus, its incredibly lightweight but military-grade material makes it easy to store and fold and placed inside the carry bag accessory.
The military-grade materials used in its heavy-duty construction make this Solstice Inflatable Pup Plank Pet Ramp is a durable and reliable product for outdoor swimming activities. With that, your pooch would never have to struggle to get out of the water.
- This uniquely designed pet ramp in XL size is 48 x 32 x 5 inches, and it can handle pups of up to 110 lbs and you can get it in Mini for pups up to 30 lbs and Sports for those up to 120 lbs and it comes in Yellow/Grey color combination.
- This is perfect for use in water, and it comes with weighted mesh sinks that make it easy for pups to enter the water safely.
- It has built-in D-Rings and two 8-foot tie-ropes, which help you secure this ramp in any environment.
- Made on an extra-dense EVA traction pad which is perfect for a launch pad when pups are playing in the water.
- The ramp is accompanied by a pump, carry bag, and repair kit, which help you to easily inflate, store, and maintain it.
- The seams sometimes come apart after a short time of use which means your pups cannot use it before you repair it.
- Some pup owners feel that the ramp does not effectively inflate so it may be hard to use it in such a state.
#4 PetSafe Telescoping Dog Ramp
- CONTINUE ADVENTURES TOGETHER: Use the telescoping ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your tallest truck,...
- EXTRA LONG ADJUSTABLE SIZING: Longer length and extra wide telescoping ramp allows you to help your pet get in and out...
- SAFETY TESTED and DURABLE: This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 300 lb
The PetSafe telescoping dog ramp is a great product in helping your furry pet get in and out of your vehicle with ease. Its aluminum lightweight structure only weighs 18 lbs but is strong enough to support a weight of up to 300 lbs.
The ramp can be lengthened from 47 to 87 inches by adjusting the slide that spans a width of 20 inches, wide enough to accommodate larger dogs. This also makes it convenient to store and comes with a safety latch to keep it in place.
The gray-colored high-traction surface of the ramp with side rails also ensures that your furry pets can confidently walk up and down the ramp without fear of slipping or falling.
The long PetSafe telescoping dog ramp allows for a smooth incline making it easier on pets who are keen on steep jumps. Plus, the built-in guard rails and easy-to-grip treads both add security to your pets as they move up and down the ramp.
- This is an extra-large aluminum dog ramp that weighs 18 lbs and can carry pups of up to 300 lbs.
- The ramp is 47-87 x 20 x 4 inches in size, and it is wider and longer for pups to easily climb in and out of vehicles with minimal stress.
- It is made with a high-traction surface and raised side rails which ensure that your dogs do not slip or slide off the side while using it.
- You can secure the ramp in place thanks to the snap latch and non-skid feet to prevent it from shaking or moving.
- It has an easy carry handle which enables you to carry the ramp around and also to place it in storage after use.
- Larger pups who may have an injury or are recovering from surgery find the ramp too narrow for them to use, and this can cause them more harm.
- The rough surface of the ramp has to be wrapped as it sometimes destroys vehicle interiors.
#5 Great Day Load-A-Pup Pet-Loading Platform
- With The Load-A-Pup, You And Your Dog Can Enjoy All The Fun Associated With Recreational Boating
Your pup will never have to stay home with a sad face when you’re out on the lake! This Great Day Load-A-Pup pet-loading platform allows your dog to enjoy recreational boating. Simply hook it to the boarding ladder and your dog will be ready for action.
This LP500 model is made of aircraft aluminum and has gripping ridges so your dog can walk on the platform safely. The dog ramp weighs 7 lbs and measures 14 inches wide by 20 inches long. It’s able to fold flat for easy storage when it’s not in use.
If you’re trying to teach your dog how to swim, try using the LP500 platform from Great Day. Because there are no steps involved, it’s a good choice for senior dogs who struggle with ladders, especially after swimming in the water.
- This loading platform is made of lightweight, aircraft aluminum and is 24.5 x 17.5 x 3 inches in size but only weighs 8 lbs which makes it suitable for most pup breeds.
- It is made for attaching or hooking onto your boat’s boarding ladder, and this lets your pup enter or leave the boat at will.
- It has gripping ridges for a safe footing for your pup, and this lets them safely climb back into the boat without worrying about slipping and falling.
- It is rust-proof and corrosion-proof such that your ramp will stay looking new without suffering any damage.
- You can easily place the ramp in a flat format so you can place it in any storage space.
- The platform sinks too low into the water, and this means that your pup will have a harder time climbing out of the water.
- The edges of the frame are made of metal and can cause scratches or damage to a boat’s fiberglass material.
#6 RamKurgo Wander Collapsible Dog Ramp
- LOW-STRESS RAMP: This dog car ramp is designed to be a low-stress entry point for your pets, no matter their age or...
- DURABLE LIGHTweight DESIGN: This lightweight 10-pound pet ramp with durable plastic construction enables you to...
- NON-SLIP SURFACE: The gentle incline and non-slip surface of dog ramp for car make it easy for your dog to enter any...
Do you have a senior dog that is suffering from hip dysplasia or arthritis and has difficulty hopping onto the back of your truck?
This Kurgo Wander Collapsible Dog Ramp is perfect for your beloved pooch to enter and exit your truck or SUV with ease. In fact, it works well for any dogs of any age or physical condition that you wish to bring along on your trips.
Spanning 62 inches long by 15.5 inches wide, this ramp has a gentle incline and a non-slip surface to give your dog an excellent grip while going up or down the ramp. It comes with non-slip rubber feet to keep the ramp firm and evenly planted during use.
The foldable structure is pretty lightweight and weighs around 10 lbs. It is easy to store with a safety lock to keep it in place when folded.
Perfect for an out-of-town trip or just a short trip to the veterinarian. The Kurgo Wander ramp helps dogs, especially those with disabilities, to enter and exit your vehicle easily without you breaking your back.
- Weighing 10.4 lbs, this dog ramp is made of a rubber surface and plastic edges, and it can handle pups weighing up to 200 lbs.
- The ramp is designed with a non-slip surface that gives your pups an easy time while boarding your vehicle.
- This ramp has a gentle incline which is perfect for elderly doggies and those with arthritis or recovering from surgery.
- With the safety lock, you can open up the ramp for use but also fold it in half for easy storage or transportation.
- It is easy to clean and dry as you only need to use soap and water to clean the surface.
- The ramp is too short for larger or higher vehicles, and this means your pups cannot use it in such a situation.
- The ramp is narrow, and this can cause your pup to fall over the side.
Dog Ramps For Water Buyer’s Guide
Still, need help with selecting the right dog ramp for your pooch? Keep reading, and we’ll give you some tips on how to make the shopping process easier.
Why You Need To Use A Dog Ramp For Water?
Some dogs are skilled in shimmying on the deck after a dip, and smaller dogs can easily lift out of the water manually. However, stairs and ramps are always a wise addition to your boat or pool.
Some of the good most important reasons are:
- While dogs are good at climbing back at boats and entering pools, they can still get injured without the right equipment. By buying a dog ramp, you’ll give them a safe way to access the water.
- Stairs, platforms, and ramps give your dog a simple way to enter and exit the water, which will help them enjoy swimming over time.
- By giving your dog an easy way to get in the water, you’ll reduce the number of bruises and injuries. You don’t have to wrestle with your dog to get them out of the water. Also, always remember to let your canine companion wear a lifejacket for additional safety.
- Ramps provide a lifeline for dogs that fall in the pool. This ensures that your dog can exit the pool when you’re not around. This is important for dogs like pugs and bulldogs, who have difficulty swimming.
Benefits Of Using Dog Boat Ramps
Easier For The Owner
With dog ramps, you don’t have to lift your dog. Lifting your dogs can be dangerous for both you and your pooch. Once they are installed, you don’t have to waste time getting your canine companion out of the water.
Ramps help prevent injuries and joint problems. Therefore, they promote your puppy’s health and increases their life span.
A dog ramp can be used for more than just on pools. They are lightweight and portable, meaning that they can be used in rivers, lakes, and boats. Although do take note that these ramps are made for water and are not suitable for cars. For walking your pooch up a car, you will need a dog ramp made specially for SUVs.
Additional Factors To Things To Consider
There are over hundreds of dog stairs and ramps on the market, but most of them are designed to let your dog access a sofa or bed. While some of these products might be useful, most aren’t appropriate for this type of use.
There are some important things you should consider when getting a ramp to help your pet doggy. Keep these factors in mind:
Does It Have A Waterproof Finish?
Anything you use around the lake or pool must resist water damage so it can last for a reasonable length of time. But each ramp has varying degrees of resistance.
For instance, you can have a dog rap made from aluminum or ABS plastic in the water for a month without noticeable harm. However, pressboard ramps are coated in a waterproof coating or paint. While this will protect the ramp for some time, a breach in the layer will cause the pressboard to rot and absorb a lot of water.
Your dog will flail around when first learning how to use a set of stairs or ramps. So you have to make sure that the edges are unlikely to cause injuries and feels smooth on their feet. Most dog ramps are designed to be safe, but have sharp edges.
While you can sand down tough surfaces, it’s better to avoid this issue in the first place.
Ease Of Installation
Some systems are easy to set up. But others are designed to be permanent. Some dog pool stairs require elaborate efforts to install because they are for long-term use. You might need to place holes in cement, to install some of the ramps on in-ground pools.
Your dog will be dripping wet when exiting the water, so you have to ensure that the ramp has a good grip to prevent them from injuring themselves. Some dog pool stairs use a textured surface, while others use ridges or gaps to help your dog stay balanced.
You won’t have to move boat ramps often, but you’ll want a ramp that’s portable for a myriad of reasons. You might even want to use it in different locations. In most scenarios, it’s best to get a ramp that’s lightweight and folds up.
Getting a dog ramp is a great investment, as it allows your dog to have fun while you’re at the beach. Our top pick is certainly worth your money because of its durability and high impact resistance features.
Moreover, it allows your dog to leave the water effortlessly without harming its joints. Consider getting this product first as it will keep your pet pooch excited and ready to continue swimming.