The best low-calorie dog food is Natural Balance Fat Dogs Low-Calorie Dry Dog Food.
Are you worried about your furry companion getting chubbier with time? It’s most probably due to an unbalanced diet and lack of exercise.
Well, fret no more, as you can easily manage your pet’s calorie intake and maintain a healthy weight by feeding it some of the best low-calorie dog food you can find on the market now.
#1 Natural Balance Fat Dogs Low-Calorie Dry Dog Food
- CHICKEN MEAL IS THE FIRST INGREDIENT providing essential protein and amino acids to help maintain strong muscles; Peas,...
- LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET PHILOSOPHY Formulated with a simplified list of premium ingredients; a single animal protein...
- ULTRA REDUCED CALORIES Scale back on the calories, not the taste! Made with the same healthy whole ingredients your dog...
This dry dog food from Natural Balance is the perfect dietary formulation for dogs that keeps calories at bay while supplying them with balanced nutrients for their daily energy needs.
The primary ingredients of this dry dog food are chicken meat, salmon meat, garbanzo beans, peas, and oatmeal, ensuring the highest quality protein, fiber, and non-existent low-fat levels. The fiber-rich ingredients ensure that your pet feels full, thus avoiding begging behavior.
All the essential vitamins, co-enzymes, minerals, and other ingredients are added to this package. This ensures that your dog doesn’t suffer from any deficiency symptoms like shedding, scurvy, etc. while inducing weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight.
If you’re looking for the best results in terms of your furry friend’s healthy weight management, this is the product you should go for. This low-calorie dry dog food is a nutritionally balanced recipe that doesn’t compromise the deliciousness of the food.
- Provides high-quality protein for building lean muscles.
- Its high fiber content makes your dog feel satiated without eating too much.
- Comes in three sized packages; 5 lbs, 15 lbs, and 28 lbs.
- Best for overweight dogs who are undergoing weight loss programs.
#2 Purina ONE SmartBlend Natural Healthy Weight Formula Adult Dry Dog Food
- One (1) 31.1 lb. Bag - Purina ONE Natural, Weight Control Dry Dog Food, +Plus Healthy Weight Formula
- Dry dog food for weight control and lean muscles is made with fiber and high-quality protein sources, including real...
- Four antioxidant sources in the wholesome dog food support a strong immune system, and natural glucosamine sources...
The main ingredient of Purina ONE SmartBlend consists of real turkey meat, which contains 25% less fat and 15% fewer calories when compared to its Purina ONE SmartBlend Lamb & Rice Formula.
Fortified with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, this dog food aims to improve your dog’s immune system. Other than that, antioxidants are good for the overall well-being of your pet, such as healthier skin and fur, anti-aging effects, etc.
It contains natural sources of glucosamine which is the key building block of cartilage in your pet’s body, thus ensuring healthy joints.
We’d recommend this dry dog food offering to pet lovers who want their dear Fidos to stay in good shape as well as in good health. If you have multiple pets, this versatile formulation from
Purina can be used to feed any dog breed. The best part is that this product comes in various budget-friendly packaging options.
- The packaging ranges from 8 lbs per bag to 40 lbs per bag.
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes and breeds, and ideal for all age groups.
- Contains glucosamine, good for healthy joints.
- A budget-friendly option.
#3 Eukanuba Fit Body Dry Dog Food
- COMPLETE AND BALANCED: Eukanuba Fit Body Weight Control Medium Breed Dry Dog Food is complete and balanced nutrition for...
- SUPPORTS LEAN BODIES: L-carnitine, 39% less fat (vs. Eukanuba Adult Medium Breed Dry Dog Food), and an adapted blend of...
- HEALTHY BRAIN FUNCTION: Guaranteed levels of DHA and vitamin E maintain healthy brain function
Eukanuba Fit Body dry dog food is ideal for dogs aged 12 months or older that weigh between 24 to 54 lbs. It is a complete and balanced dog food that helps with weight management control for medium-size dogs. How this product achieves this control is that it contains L-carnitine and 39% less fat, compared to Eukanuba’s regular adult dog food.
Furthermore, Fit Body dry dog food has a blend of carbohydrates which will help your medium-sized pup to keep a lean, active body. It has acceptable levels of DHA and vitamin E to help with improving brain function.
It also has chondroitin sulfate and a 50% excess of glucosamine that will help your pet support lean muscles and boost joint health. It contains high-quality protein chicken to keep your dog active all day.
We love Eukanuba Fit Body dry dog food because it helps to maintain your dog’s weight. It has natural ingredients and needed nutrients to help achieve this. It is suitable for dogs over 12 months, and that weigh up to 54 lbs. We recommend that you give your dog a nutritious diet and also visit your vet for a checkup just in case.
- Available in two size options; 15 lbs or 30 lbs bags.
- Ideal for dogs 12 months or older and weighing between 24 to 54 lbs.
- Contains less fat and L-carnitine.
- Contains carbohydrates, vitamin E, chondroitin sulfate, DHA, and glucosamine in excess for overall dog health.
- Contains high-protein chicken for energy all-day.
#4 AvoDerm Natural Weight Control Dry Dog Food
- One (1) 28 Pound Bag: Avoderm Natural Weight Support Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food
- Healthy Weight Management Formula: Reduced Fat And Low Calorie Diet For Less Active Dogs
- Promotes Healthy Skin & Coat: Premium Natural Dry Dog Food Made With Omega-Rich Avocados To Promote Healthy Skin, Coat,...
For advanced healthy weight management of overweight and less active dogs, AvoDerm Natural Weight Control Dry Dog Food is your friend in need. Its chief ingredients are ground brown rice, ground white rice, chicken meal, rice bran, oatmeal, avocado, chicken fat, and others.
The omega-rich avocados contain vitamins A, C, E, B6 and other essential nutrients like folate, potassium niacin, etc. These essentials promote good skin, and coat, and help improve digestion and immune response.
Ground brown rice is known for being more nutritious and protein-packed while containing low-fat content. Oatmeal makes your dog feel satiated as it contains mostly fiber which also benefits the digestive system.
If your pet doesn’t play much lately and is getting overweight, this dry dog food from AvoDerm can ease your troubles. This dog food works by recharging your pet’s playfulness, as well as reducing your pet’s weight. It’s also safe to use because there’re no such ingredients as preservatives, flavoring agents, etc., which can cause harm to your furry friend.
- Available in three size options; a 28 lbs bag, a 4.4 lbs bag, or a pack of a dozen 13 fl oz cans
- Contains avocados for their fat content to improve the dog’s overall physical well-being.
- Contains no artificial ingredients.
#5 IAMS Adult Dry Dog Food For Healthy Weight
- Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food: If your dog has weight issues, this dry dog food with real chicken and 17 percent less fat...
- Veterinarians Recommend IAMS: Features a wholesome blend of fibers and natural prebiotics for healthy digestion and...
- Complete and Balanced Nutrition for Adult Dogs: IAMS Dog Food is made with high quality animal protein and no artificial...
IAMS Adult Dry Dog Food is a protein-rich dry dog food containing natural probiotics to ensure healthier digestion. If your canine’s stomach is on the weaker side, the preloaded probiotics will rejuvenate it.
It’s made with real farm-raised chicken meat which supplies your pet with lean proteins, promoting stronger muscles and healthier weight management and control.
Among its essential nutrient profile is L-carnitine, an essential fatty acid transporter that plays a key role in the cellular production of energy. Thus, it helps improve your dog’s metabolism and aid in its weight loss.
Honestly speaking, we’d want you to cart this IAMS product right away because L-carnitine is highly effective in healthy weight management and control. Other than that, you wouldn’t need to worry about your bongo’s tummy issues as the added probiotics aid in the digestion of this dry dog food.
- Available in multiple packages ranging from 7 lbs to 38.5 lbs.
- Made from natural farm-raised chicken.
- Packed with probiotics for improved digestion.
- L-carnitine boosts body metabolism.
#6 Diamond CARE Specialized Adult Dry Dog Food
- Real Lamb as a high quality protein; extra fiber so your dog feels full to help support a healthy weight; L Carnitines...
- Antioxidants are important for the IMMUNE system & omega fatty acids for healthy skin & shiny coat; Glucosamine &...
- We are told that the great taste sets it apart from others; nutrient rich and HIGHLY digestible with PROPRIETARY,...
This dry dog food from Diamond CARE is a real lamb-based protein dry dog food feast for your adult canine, comes with extra fibers to make your dog feel full, and aids in the digestive process.
The added antioxidants ensure that your Fido stays safe from harmful free radicals, which can otherwise cause cellular damage or even accelerate the process of aging.
It comes with L-carnitines whose purpose is to fix the cellular metabolism of your furry companion, resulting in efficient fat metabolism that is good for weight loss.
Probiotics are often added to this formulation to make it easier for your pet’s digestive system to digest extra fiber-rich food. There’re no traces of gluten, corn, wheat, or filler and no artificial chemicals so that you don’t have to worry about your dog’s allergies, etc.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one dry dog food to support your pet’s health issues with weight management, without suffering from sensitive, itchy skin, you should buy this for your pet. To make it easier for your pet to lose weight, without feeling hungry all the time and with no stomach issues, we’d want you to get this one for your pet.
- Available in either 8 lbs or 25 lbs packages.
- Contains antioxidants.
- Contains probiotics.
- Made in the USA.
#7 Nulo Freestyle Adult Grain-Free Weight Management Dog Food
- COD & LENTILS RECIPE - Ensure proper weight levels with Nulo Freestyle All Breed Trim Dog Food. Using L-Carnitine for...
- PROTEIN RICH FOR LEAN STRONG MUSCLES - Our premium dog food contains 74% animal-based proteins with no plant protein...
- UNBEATABLE NUTRITION - Our meat protein-rich, GanedenBC30 biotic, low-carb, small kibble formula is crafted for every...
Nulo Freestyle adult grain-free weight management dog food is ideal for keeping your dog free of excess weight. It has a special cod and lentils recipe that offers a complete and balanced diet for your pup. This low-fat yet tasty recipe also keeps your dog satisfied and feeling full for longer.
This dog food contains patented BC30 Probiotic to support a healthy gut and aid in digestion. It also has L-carnitine which helps convert fatty acids to energy.
This protein-rich recipe keeps your dog feeling healthy all around. It is free of artificial color, soy, corn, wheat, or preservatives. This Nulo dog food helps to protect your dog from potential health challenges due to excess weight and keeps them healthier for longer.
We love the cod and lentils recipe of Nulo Freestyle adult grain-free weight management dog food. It is low fat yet tasty, and your pup won’t know it is on a weight control diet. It contains the needed nutrients to help with digestion and overall health. As always, we recommend talking to your vet before taking on a diet change for your dog.
- Comes in six different size options; 4.5 lbs, 6 lbs, 11 lbs, 24 lbs, and 26 lbs.
- Weight control dog food.
- Special cod and lentils recipe that is made in the USA.
- Low fat and tasty.
- Contains BC30 Probiotic for digestion and gut health.
- Contains L-carnitine to convert fatty acids to energy.
- Free of artificial color, soy, corn, wheat, or preservatives.
#8 Nutro ULTRA Weight Management Adult Dry Dog Food
- Contains one (1) 30 lb. bag of NUTRO ULTRA Adult Weight Management Dry Dog Food with a Trio of Proteins From Chicken,...
- Features trio of protein from chicken, lamb, and salmon—chicken is the ingredient—specially formulated for...
- Our premium, all natural dog food kibble is made with high-quality ingredients (plus vitamins, minerals, and other...
This healthy weight management adult dry dog food from Nutro will help your canine buddy in weight loss within the least stipulated time.
This is because your canine buddy gets to devour three varieties of proteins coming from chicken, lamb, and salmon, containing minimum fat content.
Fortified with chondroitin and glucosamine, it keeps your pet stays free from inflammations and free radicals. It also protects your pet’s cartilage, gives relief from pain, and provides many other benefits.
Other than that, 15 vibrant superfoods such as coconuts, chia seeds, kale, blueberries, etc. are added which make your pet feel more energetic, nourish its skin and coat and improve various bodily functions.
- Available in packages weighing 8 lbs, 15 lbs, and 30 lbs.
- Three protein varieties for total muscle maintenance.
- Chondroitin and glucosamine were added.
- Aided with 15 superfoods for maximum efficacy.
#9 PEDIGREE Healthy Weight Roasted Chicken & Vegetable Flavor Dog Food
- Contains one (1) 15 lb. bag of PEDIGREE Healthy Weight Adult Dry Dog Food Roasted Chicken & Vegetable Flavor
- This low-fat dog food is a healthy recipe with high quality protein to help keep your dog fit and active
- PEDIGREE Food for Dogs dry food features a delicious roasted chicken flavor that provides antioxidants, vitamins, and...
This roasted chicken and vegetable flavored dry dog food from PEDIGREE contains low-fat, high-quality protein as its key ingredient.
Its formulation uses a unique fiber blend and whole grains, in aiding digestion and ensuring that your dog feels full. Each serving is a balanced meal for your dog and contains no irritants, such as high corn, artificial flavors, and added sugar.
Enriched with essential fatty acids and minerals, such as omega-6 fatty acids and zinc, it helps your dog’s skin and coat in staying healthy and nourished. The crunchy kibbles ensure that your dog’s teeth stay safe.
If you’re looking for an effective yet economical pet dog food to get your pet’s weight under control, this is one of the steal deals on the list. For starters, this product from PEDIGREE contains high-quality protein, low-fat content, and essential fatty acids. Added to that, it has been flavored to taste like a feast for picky eaters.
- Available in two size options; a 15-lb bag or a pack of a dozen 13.2 fl oz cans.
- Keeps your dog satiated.
- Contains high-quality proteins.
- Suitable for adult dogs.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Consider When Buying Diet Dry Dog Food
There are several things to consider when selecting the right dry dog food for your beloved pooch. Here are the top factors that we believe are imperative to take note of:
Weight loss can be easily achieved by keeping track of and controlling your dog’s calorie intake per day. If you’re feeding your pet with diet food containing calories per cup within the range of 250 to 400, your dog will lose weight. However, if your pet buddy is a lazy fellow, you should feed it less food than usual.
The key to choosing the best pet food for your dog is to go for the ones which are labeled with the type of meat, grains, or other sources of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids like avocados, ground brown rice, and coconut, etc.
You should also correctly verify the sources of all the fortifications present in the dog food and make sure that they are high-quality.
Dog Breed And Age
There are different types of dog foods available in the market for different types of dogs, such as small-sized, large-sized dog breeds, etc. Likewise, you should check whether a particular diet of dry dog food is suitable for dogs of all age groups or not.
It is because adult dogs can be put through a strict weight-loss dietary regime, whereas a puppy needs extra calories and nutrients for healthy growth.
Never feed your pet with diet dry dog food that contains artificial chemicals like coloring agents, flavoring agents, or preservatives. Also, make sure that there’re no filler materials like modified corn starch, corn, cottonseed hulls, etc.
You may want to consider getting grain-free dog food to induce weight loss in your dogs. Grain-free kibbles do not contain filler ingredients, which are mainly grains due to their cheaper price points. Grains tend to build up fats if they are not utilized, which is especially true if your dog is a lazy one.
Regular Dry Dog Food VS Diet Dry Dog Food
When it comes to regular dog foods, each cup serving is said to contain calories ranging from 400 to 500, resulting in rapid weight gain for your canine buddy, especially if your pet doesn’t engage sufficiently in physical activities.
In comparison to that, diet dry dog food is formulated to provide your pet with a minimum of 250 calories and a maximum of 350 calories per cup. Plus, dog food for weight loss doesn’t contain too many carbohydrates and fats.
Most of the dry dog foods dedicated to weight loss have high-quality proteins as their main ingredient. In addition, soluble and insoluble fiber-rich ingredients are added, which make your pet feel satiated.
Tips For The Management And Control Of Your Canine’s Weight
Diet dry food does help you in managing your pet’s weight. However, to see visible results in its weight within a time-bound period, your pet needs regular exercise. If your canine buddy isn’t used to physical activity, you can start by taking it for slow walks and then eventually speed it up.
No Junk Food
What is junk food in terms of dogs? Any low-quality dog food containing fillers, artificial additives, coloring agents, and other such ingredients accounts for unhealthy pet food and should be avoided at any cost.
Protein-Rich Dog Food
If you’re wondering why most of the healthy weight management dry dog food is rich in protein, it’s because protein from different animal sources keeps your canine buddy’s muscles well-maintained without adding any more dead weight. It also keeps your canine satiated so that it doesn’t feel hungry too quickly.
Consult Your Vet
The last but not the least thing to do would be to keep in touch with your vet. It’ll help you in targeting weight loss management for your pet right where it’s needed. Other than that, it’ll allow you to regularly monitor the health of your pet whilst it is on a diet of dry dog food.
All the dog foods that we’ve listed above come from reputed brands which use naturally grown, freshly harvested animal sources like chicken, turkey, fish, etc., for high-quality protein content.
If you want our recommendation, our vote goes to our top pick. It’s because this dry dog food contains a perfect blend of protein and fibers and is most suitable for overweight dogs.
It’ll help with the weight loss of your dog, and its nutritive values are sufficient to keep your pet dog physically fit and active while maintaining a healthy weight.