The best dog cooling mat is Arf Pets Pet Dog Self Cooling Pad.
As dog owners, we all know the reason why our dog pants on a hot day. They are trying to keep themselves cool.
But did you know that dogs have thick-coat and don’t sweat that much? So, it can be difficult for them to remain comfortable when the temperature rises.
Luckily, that’s where having the best dog cooling mat will come in handy. It helps to cool down and provides your canine companion with some much-needed relief.
We’ve selected a wide variety of dog cooling mats to give you plenty of options, depending on your dog’s size, needs, and budget. We’ve also looked at cooling mats that are self-cooling, thick, comfortable, waterproof, and more!
#1 Arf Pets Dog Self Cooling Pad
- BEAT THE HEAT – Keep your pet cool and comfortable with this solid gel self cooling mat. Your dog unleashes the...
- SIMPLE, POWERFUL COOLING – With a solid gel interior, this cooling mat provides cooling relief for your dog without...
- 100% SAFE – This cooling pad is lab-tested and proven to be completely safe for every member of your family. Made from...
Arf Pets Self Cooling Mat can give your dog a cool retreat during hot days. This mat is filled with a cooling gel. It is a self-changing mat and we personally feel that it is the best cooling pad to keep your furry friends healthy and comfortable when the temperature rises.
The mat absorbs and regulates temperature for up to three straight hours. It does not require batteries, electricity, water, or refrigeration which makes it perfect for dog crates, beds, the backseat of the car, or anywhere.
The cooling pad can provide three hours of continuous comfort. The pad will absorb and regulate your dog’s body temperature for at least 3 hours. After 3 hours of usage, it automatically recharges in 15 to 20 minutes of non-use.
With the Arf Pets Self Cooling Pad, you don’t have to worry about recharging it after 3 hours as it will automatically recharge. It requires no refrigeration, no water, and doesn’t require any batteries to recharge.
- Available in 3 sizes and easy to clean.
- Made of latex-free, durable and flexible materials.
- Provides three hours of continuous cooling effect.
#2 TheGreenPetShop Dog Cooling Mat
- THE ORIGINAL SELF-COOLING PADS FOR DOGS - our patented pressure activated gel mat cool and soothe your dogs and cats on...
- IT'S AUTOMATIC - and it really works. The dog cooling pad requires no water, electricity or refrigeration and features a...
- HEAVEN FOR YOUR POOCH ON A BALMY DAY - simply lay the perfect cool pet pad where your four-legged friend likes to relax...
If you are looking for a dog cooling pad that is very effective but does not cost that much, then this Green Pet Shop Dog Cooling Bed is what you need. Just like other mats in the list, it applies the same technology. It automatically activates its cooling effect once your pooch lays on the panel.
The best thing about this cooling pad is that it reduces the temperature and can last up to 3 hours of continuous usage. Keep in mind, the longer the cooling effect a mat can provide, the better it is in giving comfort to your dog.
Use a clean piece of cloth dipped in a solution of water and mild soap to clean the mat. The mat is also machine washable.
One thing that we like about this product is its versatility at a lower price. Most dog owners can afford this pad. One can use it for crate, sofa, car or even outdoors.
- Durable and waterproof panel.
- Machine washable.
- Self-cooling pressure-activated gel cushion technology.
#3 K&H Pet Cool Bed III
- POWERFUL COOLING: Cooling dog bed uses no electricity and contains no toxic gels; it wicks heat out of your pet and...
- COMFORT: Provides cooling comfort and support for pets with arthritis, hip dysplasia, excessive panting, and more
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR: Recommended for indoor and outdoor use, just add water to provide consistent cooling comfort for your...
As compared to other cooling pads that use cooling gel, this one is different. It uses water to keep your canine cool when the temperature rises. All you need to do is to fill the bed with water and make your dog lay on it.
This cool bed is made of durable nylon and vinyl exterior that is designed to last longer and offers a limited 2-year warranty. The K&H Canine Cool Bed is available in 3 different sizes.
This K&H Pet Cool Bed does not require electricity to cool down and can be used outdoors and indoors. It is available in 3 sizes, small with 1 to 1.5 gallons of water, medium with 2 to 4 gallons of water, and large with 4 to 6 gallons of water.
- Water-saturated cool core.
- Can be stored empty or full.
- Easy wipe down cleaning with damp cloth and mild detergent.
- Made of nylon and vinyl exterior.
#4 Coleman Pet Indoor Outdoor Cooling Mat
Consumers love it because of its generous size. It includes two size options; Large measuring 20 inches long by 36 inches wide by 1 inch thick, and Small measuring 12 inches long by 16 inches wide by 0.5 inch thick. The product is available in four colors, namely, Blue, Green, Red, and Silver.
This mat uses a cooling gel to achieve proper heat transfer. It is, therefore, not recommended to be used in the car, because when the car gets hot, the bed gets hot too. Cooling gels typically perform best when positioned in cool shady areas.
You can use Coleman cooling mat both indoor and outdoor since it is always cooler than its surrounding. You can also choose from two color options.
- Does not require electricity or water.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Non-toxic gel on the inside.
#5 MICROCOSMOS Chillz Dog Cooling Mat
- High-Tech Fiber: Microcosmos cooling mat made with Cooling Fiber, which will effectively lower the temperature to...
- Elaborate Design: The inner layer of the mat had thin fluffy material, which can provide soft touch and improve air...
- Safety & Easy Clean: All materials are safe, non-irritating fibers and without chemicals. No water, electricity, or...
These pressure-activated gel pads by MICROCOSMOS do not require refrigeration or the need to cool down the mat before using. The pad can stay cool for up to 3 hours. This is a versatile mat as you can use it anywhere – in the car, crate, on the floor, and even outdoors.
The MICROCOSMOS cooling pad is handy and ideal for travel. It can provide relief to your pooch’s muscle and joint pain. It’s perfect for senior dogs. You can also use it for cats.
- Pressure-activated gel cushion.
- Provides relief to your pet from muscle and joint pain.
- Lightweight and can be folded easily.
#6 Urijk Cooling Dog Bed
- ✅COOLING SILK MATERIAL --- Urijk Dog Cooling Bed Mat is made with super soft fabric, the soft surface feels like silk...
- ✅FURNITURE PROTECTOR --- Urijk Dog Cooling Mat provides comfort for your pet and protection for your couch, carpet,...
- ✅100% WASHABLE MAT --- Different from most products on the market, our Dog Cooling Mat is made of polyester fabric,...
This soft, breathable cooling mat is non-toxic and is skin-friendly. It is recommended for small, medium, and large dogs as it is available in 4 sizes. It is made with soft fabric with a comfortable design.
This bed is also ideal for sick dogs and dogs with mobility problems. You can position it in the car, on the floor, on the bed even outdoors.
Urijk Cooling Dog Bed does not deform easily. It protects your couch, chair, bed, carpet or floor. It is portable and lightweight for you to take it anywhere.
- Cooling silk material providing a soft surface.
- Made of durable polyester fabric.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Machine washable.
#7 CoolerDog Dog Cooling Pad
- HELP YOUR PET STAY COOL Great for pets that are heat sensitive, prone to overheating, work in the heat, after intense...
- COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE The Hydro Cooling Mat combines a waterbed cushion, a FlexiFreeze Ice Sheet (88 ice cubes) and a...
- NATURAL COOLING Non-Toxic, Veterinarian approved and contains no harmful chemicals or gels, only pure water!
Unlike other cooling pads that use gel, the CoolerDog Cooling Pad uses a re-freezable ice sheet as it is able to draw heat from your dog 10 times better. Also, you don’t have to worry about your pooch ingesting it. It is made of durable material, so your dog will not be able to tear it easily.
This is a good option if you are looking for a non-gel-based cooling mat.
We like the idea that it is not made of gel which can be potentially toxic when ingested.
- Requires refrigeration to cool it.
- Easy to clean and durable.
- Unique tri-layers cooling design.
#8 Dora Bridal Pets Self Cooling Mat
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN - The cooling bed mat features a lightweight, portable, and puncture resistant material that requires...
- COOL&COMFORTABLE - The dog sleeping mat will keeps your pet cool and comfortable with Highly Durable Solid Gel...
- VARIOUR SIZE,MORE OPTIONS: Size of the cooling mat ranges from S to XL, pet weight up to 110 lb. Can be used-only or...
Looking for a cooling mat with an innovative design? This Dora Bridal Pets Cooling Mat is the one you are looking for. It is made of puncture-resistant material that does not need refrigeration to keep it cool.
Your pooch will be very comfortable with its solid gel construction that provides relief during hot days. It can also help relieve muscle and joint pains.
Only a few brands of cooling mats that are available in various sizes. This mat is available up to an extra-large size which is what we like about Dora Bridal Pets.
- Easy to clean.
- Highly durable solid gel construction.
- A 100% guarantee and it offers replacement or refund if you are not satisfied.
Dog Cooling Mats Buyer’s Guide
The reason is that dogs cannot sweat, which makes them less effective at cooling down themselves during hot days.
They might suffer from heatstroke which can be deadly for dogs. Canines are at a higher risk if they are not given the right cooling pad or other means of cooling them down. Many dog owners are not aware of this and are unaware of the dangers.
Related: Best Dog Summer Shoes
Types Of Cooling Pads
The primary purpose of this mat is designed for your pooch to lower its body temperature. There are two types of cooling pads available in the market. They are:
These types of mats are almost similar to a water dog bed. It is filled with water which serves as the heat-absorbing substance of the product. However, this is less popular as compared to the other option.
The reason for this is that it is dependent on the quality of the fabric that contains that water. With a small puncture, the pad will be unusable. A water dog bed cooling mat will be quite susceptible to punctures from your canine’s nails.
You will notice that most of the cooling pads in the market today use gel to absorb heat. Some of the reasons are it is much easier to clean, and it requires less maintenance.
Also, the gel pads are more flexible and easier to carry around. You can also store it in any space. These cooling gel pads are similar to the anti-fever patches that are usually placed on the kid’s forehead if they have a high fever.
Related: Best Dog Pools
Factors To Consider In Choosing The Best Cooling Dog Pad
You don’t just buy the first cooling mat that you see on any retailer. There are factors that you need to consider when deciding which product to buy and some of them are as follows:
The thermal efficiency of a dog cooling mat can be affected by various factors like the temperature gradient between the mat and the dog, the physical properties of the substrate used in the pad, and the cross-section of the product.
This is the reason why cooling pads are different even if they have the same features. Some mats can cool down your dogs for 2 hours while others can do it up to 5 hours. It is best to choose the one with a longer cooling effect.
Choose a product that is durable enough to last longer. Sad to say, there are lots of cooling mats that are not able to survive the tenacious chewer. Generally, lookout for a dog cooling mat that is made from nylon – this material is known to be a durable material even for heavy chewers.
Ease Of Cleaning
Choose a cooling mat that is easy to clean. Good thing that most of the cooling pad manufacturers use waterproof material that you can easily wipe.
Keep in mind these items are still made of fabric materials. Never use chemicals or harsh cleaning solutions that can affect the integrity of these materials.
Automatic Dog Gel
Most dog owners prefer this kind of mat because it is known to be very effective in cooling your dogs and is the most expensive mat. This pad is pre-filled with a cooling gel that is usually lower than the temperature outside by five to ten degrees. It provides a longer cooling effect for your dogs.
There are other things that you can use to help cool down your furry friends. Some dog owners prefer cooling having a dog bed, but for some, it is not the best choice because they are more concerned about the bulkiness of the item.
The best cooling pads should be easily foldable or rollable for easy storing and transport on trips.
It is essential that the cooling pad you choose is big enough for your dog. The purpose of choosing a bigger size is to maximize the rate at which your canine’s temperature drops.
If the cooling mat is too small, your dog won’t fit on it completely, and parts of its body will be outside of the cooling surface. Ideally, it is best to choose a bigger mat as possible so your pooch can move around when some parts become warm.
The manufacturers of cooling mats make sure that the gels inside the pads are 100% non-toxic and will not put your dog’s life at risk when they accidentally consume it.
Even if they are safe, it is still best to keep an eye on them and stop them if they start biting the mat. If you have a curious four-legged friend that scratches and chews at things, it is best to choose the aluminum version rather than the gel-based. They are safe for your pooches.
To understand how cooling mats work, it is important to know how thermal energy is being transferred from one object to another. This is what is happening in a cooling pad.
If you place the mat on the kitchen floor which is cooler than your dog, the heat will flow from his body into the floor until they both have the same temperature.
This is what happens when your dog lays on the cooling pad. The pad is cooler than your pet dog, so it attracts heat from its body and cools it down.
What makes a dog happy is a cooler dog with a cooling pet mat! After reviewing the 8 cooling mats, we find our top pick as the best dog cooling mat. This product has satisfied the needs of many customers and performs well as compared to others.
Although it is one of the most expensive cooling pads, it is also one of the most durable mats. It does not only provide greater value, but it is also a safer option since your dog is less likely to consume the gel inside. We do hope that our article was able to help you decide on the best cooling mat for your furry friend.