The best dog collar for pulling is Rabbitgoo Dog Harness No-Pull Pet Harness.
Dogs are curious by nature. Anything new to them will surely pique their interest, and if you have them on a leash, expect them to pull you hard so that they can get to where they want to go!
This is especially the case for large and energetic dogs. In this case, you need to invest in a reliable dog collar for your pulling pooch. That way, you’d be able to reclaim the pull and emerge victorious no matter how strong your dog is.
There are lots of excellent dog collars in the market that can help you reclaim the pull. These collars are also perfect for training your furry friends.
If you find it hard to decide which dog collar you should buy, we’ve reviewed some of the best dog collars for pulling to narrow down your search.
#1 rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
- Adjustable Dog Harness - Recommended Breeds: Small to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska,...
- No Pull, No Choke - Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use...
- Easy to Use - This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 fast-release buckles. Slide...
Our top choice from this list is the Front Range Dog Harness from rabbitgoo. It’s hassle-free to put on your dog and comes with two metal leash attachments that are durable and sturdy. The leash has two attachment points that you can attach to the back and chest of your dog, which evenly distributes the pulling pressure on your dog’s body, thereby preventing your dog from getting choked.
This harness is made of a breathable and soft material that’s comfortable for your furry friend to wear. It has soft padding and allows for enough air ventilation, which makes the harness even more comfortable for your pet to wear. Furthermore, the side straps of the leash can be adjusted according to your dog’s fit.
You also get to choose from four different sizes for this dog harness. This further enhances the efficiency and comfort of the product, making it a great choice for pulling your dog.
We like this dog collar simply because it’s made from breathable material and comes with heavy padding that makes your dog feel even more comfortable when wearing it. It helps to control your dog’s pulling behavior effectively.
- This dog harness comes with reflective strips to enhance visibility during low-light conditions.
- This no-pull harness is available in four sizes – Small, Medium, Large, and X-large – to cater to the different dog sizes.
- This harness has a chest attachment clip that a leash can be fixed to prevent dogs from pulling while out on walks.
- It has two fast-release buckles that make it easy for customers to wear and remove the harness from their dogs.
- This product comes with four straps located on the neck and chest, and these straps can be used to adjust the harness and create a suitable fit for dogs.
- Multiple customers have commented that this harness isn’t ideal for strong large dogs, as it tends to get damaged after a couple of uses.
- Some customers have remarked that they got harnesses that were either too small or too large for their dogs, despite following the measurement guide provided by the manufacturer.
#2 PetLove Dog Harness
- Size: XXLarge; chest perimeter: 35.4 inch to 48.1 inch; neck perimeter: 28.3 inch to 37.8 inch; please measure the size...
- Stylish, durable, scratch Resistant material; large loading capacity greatly improves tensile strength
- Easy to put on and take off Harness; comfortable lightweight mesh lining with soft sponge padding in chest and belly;...
For budget-conscious pet owners, the PetLove Dog Harness is what you should get for your dog. Aside from being affordable, this dog harness is made from high-quality materials perfect for your dog’s needs. It’s proven reliable, durable, and hardwearing. So even if you will use it on your dog regularly, you won’t have to worry about it getting damaged.
The PetLove Dog Harness is among those dog harnesses that are easy to put on your pet. You won’t have to spend a lot of time putting the harness on and taking it off. Furthermore, the harness has a large loading capacity and has a high level of tensile strength. So even if you’re going to use this on a strong dog, you won’t have to worry about this at all.
The harness is very lightweight and has a mesh lining, which makes it even more comfortable for your pooch to wear. Your pet won’t have to deal with a heavyweight on its chest and neck, thanks to the soft sponge mesh lining of this harness.
We like this harness for your dog because the adjustable straps allow it to fit well into your pooch regardless of the body size. Furthermore, the reflective material allows easy visibility at night, which is also a great safety feature.
- This dog harness has multiple size options, ranging from extremely small to extremely large, to ensure that customers can get products that will fit their pooches.
- This harness features a lightweight mesh lining that is comfortable for dogs to wear for extended periods.
- The reflective material used to craft this dog harness glows during low-light conditions, thereby helping to ensure a pooch’s safety in such conditions.
- This harness comes with straps that can be adjusted to create an ideal and comfortable fit for dogs wearing the harness.
- The use of high-strength POM plastic buckles is able to withstand strong pulling forces from dogs of various sizes and properly secures the dog when worn.
- It can be difficult for customers to get rid of dog hair that gets stuck on this PetLove harness.
- Several customers have commented that this harness’ chest pad doesn’t fit on most dogs, resulting in loose fitting that can be rather uncomfortable for the dogs in question.
#3 YOGADOG Heavy-Duty Dog Harness
- EXTRA DURABLE HARNESS - Fit dogs with 32-47 inch chest (Measure the widest part of the dog's chest, choose the larger...
- EXTENSIBLE HANDLE - Padded extensible handle with elastic, this particular design can buffer the pulling force to avoid...
- SUPER COMFORTABLE - Soft ventilate padding, comfortable for dog's chest and backside, bring soft cushion to protect the...
The YOGADOG harness is probably the most stylish dog harness that you can find for your dog. It’s specially designed for dogs that are very curious and have developed a habit of pulling. This harness doesn’t come with much padding. However, the straps are wide and soft enough for your dog not to feel discomfort when wearing this harness.
What’s great about this harness is that it’s durable and strong so even if you’re going to use it regularly, you can be sure that it’s going to last longer. Plus, it’s capable of handling 450-lbs pulling force so even if you got a big dog, this heavy-duty dog harness will not fail you. Its straps are designed to resist daily wear and tear and all the buckles are truly hardwearing.
The harness comes with a handle but it’s not meant to carry your dog. This feature is perfect for when you feel like your dog is going to pull your shoulder out in full force. You can rely on the handle to resist the force.
For this harness, you’ll find only one hookup for the leash, which is located right at the back. The handle that this harness comes with can also be used for training. You can pull it upward into the handle to stop your dog from making any move.
We like this harness because it’s one of the best-rated heavy-duty no-pull harnesses in the market. It’s suitable for bigger dog breeds and can handle up to 450 lbs of pulling force.
- This harness’ soft ventilated padding provides a cushion to protect the skin located in the dog’s chest and backside regions.
- This harness comes with a D-ring leash adapter that makes it suitable for use with multiple leash types.
- The reflective stitching on this heavy-duty dog harness provides enhanced visibility in dimly lit areas, thereby helping to keep the dog and its handler safe.
- The use of easy-click buckles on this YOGADOG product makes this harness easy to wear on and remove from dogs.
- This harness has an elastic padded extensible handle that is designed to resist the force of a pulling dog and prevent injury to the handler.
- The consensus gathered from multiple customer reviews suggests that this harness isn’t durable enough to withstand pulling from a determined large dog.
- This harness is both thick and rigid, which makes it rather uncomfortable for some dogs to wear.
#4 Sporn Dog Harness
- A NO-PULL HARNESS DESIGNED TO CONTROL YOUR DOG WITHOUT COMPROMISING COMFORT. Our medium dog harness allows you to curb...
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SLEEVES LET YOUR PUP STAY ACTIVE AT ALL TIMES. Our no pull dog harness for small dogs provides...
- EASY TO USE & WEAR DOG WALKING HARNESS. Our small harness for dogs features an elastic webbing between the mesh which is...
The Dog Harness from Sporn features a “no-choke” and “no-pull” design, which means that it’s safe to use for your pet. You definitely will not have trouble with the animal rights group when using this harness to pull your dog. It upholds the safety of your furry friends while also giving you full control of your powerful pet at the same time.
Featuring a flexible mesh harness, this mesh allows you to control your dog with ease. Furthermore, this dog harness is straightforward to put on and off your dog because it comes in one piece. It’s much easier to get it off from your pooch’s chest and neck.
This dog harness is made of premium quality materials that are guaranteed to last longer. Thus, you won’t have to worry about this product getting worn out even after using it to pull your dog several times a day.
We like the Sporn no-pull dog harness because it is made from durable weather-resistant nylon material.
- This harness has an elastic mesh chest piece that adjusts according to a dog’s movement to ensure that the pooch remains comfortable while wearing this harness.
- The Sporn dog harness features an ergonomic one-piece structure that can be put on and removed from a pooch without hassle.
- The nylon material used in constructing this harness is quite durable and can resist damage from continuous exposure to weather elements such as rain and sun.
- This harness is designed in such a way that it can be used to control dogs without choking them.
- The Sporn harness is available in small, medium, and large sizes to provide an adequate fit for pooches that fall under each size category.
- This harness is ineffective in resolving a dog’s pulling habits due to an imperfect design that sees the leash attached to the pooch’s neck region rather than its chest region.
- Several customers have also commented that the metal piece located on this harness’ neck vest stained their dogs’ fur and damaged their skins.
#5 Babyltrl Big Dog Harness
- Large size: Chest Girth 22-32 inch. Perfect harness for large dogs, but also fits well for medium dogs, like golden...
- No pull design: Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Pulling and Choking. Our dog vest harness...
- Easy to wear & locking Security: This pet harness with simple design and quick snap buckles which make it easy to put on...
The Babyltrl Big Dog Harness is comfortable to wear for your pooch and is made from high-quality materials, which are both durable and long-lasting. This harness allows your dog to walk easily and as a pet owner, you won’t have any difficulty pulling your dog with this harness. Ideal for active dogs that love to play around, this dog harness features a no-pull and no-choke design, which is why it’s safe to use for your dog.
This is the best harness that is ideal for medium to large-sized dogs, such as the German Shepherd – the very same breed the 46th POTUS has, Labrador, Golden Retriever, Pitbull, and more. It also comes with an adjustable strap that allows you to custom fit the harness to your pooch. The pulling pressure is distributed evenly in this harness, thereby minimizing any risk of choking and pulling.
We like the simple design of this pet harness, most notably the quick snap buckles that make putting on and off the harness so easy.
- The harness’ quick snap buckles, combined with an uncomplicated design, makes this a product that is easy to use for most customers.
- This Babyltrl product comes with a locking feature on both snaps that secures and prevents a pooch from slipping out of the harness when in use.
- The handle that comes with this dog harness provides a firmer grip and makes it easier for handlers to control pooches while on walks.
- This harness’ sturdy D-ring leash attachment point provides versatility and ensures that this product is compatible with different leash types.
- The reflective straps that come with this harness provide extra visibility in low-light conditions, thereby helping to prevent accidents when walking a pooch at night.
- The stitching on this dog harness is mostly bad, and it tends to come loose after taking a pooch on a few walks.
- Multiple customers have commented that the harnesses they received were smaller than what had been advertised.
#6 Canny Collar Dog Head Collar
- EASY TO FIT, SIMPLE TO USE - Does your dog pull you on a walk? Do you feel stressed, frustrated, embarrassed or fear...
- TRAINING, NOT RESTRAINING - The Canny Collar is the humane way to train your dog to walk on a simple collar and leash...
- KIND, SAFE & COMFORTABLE - The Canny Collar is generously padded for comfort, with a single line of material going over...
The Canny Collar dog head collar is a head harness that is mostly used for training. This training collar stops your dog from yanking on the leash, which helps to transform your best friend into a well-behaved pet.
In terms of collar sizes, there are seven options available, ranging from 9 to 11 inches for Size 1 up to 21 to 23 inches for Size 7. The collar also comes in 4 colors, namely, blue, purple, red, and black.
What is unique about this collar design is that it has a ‘behind-the-head’ design such that the collar would not get into your dog’s eyes or hurt its head.
There is a self-adjusting soft nylon nose loop. It is used gently over the snout as opposed to around the neck.
This nose loop comes in handy during training or regular walks in a busy park. It is an easy fit and can be fastened to be not only safe but effective at preventing biting incidents. It is used by vets, trainers, and handlers at rescue shelters.
Gone are the days when you had to ensure nasty looks from onlookers. This is because this training collar keeps your pet well-mannered and safe. The nylon nose loop design from Canny Collar is highly comfortable for your dog and doesn’t cause an injury. With seven sizes to choose from, you can be sure that you find the right fit for your dog.
- This head collar from Canny is available in seven different size options to cater to various dog size categories.
- This product comes with a metal buckle that helps secure the collar firmly in place and prevent slipping when in use.
- The head collar features a unique behind-the-head design that doesn’t move up into a dog’s eyes when in use, thereby ensuring that the pooch remains comfortable.
- Customers can easily flip the slip line on and off a dog’s nose to convert this product to a regular dog collar and leash.
- The self-adjusting nylon fabric used in producing this head collar is gentle on a dog and prevents the pooch from gagging or choking when in use.
- It is difficult to keep this collar on a dog’s snout without constantly applying tension.
- This Canny Collar is considerably expensive compared to the other dog collars available in this article.
#7 PetSafe Gentle Leader Headcollar
- MOST EFFECTIVE NO-PULL SOLUTION: Designed by a veterinary behaviorist, the Gentle Leader Headcollar is the most...
- INTERRUPTS YOUR DOG’S INSTINCT TO PULL: Recommended by vets to interrupt your dog’s natural instinct to pull against...
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Designed with minimal straps to keep your dog cool and made with durable nylon and a padded neoprene...
The Gentle Leader Headcollar from PetSafe works like a halter, which means that your dog’s head will be moved gently when you use it to pull your pooch in whatever direction you want to.
Basically, when using this headcollar for your pet, wherever its head will go, its body will also follow, which is why they will not feel pain no matter how you pull it.
This dog collar sits just high up on your dog’s neck and will therefore not put any pressure on their neck or throat, which prevents coughing and choking.
- The PetSafe Headcollar is constructed from durable nylon material with a neoprene-padded nose loop to provide comfort to dogs.
- This product comes with a quick snap neck strap and an adjustable nose loop that makes it easier for customers to fit the head collar around their pooches.
- The Headcollar is designed in a way that it avoids exerting pressure on a dog’s neck or throat, thereby preventing choking when the product is in use.
- This head collar’s straps are fully adjusted and can be modified to create an ideal fit for pooches.
- Some customers have received head collars with plastic clasps that tend to break easily upon pulling.
- This product has sizing problems, as several customers have reportedly received collars that were either too big or too small to properly fit their pooches.
Dog Collars For Pulling Buyer’s Guide
When buying a dog collar for pulling (or also known as anti-pull dog collars), you’ll find plenty of options in the market. Aside from the list above, you’ll find several other products in the market. But there are certain things that you need to consider when choosing the right dog collar to buy.
Aside from the materials, size, style, length, and functionality, you also need to make sure that you choose a training collar that’s designed specifically for pulling dogs because that’s what you need in the first place.
So here’s a guide to help you find the right dog collar that’s suitable for pulling.
Why Do Dogs Pull?
First of all, you need to know the reason why your dog loves to pull. This behavior must be corrected while they are still young so when they are already adult and powerful enough, you won’t have a hard time.
You should know that dogs don’t pull on purpose. Your dog is not doing it to annoy you or make you feel bad. Dogs are just curious animals and you can never stop them from getting close to anything that they find interesting – especially during dog walking sessions. For example, if your pooch noticed that you had just gotten a new outdoor dog house in the yard, that’s something interesting that will lead to them pulling.
This is why they will go as far as pulling you so that they can do whatever it is they want to do. Training your dog not to do this would be the best solution to eliminate their leash pulling behaviors.
It’s also essential to ensure that you’re meeting the needs of your dog so it won’t look for other things. Perhaps you can give your dog some interactive toys to play with or reward your pup with treats.
If your dog is fond of pulling, then you should consider getting a good leash for your pet. Just like with any product that you’re going to use for your dog, whether it’s a playpen or a bed, you should always aim for the best. So when it comes to choosing the right dog collar for pulling your pooch, go for the best.
This is also true for dog harnesses too. Always opt for the best option with the most durable material.
Getting a good collar or leash for your dog comes with many benefits. It allows you to train your dog more effectively while also making it easy for you to walk your dog and explore the outdoors. The leash also helps to prevent your furry friend from running towards the highway when taking your pet out for a walk. Indeed, a dog collar and leash would be an excellent purchase for your pooch.
Types Of No-Pull Dog Collars
When buying a collar with a leash, it’s important to know that there are three different types of dog leashes that you can get for your furry friend. All these leashes are great for your dog although some are far better than the rest, so it’s essential to do your research well.
The adjustable leash is exactly what it is – a leash that can be adjusted. You can either make it short or long, depending on what you need. This gives you added control over your pet and makes it easy for you to train your pooch. Also, this is very useful for when you are washing your pooch and you need them to be close to you. You can simply adjust it to remain short, allowing you to easily wash or clean your pooch.
For added safety during nighttime walks, you can always change your dog’s collar to a LED collar instead.
Fixed length leash is the type of leash that has the same length. This means the length cannot be adjusted. This is great for training your dog since your dog will get used to the length and will be taught not to keep on pulling if they realize that there’s no longer enough room to move.
The retractable dog leash is what most experts would recommend, especially for those whose dogs love to run around as you go for a walk outdoors. What’s great about this leash is that your pet will have plenty of room to run and pull them back to where you want to.
Just a word of caution. With a retractable dog leash, you cannot expect your dog to get used to a specific length and might just end up pulling even more.
Aside from the type of leash that comes with your no-pull dog collar, you also need to consider the material that they are made of. Of course, it’s crucial that the material is durable enough to withstand the regular pulling of your pet.
Below are some of the most popular materials used for dog leash:
Nylon is the cheapest of all materials but it’s a durable material for a leash. It might be weaker than the chain or leather, but it definitely can withstand the constant pulling of your pet. If you’re looking for an affordable leash for pulling, a leash made of nylon might be the right choice.
A chain leash is a standard option. And while many think that all chain leashes are strong, there are also some that are poorly made and may not be able to withstand the constant pulling. Therefore, make sure you choose the right product when considering a chain leash for your dog.
There is no doubt that leather is a durable material so you can expect it to last long despite the constant pulling. However, this material doesn’t come cheap. If you don’t mind paying more for a leather leash, this type of leash is worth buying.
Apart from leather dog leashes, there are also leather dog collars available too.
We absolutely love our top pick, and we would strongly recommend it to any pet owner who is looking for a reliable harness that’s also comfortable for their pet to wear. This harness is also effortless to put on and take off, which is what every pet owner needs. It comes with two attachment points that you can put on the chest and back, which evenly distributes the pulling pressure.
This feature minimizes the pressure on your dog as you pull it to wherever direction you want to. When it comes to durability, this product will not disappoint because it’s made from materials that are both sturdy and durable.