The best no-pull dog harness is RabbitGoo No-Pull Dog Harness.
Do you find yourself getting dragged constantly by your pet pooch during dog walks?
There’s where a no-pull dog harness will come in handy. These dog harnesses are specifically designed to discourage pulling behavior in your dogs, leading to safer walks.
In our article, we have identified some of the best no-pull dog harnesses that will stop unwanted pulling behavior in your canine companion.
#1 RabbitGoo No-Pull Dog Harness
- Large Dog Harness - Recommended Breeds: Medium to Large Dogs, such as Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Alaska, German...
- No Pull, No Choke - Our non-pulling dog harness is specially designed with 2 metal leash rings for safer dog walks. Use...
- Easy to Use - This hassle-free overhead harness is easy to put on and take off with its 2 fast-release buckles. Slide...
With this “easy-on easy-off” harness, you can have better control of your pooch without any stress. As most dogs are not too eager to be put in a harness, this is a great product.
This dog harness features a no-pull design that enables a handler to have better control of the dog by fastening the dog’s leash to the clip in the front. So, when your overenthusiastic pooch pulls, it gets turned around instead of moving forward and pulling on the leash.
The walk with your pooch is made more enjoyable as you will feel more comfortable and secure with the no-pull harness. This is due to the lightweight and breathable padding of the harness which has a snug fit.
This no-pull harness is made from premium and high-quality materials, and it has two metal attachments for the canine leash – at the front and back. It also reflects in the dark making outdoor adventure with your furry friend fun both day and night.
The durable material used to make the RabitGoo Dog Harness is one of its big pluses. Its easy-on easy-off buckles and adjustable straps make it a snug fit for dogs of different sizes. Moreover, it reflects in the night, thus making it safe to walk with the dog at night.
- Double straps which can be adjusted to the size of your dog.
- Durable, secure, easy-off and on side release buckles.
- Reflective straps.
- Available in four sizes.
#2 PetLove No-Pull Soft Leash Dog Harness
- Size: XXLarge; chest perimeter: 35.4 inch to 48.1 inch; neck perimeter: 28.3 inch to 37.8 inch; please measure the size...
- Stylish, durable, scratch Resistant material; large loading capacity greatly improves tensile strength
- Easy to put on and take off Harness; comfortable lightweight mesh lining with soft sponge padding in chest and belly;...
If you want a no-pull dog harness that comes with high-quality materials and features at a reasonable price, then this PetLove harness is a great choice.
It is made of a durable, stylish, high standard, and scratch-resistant material. It is also a type of “easy on and easy off” harness. Its mesh lining is soft and comfortable with soft sponge padding for the belly and chest.
One of its safety features includes a reflective material that guarantees the visibility for night walks. It also features adjustable straps that make it a custom fit for your pooch irrespective of size.
This PetLove harness is sold for a reasonable price, and you can purchase it without affecting your budget. It also has excellent tensile strength and scratch-resistant material.
- Reflective material for enhanced visibility.
- Adjustable straps make it a snug fit for your four-legged companion.
- Improved tensile strength due to its large loading capacity.
- Comes with a 3-month warranty.
#3 PetSafe Easy Walk Harness
- LEGACY OF TRUST: This harness was created 15 years ago by a veterinary behaviorist and is trusted by a million dog...
- TEACHES BETTER LEASH MANNERS: Patented Martingale loop and front chest leash attachment minimizes your dog’s pulling...
- NO MORE GAGGING AND CHOKING: The harness safely controls light to moderate pulling by resting across your dog’s chest...
Designed to mildly discourage your pooch from pulling while on its leash, this PetSafe easy walk harness is very comfortable to put on and easy to fit. It makes walking or jogging fun for you and the dog.
It has an attachment leash for the front chest of the dog that aids you in steering the dog to a side and redirecting its attention to you. Rather than putting pressure on your pooch’s throat, this strap rests across its chest, thus preventing gagging or choking.
This PetSafe no-pull harness is a superb multipurpose harness that can be used for all dogs. Moreover, it enables you to be in full control of the dog while remaining gentle and applying little force on the dog’s body.
- Four adjustable points to fit the harness to the unique shape of the dog.
- Front leash attachment prevents opposition reflex.
- Rests across the belly and chest thus preventing choking.
- Available in seven different colors and eight sizes.
#4 Eagloo No-Pull Front Clip Dog Harness
- Dog Harness Medium - Fit Chest Girth 14.6-28 inch, please choose size based on your dog's chest girth by measuring...
- No Pull & Better Control - Our no-pulling harness is designed with 2 METAL leash rings and an extra handle; The V-Ring...
- Safer & More Comfortable - This no choke harness is specially built to distribute pressure evenly and safely around your...
The Eagloo No-Pull dog harness places the safety of your pet pooch as a top priority. It has a considerate design that reduces the pressure on the dog’s neck. Its design also includes double attachment rings for the leash – one at the back for keeping the dog at the home yard and one at the front for preventing pulling or choking while walking or training.
This no-pull harness can also be customized to be the best fit for your canine companion due to its slide straps with four buckles – 2 each on the back and neck. The buckles also ensure that the harness is comfortable to put on and take-off.
This dog harness ensures the satisfaction of both the dog handler and the dog itself with a 100% quality warranty. It is also easy to wear or remove and easy to adjust to make a custom fit for your furry friend.
- Soft and lightweight padding made with a high-quality nylon material.
- Lightweight construction and easy-to-breathe-in material.
- Perfect for various uses such as hunting, casual walking and training.
- Available in five sizes and three different colors.
#5 2 Hounds Design Freedom No-Pull Dog
- ENJOY MORE WALKS: Easy to use & comfortable to wear, four adjustment points plus Swiss Velvet lining prevents rubbing
- BETTER CONTROL: Two connections give you better training results with your dog
- TRAIN WITH EASE: Recommended by veterinarians, trainers, and dog behaviorists worldwide - helps you train your dog.
If you want to enjoy walking with your pooch while it is on a harness, then consider getting the 2 Hounds Design Freedom Harness. A patented control loop attached to the back of the harness ensures that it tightens very gently around the chest of your canine companion, discouraging your furry friend from pulling and making the walk a great, enjoyable, and easy experience.
The harness is also designed in a way to keep your dog safe with stainless steel hardware material. Moreover, its four adjustment points ensure that it has the strength to hold any size of dog from 15 lbs to 125 lbs and heavier.
This Freedom harness ensures that the handler has excellent control of the dog. Its maximum safety and comfort make it an excellent choice for all dogs – puppies and adult dogs.
- Swiss Velvet-lined chest strap that prevents rubbing and chaffing sores.
- Features a dual connection with a structural ring.
- The manufacturer will replace two chewed straps.
- Great for puppies, adult dogs, and senior puppies.
#6 Lifepul No-Pull Dog Vest Harness
- ▶ EASY TO OPERATE - All the dog vest harness for integral whole and having a handle at dog's upper back helps you...
- ▶ FUNCTIONAL FEATURES -The dog vest harness leash connector D ring on the back is not only perfect to attach a seat...
- ▶ EXCELLENT QUALITY - All the dog vest harness mades of highest quality nylon outside,nickel-plated hardware,thick...
The Lifepul No-Pull Dog Vest Harness is one that is easy to operate and designed with functional features to make it enjoyable for you and the dog. Its surface material is made of high standard durable nylon. This material has soft, thick, and breathable padding underneath to make it comfortable for your pet pooch.
You also won’t need to worry about respiratory problems that come from putting much pressure on the neck. The excellent material of the harness with its nickel-plated hardware lessens weathering. As your pooch grows, you can customize the fit of this dog harness with its adjustable chest strap and snap-on buckle.
This Lifepul dog harness has excellent quality, a unique design and it offers dog handlers total control. Dogs on this no-pull harness enjoy comfort and fashion style. It is also safe, thus making outings with the dog enjoyable.
- A handle on the back to lift your furry friend into a car.
- Uses a D-ring that is better than a neck collar.
- Safety buckle can be freely switched both open and close.
- Available in three different colors and two sizes.
#7 Embark Adventure No-Pull Dog Harness
- THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE DOG HARNESS - An XL dog harness for active lifestyles: go together for an easy walk, run, hiking,...
- HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE & EASY ON AND OFF - Longer straps with extra adjustment space help you find a snug fit for your dogs /...
- HEAVY DUTY & EXTRA DURABLE - Made from strong military-grade nylon that exceeds the national pulling strength guidelines...
The Embark Adventure No-Pull Dog Harness offers rugged adventure. It is durable and lightweight for everyday use. It is made from anti-chafing padding and no-rip nylon. Getting it on and off the dog only take a few seconds, hence, making it easy to walk or run.
It also guarantees a secure and snug fit as it can be fully adjusted on the belly and upper chest of the dog. It has two attachment points – the back can bear constant pulling while the front is used only in training settings.
This dog harness is highly durable and very easy to wear or take off. It becomes effortless to train the dog, and it works great with dogs of different sizes and shapes.
- Designed to pull evenly.
- Enhanced night time visibility due to its reflective trim.
- Military standard thread and quadruple stitching.
- Available in three different colors and four sizes.
#8 Barkbay No-Pull Front Clip Dog Harness
- EVERYDAY DOG HARNESS: This No Pull Dog Harness is Constructed from lightweight No Rip Nylon and Anti-Chafe Padding,...
- GREAT FOR PULLERS: No pull Front leading ring for more controls, help you train them to stop pulling! D-ring on the back...
- EASILY PUT ON and TAKE OFF the head-over harness hassle-free.Unique 4 points of adjustments Design for a near-custom...
Do you desire to go on adventures with your furry friend? If yes, then this Barkbay No-Pull Canine Harness is worth considering. It is a soft harness that is at the same time durable and strong. Whether you want to go hiking, camping, trail running, or walking, this adventure dog harness will heighten the pleasure of the experience.
It is broadly padded around the neck to increase comfort. It comes with a strong back handle for easy control of the dog during training. Its design allows freedom of movement for the dog and makes it comfortable to be worn for several hours.
This dog harness is effective for different purposes; it is also safe for use during the day and at night. Its design also reduces strain on the neck of your furry friend.
- Reflective and illuminous stitching for safety and visibility at night.
- Designed to slip in over the neck of your dog with four adjustment points.
- Two sturdy metal leash points of attachment.
- Available in four different colors and four sizes.
#9 Yogadog Heavy Duty Soft Padded Dog Harness
- EXTRA DURABLE HARNESS - Fit dogs with 32-47 inch chest (Measure the widest part of the dog's chest, choose the larger...
- EXTENSIBLE HANDLE - Padded extensible handle with elastic, this particular design can buffer the pulling force to avoid...
- SUPER COMFORTABLE - Soft ventilate padding, comfortable for dog's chest and backside, bring soft cushion to protect the...
Is your pooch one with a sensitive neck? Do you encounter problems in educating your dog? Then you can switch to this yogadog heavy-duty canine harness. It is engineered with high standard fabric that can bear 450-lb pulling resistance. It allows for more control of the dog with a short and integrated leash design while the padded handle ensures that the handler’s grip is tight.
This makes it easy to deal with hard pulling. It is an excellent choice for medium and big-sized dogs. Moreover, its short and tactical leash can be paired with a long handle for leisurewear and comfort walk.
This dog harness is very comfortable due to padding. It is also resistant to wear and highly durable. It also offers quick control of the dog.
- Fits into dogs with a chest that measures between 36 to 47 inches wide.
- Weatherproof nylon and reflective stitching provide better visibility and safety.
- Breast padding for comfort and soft padding for backside ventilation.
- Available in three sizes.
#10 ThinkPet No-Pull Breathable Sport Harness
- Medium Dog Harness- Medium size: chest girth 15-30 inch, neck girth 16-22 inch. Recommend chihuahua, havanese, corgi,...
- Durable & Escape-proof Harness- This pet harness features premium nylon that makes the harness robust against wear....
- Padded Breathable Dog Vest Harness- Extra thick yet breathable inner layer of soft mesh optimized for skin ventilation...
ThinkPet No-Pull Breathable Sport Harness is a medium-sized no-pull harness for smaller dogs. It has a chest girth of between 15 to 30 inches and a neck girth of between 16 to 22 inches. It is made of premium nylon to keep the harness robust during wear. The inner layer of soft mesh helps with ventilation and comfort.
This harness from ThinkPet comes with a lock design to enhance safety for your pup. It has quick snap buckles that make it easy to wear and take off. It also has widened straps to prevent choking and pulling. The dog harness has a fluorescent strap all around for extra visibility. It has two metal leash D-rings and a padded soft handle.
We love a stylish harness that you can use every day outside or while traveling. It has wide straps to protect your dog. The material helps with ventilation and overall comfort for your furry friend. The fluorescent strap is perfect for walks in the dark. It is easy to put on and take off, thanks to the quick snap buckles.
- Available in four size options and 14 different colors.
- Made of premium nylon with an inner layer of soft mesh.
- Lock design for safety.
- Quick snap buckles.
- Widened straps to prevent choking or pulling.
- Fluorescent strap for extra visibility.
- Padded soft handle.
- Uses two metal leash D-rings.
- This no-pull harness works well for smaller dogs.
- Perfect for everyday use while walking, hiking, or traveling.
#11 Sporn No-Pull & No Choke Dog Harness
- MATERIAL: Made of premium quality, sturdy, durable nylon mesh with nickel plated hardware for reliable strength and to...
- MEASUREMENTS: Durable dog harness measures 8-inch length by 4-4/5-inch width by 2-inch height. Suitable to fit 16-inch...
- OPTIMUM COMFORT: Our non pulling mesh harness offers total control without compromising with your dog’s comfort. The...
This Sporn Dog Harness has an excellent blend of style, control, safety, and comfort. It is engineered to be more for mild to heavy pullers, and it ensures that your canine companion is discouraged from pulling without any form of choking or even training.
Its mesh covering of the harness is placed at the front of the dog’s neck while the nylon straps are put on both sides of its head. Sherpa-covered loops are placed around the dog’s legs so that when your pooch pulls, the padded Sherpa can tighten and gently apply pressure beneath its front leg.
This Sporn dog harness effectively prevents any unwanted pulling without tampering with the comfort of the dog. Your dog is guaranteed utmost safety with this dog harness. It is also comfortable to wear.
- Nickel-plated hardware lessens weathering.
- Flexible mesh padding.
- High-grade quality, strong and durable nylon mesh material.
- Available in three colors and four sizes.
#12 My Busy Dog No-Pull Harness Vest
- HOW WE’RE DIFFERENT: Unlike other harnesses that can dig into your dog’s skin or have to be constantly readjusted,...
- HASSLE-FREE HARNESS: Easily slip over your dog’s head and secure at both sides with the buckles. No more pulling your...
- EXTRA FRONT LEASH ATTACHMENT: In addition to the standard back attachment point, our harness has a no pull front...
When looking for a no-pull dog harness, you always want a comfortable and convenient harness. This is precisely what you get with My Busy Dog Harness Vest. Its mesh design and double metal leash points of attachments are comfortable and flexible in a way that makes it easy to go walking, hiking, or a day out on the beach.
Its back-leash attachment provides your pup the freedom to range a bit further from you during hikes and to explore the outdoors. It has an additional front leash attachment with which you can train your dog to stop pulling.
The Busy Dog Harness Vest allows your pooch to get busy and explore without pulling and continuously readjusting. Your canine friend is guaranteed convenience and comfort.
- Designed with soft mesh padding with an interior lining for security.
- Can be slipped in easily and secured with buckles at both sides.
- Metal clips ensure that the harness stays in place.
- Available in five different sizes.
- A handle for extra control.
No-Pull Dog Harness Buyer’s Guide
It can take effort and time to buy quality items when in search of one. However, when you get a quality harness, and you walk down your neighborhood with your pet pooch strolling calmly at your side, it will be worth it.
A good no-pull harness does not just provide a temporary solution to the problem of your frantic pulling dog. Over time, it trains the dog on how to walk calmly without pulling.
Dog Harness VS Dog Collar
According to research conducted by the School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin-Madison, they found that wearing a canine collar leads to increased intraocular pressure as compared to a regular dog harness.
This is because a harness spreads the force generated during pulling across the dog’s body. Small-sized dogs and puppies can’t handle the pressure that a collar generates, and a tuck could crush their windpipes or damage their necks.
It is often the belief of some dog parents that the discomfort a collar provides is preferable as it is better equipment to discourage dog pulling. But some research has claimed that such beliefs are wrong. Instead of training or discouraging the canine to pull lesser, the neck of the dog gets accustomed to your pulls and more resistant. Hence, you as the dog owner will have to resort to harder pulls which risks severe canine injuries.
There is less chance of a canine harness slipping off or breaking away while your dog is running and so your furry friend feels more confident and secure with the harness around its body.
The bottom line is that with the right dog harness, you can avoid all this. The correct harness makes activities of various kinds to be enjoyable for you and your dog.
When going through the different styles of dog harnesses on the market, it can be challenging to make the right choice.
The best thing that to do is to carefully research and understand the features of a harness before purchasing it.
Is your pooch the type that easily jumps into mud puddles? Then you will be better off choosing a harness that can easily be washed in the machine.
Or perhaps your pooch is the type that will lunge at other dogs on the road? Then decide on a harness with a top handle that allows for better control.
Furthermore, it is better for you to take your pooch out while searching the market for a harness. This way, you can try out each type and decide on which will be easier to wear on and take off from your canine buddy.
What Are No-Pull Dog Harnesses?
Just as its name suggests, no-pull dog harnesses prevent dogs from pulling or at least reduce the rate at which the dog pulls. A no-pull dog harness works by distributing the pressure evenly around the body of the dog. When a dog starts to pull on the harness, the front hook gently steers your pooch back towards you.
This helps to discourage any unwanted pulling behavior.
A no-pull canine harness typically comes with two separate clips to be used for the leash. One clip will be attached to the front, while the other is attached to the back.
No-Pull Back-Clip Harness
Back-clip dog harnesses are one with a D-ring leash attachment on the back, resting between the shoulder blades of the dog. They are a suitable choice for small dogs, dogs with injuries in the neck, and dogs that have trachea or respiratory problems. For instance, a back-clip harness will be suitable for a dog that has a collapsed trachea because it does not strain the neck of the dog.
It provides excellent protection on the dog’s throat and neck region. However, excessively pulling dogs, powerful dogs, or big dogs with little training and a high prey drive will not benefit from a back-clip harness. For instance, the back-clip harness will not work on a 200-lb Bull Mastiff that tends to pull frantically.
No-Pull Front-Clip Harness
On the other hand, a front clip harness is one with the D-ring form of leash attachment at the front and at the center of the dog’s chest. They are an excellent choice for dogs that jump and pull, and also dogs that easily get distracted while walking or are difficult to direct. It is ideal for training a dog on how to easily navigate.
Related: Best Escape Proof Dog Harness
Putting on a harness for a dog is dependent on the model and make of the harness. Some dog harnesses go in over the head of the dog and clip on both sides with a strap that holds the harness around the dog’s chest or waist.
While other no-pull harnesses open and close around the dog with multiple clips. You might have to make your pooch walk into a harness before it can be secured with single or multiple clips around the back area.
So, always practice positive reinforcement with your pooch to let it get used to the harness. Reward it with a treat whenever it wears the no-pull canine harness.
Measuring Your Dog For The No-Pull Harness
It is essential that you measure your furry friend correctly for the no-pull harness you want to purchase to avoid the risk of many injuries and problems of different kinds. An overly loose canine harness can lead to your canine companion slipping out of the harness and escaping. While too tight of a harness can cause pain and discomfort.
For most dog harnesses, there are two measurements needed – the chest and the lower neck. The process involves the use of a measuring tape that is soft to measure around the lower portion of your furry friend’s neck. Place the tape a little above the breastbone and towards the back of the dog’s neck. Use the soft tape to measure around the widest part of your canine friend’s chest. This involves setting the tape a little behind the front legs and wrapping it around to the point of the dog’s back for most dogs. Several dog harnesses make use of the term “girth” in describing the measurements of the dog’s chest.
Also, it is better to allow for two fingers of extra space when fitting the harness of your pooch to avoid pinching and chafing. So, buy the harness for your canine buddy based on the measurements.
Some dog owners often ask if padding is necessary for a no-pull dog harness.
The answer is based on the type of dog and your preference. As a general guide, dog breeds that have short hair could potentially benefit from padding to prevent skin irritation and rubbing.
No-Pull Harness Material
Cleaning of dog harnesses is crucial especially those with a padded material. Some dog owners will choose a leather canine harness because of the reduced possibility of skin irritation. While some other paw parents will go for nylon dog harnesses because they are quicker and easier to wash.
The size, breed, allergies, and skin quality of your dog influence the choice of the material to a great extent. As great as leather dog harnesses look, lightweight nylon materials are the best for dogs such as pugs. Besides, Nylon is a very durable material though if it is without extra padding, the force of pulling on your pooch can rub its skin and lead to irritations.
Adjustability is one of the vital points when purchasing a no-pull canine harness. Though you can get your dog measurements and buy a suitable canine harness, it is still rare to get a perfect fit. So, an excellent way to ensure a suitable and correct harness fit for your canine companion is to make use of adjustment points.
Moreover, as your pooch grows, these adjustment points ensure that the harness is still a good fit.
Related: Best Tactical Dog Harness
Our top-rated choice of all the no-pull dog harnesses reviewed is the RabitGoo No-Pull Dog Harness. It has an adjustable neck and girth that can be adjusted to practically any fit. This ensures a comfortable fit into any dog size.
You don’t have to worry about choking, and it is helpful to gently train your pooch on minimizing its unwanted pulling behavior.