The best elevated dog bed is Kuranda Dog Bed.
With an elevated dog bed, you can rest assured (mind the pun, we couldn’t resist), that your canine companion is just as comfortable as you are while asleep. Not only will an elevated dog bed keep your pooch warm and comfortable, but it’ll also protect it from insects and disease-ridden creepy crawlies.
Plus, it’s so much easier to maintain an elevated bed and the space around it. Just switch on your vacuum cleaner and clean under the bed without lifting it.
If all this sounds like the ideal dog bed for your furry best friend, you’ll enjoy our review. Here’s a list of the best-elevated dog beds on the market and a buying guide to help you make an informed purchasing decision.
#1 Kuranda Dog Bed
- ORIGINAL CHEWPROOF BED AND STILL THE BEST - Designed in Maryland in 1995. Patent #US5992348. Still the best. Best...
- BEST DESIGN - Oversize rails (larger than all competitors) protect fabric in frame. Orthopedic design provides long...
- BEST MATERIALS - Aircraft grade aluminum and high strength PVC won't rust. Premium fabric are abrasion resistant,...
Unlike most brands that make elevated dog beds with a steel frame, Kuranda has opted for PVC instead, making this elevated dog bed one of the most durable in the market. As for the sleeping surface, it’s made from comfortable Cordura. This material isn’t just comfy to lie on, but it’s also resistant to abrasions, tears, and scuffs. This makes it ideal for aggressive chewers because it’s scratch-proof and chew-proof.
Kuranda didn’t stop there, however, as this pet bed boasts a flexible sleeping surface which makes it less uncomfortable for the bony prominences of your dog’s body. Due to its construction, this pet bed is mostly suited for indoor use, but an aluminum version is available for outdoor use.
Although a bit pricey, this Kuranda dog bed is worth every penny. It’s made tough and highly resistant, plus it’s easy to maintain. What more could you ask for?
Thanks to its elevated height and durable materials, this dog bed is perfect for large dogs that are aggressive chewers.
- The largest size of this pet bed can handle a dog as big as 100 lbs.
- Made from heavy-duty and abrasion-resistant Cordura.
- Can handle aggressive chewers.
- Orthopedic surface.
- Easy to clean & lightweight.
#2 K&H PET PRODUCTS Original Bolster Pet Cot Elevated Dog Bed
- BOLSTERED OUTDOOR DOG BED: Dog cot made of waterproof, heavy-denier fabric with fluffy plush bolster for ultimate pet...
- STRONG & STURDY: Dog cots lightweight metal frame and heavy denier cover holds over 200 pounds, dog bed is durable and...
- QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY: Easy to assemble and disassemble, no tools necessary making this outdoor dog bed great for use...
This elevated dog bed from K&H PET PRODUCTS is built for comfort. It comes with features like a cushioned bolster to keep your dog safe and comfy, while the 600 Denier fabric is not only easy to clean but waterproof as well. All you need to clean this low-maintenance bed is a wet cloth, and you’re good to go!
To minimize the risk of dogs falling from this raised bed, K&H has designed it to include anti-skid rubber feet. So, you can confidently leave your dog to sleep on this bed without supervision and without worrying that it’s going to fall.
It’s so comfortable that your dog will want to take regular afternoon naps on it. Thanks to the breathable mesh fabric, this dog bed is comfortable in any climate.
This sprawling elevated dog bed recreates the experience of sleeping on your bed for your dog. The plush bolster and Denier nylon fabric guarantee both strength and durability.
- Tested for strength and durability.
- Made with 600 Denier nylon fabric.
- Comes with a super comfy bolster.
- Backed by a one-year limited warranty.
#3 K9 Ballistics Chew-Proof Elevated Dog Bed
- Chew Proof Dog Bed: For dogs who persistently chew their beds, and who've turned lesser dog beds into a pile of rags....
- Chew Resistant Dog Bed: This elevated dog bed resists all destructive dog habits such as chewing, biting, scratching,...
- Crate Dog Bed: Designed to fit in all standard size dog crates. This crate dog bed fits snuggly (not tight) without any...
The K9 Ballistics elevated dog bed is built tough to withstand even the strongest chewers. It’s virtually chew-proof and a testament to K9 Ballistic’s commitment to creating durable, long-lasting, and high-quality elevated beds.
Although there are a few reviews of unsatisfied customers who say their dogs were able to chew through some of the materials of this dog bed, they didn’t make it out of chunks that are big enough to swallow. Sure, this bed may suffer a bit of damage from constant scratching and chewing, but it’s relatively safe for any dog to use.
For those of you that want your dog’s feeder to contribute to the overall decor of your home, this is the best choice on this list. As a bonus, this dog feeder is much more durable than other wooden models, thanks to its use of bamboo.
- Made of sturdy bamboo.
- Features inclined bowl insets.
- Anti-slip feet.
- Available in four sizes and four distinct colors.
#4 Coolaroo The Original Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
- Fabric is made out of a heavy duty breathable high density polyethylene (HDPE) fabric that promotes and increases air...
- Off-the-ground design helps to eliminate hot spots and fabric flexibility creates low-impact areas to relieve joint...
- Featuring our durable HDPE fabric and powder-coated steel frame this pet bed is suitable for pets of all sizes, breeds...
Coolaroo from Gale Pacific is one of the most well-known manufacturers of premium pet products. This is a precision-crafted elevated dog bed that offers a combination of safety, comfort, and durability. It’s made with comfy knitted fabric that’ll make your pooch feel like it’s sleeping on a cloud.
It’s supported by a sturdy frame that’s made from powder black coated steel. The coating makes it skid-proof and protects the surface of the bed from critters like mites and fleas, as well as mold and mildew. Since the bed is elevated at a height of 7 inches from the ground, there’s no chance of creepy crawlies ever reaching the bed’s surface and irritating your dog.
You’ll be glad to know that this dog bed is made from chemical-free materials. Your dog can lie on this bed all day during the summer without worrying about any chemicals leaching from it. The great thing is that all of this is available at a very affordable price tag.
With an elevation of 7 inches above the ground, this dog bed from Coolaroo guarantees a peaceful night’s sleep. Your dog will feel as though it’s taking a nap on your bed, and the best part is that this model is made from eco-friendly, recyclable materials, fantastic for environmentally-conscious dog owners.
- Made from powder-coated steel.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Resistant to mites, fleas, mold, and mildew.
- The sleeping surface is made from durable yet comfy, high-density polyethylene, available in six different colors.
- Is easy to clean and maintain.
#5 Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed
- DIMENSION & CARE: Large Raised Dog Cot: 49"L x 35.5"W x 8"H (Frame), 43"L x 35"W (Mesh), up to 85 lbs. Perfect for all...
- DURABLE DESIGN: Well-built frame helps the pet bed stable and safely elevated for your dog to rest easy on - Durable...
- ELEVATED COMFORT: Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed (8" Off the ground) lifts your doggy pal off wet, muddy grass to keep him...
The Bedsure elevated dog bed features a durable and breathable Teslin mesh design that ensures proper airflow, thereby keeping dogs cool. The bed’s surface is designed to resist tears from canine claws, and the soft nature of the Bedsure bed helps relieve joint pain and stress.
This Bedsure dog bed supports canine weights ranging between 40 lbs to 85 lbs, making it ideal for households with large-sized pooches. And if you’re worried about using this bed outside on rainy days, the elevated, no-slip feet help ensure that your canine buddy remains dry and clean.
Dirt and pet hair don’t cling to the Bedsure bed mesh, thereby making this product easy to maintain, and the bed can easily be assembled and disassembled for easy transportation and storage. Users can also place a softer dog pad on the Bedsure mesh to provide even more comfort for their canine buddies.
The Bedsure elevated dog bed is perfect for outdoor use, and its portable size also makes it ideal for use inside the house. With the comfort provided by this bed, dogs will have no difficulty relaxing, and its durable, sturdy build ensures that this product is durable.
- Cot dimensions – 49 inches long by 35.5 inches wide by 8 inches tall.
- Mesh dimensions – 43 inches long by 35 inches wide.
- No-slip feet.
- Breathable mesh design that is only available in gray color.
- Sturdy frame.
- Supports dog weight up to 85 lbs.
- Easy to maintain.
#6 Amazon Basics Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
- Breathable mesh fabric helps keep pets cool by allowing air to flow
- Elevates pets more than 7 inches off the ground
- Easy to clean (using tap water only); simple assembly (screws and hex tool included)
Not to be outdone, Amazon has created its version of the elevated dog bed. This model has a very similar design to the Coolaroo, hence the distinction as a cooling dog bed. Although it has almost identical features to the Coolaroo, this bed is $30 cheaper.
You’ll be glad to know that it’s easy to assemble and comes with all the tools and instructions you need. It’s also effortless to clean and maintain.
Thanks to the mesh fabric, your dog will stay cool and comfortable in any weather condition, and it’s super easy to clean as well. All you have to do is hose it down and you’re done. Amazon Basics has taken it to the next level with a higher weight capacity of up to 150 lbs. Plus, you can rest assured that this dog bed is covered by the Amazon guarantee.
This comfortable elevated dog bed is great for all seasons. It’s made from cool breathable mesh material and it’s available in two different colors to suit different personalities.
- Creates a cool surface made from a breathable mesh material.
- Strong and durable frame.
- Is easy to assemble and maintain.
- Has a maximum weight capacity of up to 150 lbs.
#7 Veehoo Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
- Material: 1200D Oxford Canvas and Powder-Coated Steel. Size: 50"x32"x9" (127x81x22.5 cm). Can hold a maximum weight of...
- Floor No More! Sleeping with elevated dog bed is more comfortable, cleaner, dryer and healthier than on the ground. Stay...
- Durable in Use! Veehoo bed mat is made of 1200D oxford fabric, ensuring the pet cot more durable and tear-resistant....
Give your pooch the best with this Veehoo cooling elevated dog bed. It’s designed with your canine buddy’s comfort in mind and can help to relieve joint pain. You can place this dog bed pretty much anywhere around your house, and it’s suitable for outdoor use as well.
That’s because it’s made of rust-resistant 600 Denier oxford fabric that’s backed by a plastic-coated steel frame. It’s also portable, so you can take it with you as a resting surface for your dog in between playing fetch at the park.
The anti-collapse design of this dog bed means that it won’t fall apart no matter how much your dog moves around while asleep. The sleeping surface is resistant to mites, fleas, and odors, plus it’s waterproof and durable enough to withstand constant chewing and biting from aggressive chewers.
The surface is machine washable, while the rest of it just requires a spray and brush to get the mud off after a rainy spell. You’ll also be glad to know that this dog bed is easy to assemble with no need to use a screw and wrench. Simply plug it in and use it either indoors or outdoors, depending on your preferences.
This dog bed from Veehoo is one of the few that comes in eight exciting colors, but not limited to orange, brown, and black. It’s also available in different sizes to suit various dog breeds.
- Easy to assemble.
- Made from a powder-coated steel frame.
- Has a breathable mesh center.
- Available in eight different textile colors.
Elevated Dog Beds Buyer’s Guide
Dogs are simple. All they want is some food, buddies to play with, a few toys, and a roof to hide under when it’s raining outside. Now, as a dog parent, you want to give your pet the best you can, and that includes making sure its surroundings and lodgings are as comfortable as possible.
Apart from letting your dog sleep on your bed, an elevated dog bed is the next most comfortable place for your furry baby to sleep for the night. The great thing about elevated beds is that they put some space between your dog and the floor, unlike traditional dog beds. It’s like they’re regular, human beds but come in sizes suitable to dogs.
As with any purchase, you have to keep a few essential considerations in mind when shopping around for an elevated dog bed, such as:
Some of the great elevated dog beds have sturdy frames made from durable steel or aluminum frame. Some models are made from PVC, but it doesn’t have the same level of durability as metal. The latter is better for small to medium-sized dogs, while steel frame dog beds work great for large, heavy dogs.
Be sure to check the maximum weight requirement for your dog’s bed to make sure that it can handle your dog’s weight.
A good quality elevated dog bed should have a mesh fabric surface that is breathable and resistant to scratches and chewing. Make sure the mesh is strong enough to support your dog adequately as it sleeps.
Your dog should always feel comfortable when climbing onto his elevated bed, and a strong metal frame will provide it with ample support to keep it happy. To achieve this, you need to pick an elevated dog bed that’s made from durable materials like canvas mesh and a metal frame.
If you are looking for indestructible dog beds that can withstand aggressive chewers, here are a few options that you can consider.
The size and height of the elevated bed play a huge role in how comfortable your dog will be while sleeping on it. Ideally, you want a dog bed that’s large enough to feel like a bed, and your dog’s limbs shouldn’t be hanging off the edge. It should also be a comfortable height that makes it easy for your dog to get on and off.
If you and your dog lead an active lifestyle, then you should definitely consider elevated dog beds that are portable and suitable for outdoor use. They should also be suitable for use between the seasons and compatible with activities like camping, hiking, and boating.
That way, your furry friend can sleep on a comfortable surface no matter where you travel to.
Again, durability is a must because it contributes to the bed’s comfort level and support. You also want an elevated dog bed that’s made to last. Otherwise, you’ll be purchasing a new model every year.
Look out for durable construction like steel and aluminum in the frame and Denier oxford fabric or canvas that’s thick enough to withstand aggressive chewing.
Ease Of Cleaning
The last thing you want is a high-maintenance dog bed that requires constant cleaning. Luckily, there are plenty of elevated models out there that are easy to clean that only require that you put the cover in the washer and wipe the frame with a damp cloth. There are even waterproof and weatherproof models to choose from.
Corner holes on an elevated bed are dangerous, especially for active dogs that love playing around. As much as possible, try to avoid beds that come with corner holes.
What Dog Breeds Need An Elevated Dog Bed?
The answer to this question depends on the dog. If you are unsure of your dog’s breed, you make use of a dog DNA test kit to determine its breed.
For aggressive chewers that have destroyed a bed before, they will most likely do it once again. Dog owners in this situation should opt for durable elevated dog beds that are made from chew-proof materials.
It’s worth noting here that there’s no such thing as an indestructible bed, and if a dog is determined enough to chew its way through a dog bed, it will eventually disintegrate it no matter how tough it is. But this doesn’t mean that you should just buy any of the elevated dog beds on the market. You should still opt for a chew-resistant bed and consider investing in a training program to condition your dog better.
Young puppies are often very aggressive at chewing everything around them, and they have very sharp teeth. That’s because the puppies are teething.
So, if you have a puppy, then you should get him a chew-proof dog bed just to ward off bad chewing habits from the get-go. Encourage your canine buddy to use chew toys instead.
For your pet pooch, sleeping on an elevated dog bed is like sleeping on your bed. It has the same raised height, level of support, and comfort. If we were to pick one option from the elevated dog beds reviewed, it would have to be our top pick.
Our top pick comes highly recommended because it’s made tough but comfy. It is resistant to chewing with a flexible sleeping surface that’ll help your dog enjoy sweet dreams. However, it is a bit more expensive than most models. With such wonderful features, its price tag is totally justifiable.